PC pre boss to king slime guide for begginers.

Was this helpfull?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes but a have a suggestion/s

• Do more guides please I found this very helpfull

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peanut sauce

Retinazer
IMPORTANT
this text is for normal stuff that all should do
this is for not required but doable stuff
this means boss or class setups

FIRST DAY
When you first spawn in look for a flat area near spawn then clear all trees in the area,
then set down a workbench craft wooden armor a sword
and a bow. Then start work on a house, and after that explore nearby and kill all slimes you find.
Then find a patch of stone and mine 20 or more, then return to base make torches then a furnace
and arrows if you have a bow. Also remember to mine all iron you find, because you can make a anvil.

SECOND DAY AND ONWARD

Explore! If you have a desert nearby make cactus armor and pick, If you have a ice biome nearby make boral wood armor, sword and bow along with frost burn arrows. If you have a corruption or crimson DON'T GO IN IT. Next find a cave or dig a hellavator and explore till you have 200 health or more from life crystales, and also have hermes boot, band of regen and a hook. Also gather bombs, gold/plat and rubys and other gems. Then make gold/plat gear( bow, sword, pick, armor) and a slime crown.

KING SLIME SETUP
Melee setup: gold or plat armor with flaming mace, thorn charecem, enchanted sword/ice blade
Range setup: gold/plat/fossil armor with demon bow or grenades with jesters arrows or frostburn arrows or musket/undertaker and minishark

Magic setup: gem robe and diamond staff with max mana or gi with magic hat/jungle or meteorite armor
Summoner setup: flinx robe with flinx staff along with leather whip/snapthorn
General: gold/plat armor hermes boots, band of regen, Gem hook, double jump

POTIONS
Melle:
Ranger: archery
Magic: magic power, mana, magic regen
Summoner: summon
General: ironskin, speed, regen

Potions on the wiki: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/t...C_1.4.0.png/revision/latest?cb=20200611014542
ARENA
One very long platform chain 20 blocks above the ground

STRAT'S

Kill summoned slimes for mana/health, look for teleportation signs.

Thanks for looking, and please tell me in the comments if I should add something! Also see whoneedsnamestbh's post for more risky/advanced strats

Last edited:
It doesn’t actually hurt to rush the Corruption or Crimson pre-boss, if you’re able to manage. It’s dangerous, but if you can get down to a shadow orb or crimson heart, you can get great items. Musket, Undertaker, Ball o’ Hurt or Vilethorn are good targets. And if you can get one of those guns, it also opens you up for an early Minishark.

In the same aspect, it’s also an option to raid the Jungle or the Underground Desert early, although that’s even riskier. Jungle can net you Boomstick, Thorn Chakram, Snapthorn, Feral Claws and Jungle Armor. Most of desert’s loot is utility like teleporting to the ocean, useful bombs or faster mining, and its weapons aren’t great, however if you’re a ranged user you absolutely want to get yourself Fossil Armor if you can pull it off.

I strongly recommend going to the Underground Snow and getting 14 Flinx Fur. Underground Snow isn’t hard at all, and the Flinx Staff js free damage on your build, and being able to double that is usually worth more than whatever your chestpiece offers. Only exception is if you’re a Mage user, in which case you definitely want to use the chestpiece for a gem robe instead.

In fact, there are some other really good weapons you can get from Snow - namely the Snowball Cannon and Ice Blade. It has nothing specifically for Mage, but is probably the best place to find natural gems for Mage runs. You can also mass produce Frostburn Arrows, which are the second best preboss arrow behind Jester and much easier to mass produce than Jester. A full stack of Ice will have you set until Hardmode.

I strongly recommend against using Gold Sword. Its damage sucks and its range is prone to get you killed versus the King Slime. If you’re going to use a sword, use either the Ice Blade, Enchanted Sword or Starfury.

There are two general accessories you definitely want before diving into bosses: double jump and running boots. You have tons of options for these: Hermes, Flurry, Dunerider and Sailfish Boots; Cloud, Blizzard, Fart, Sandstorm or Tsunami in a Bottle.

Definitely collect naturally generating Demonite or Crimtane. It spawns in larger veins after 1.4 and you can sometimes get enough for a bow or yoyo pre-boss, which is a huge boost.

You also don’t have to kill Slime as your first boss either. Its only good drops are the hook and the mount, which can wait until after the Eye (and in Expert Mode you want the

Back
Top Bottom