[Pre-Hardmode] Easy Present/Meteorite farm

Buckybomb

Terrarian
e76741c769618bd28506a2154bbe9477.png

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Christmas is upon us, and that means enemies drop presents. These things drop at random, but can very easily give some good loot:​
  • Pre-Hardmode weapons
  • Really good foods
  • Equipment
  • Furniture

If you just play through the event, you're bound to get some. However, what if you're that die-hard collector?

Resources:
  • 50 Meteorite ore
  • Bee armor, and an Imp staff. (If you can't get an imp staff, it's totally fine to use a Hornet staff.)
  • Blue candle
  • Campfire
  • Heart lantern
  • Some patience
  • 5 platforms
How to build:

This has to be a Pre-Hardmode world. Meteorite heads drop nothing in a Hardmode world.

1. Build up around 50 blocks on the highest point in the place you'd like to farm. For me, I found a relatively flat part of my world, and just built up from that highest point. This ensures no ground mobs spawn, meaning your minions only attack the meteorite heads, as well as giving your minions enough time to hit the heads before they reach you.

2. Lay out 50 meteorite around 10-15 blocks above the player, or where you'll sit. This creates a meteorite zone, spawning meteorite heads.

3. Spawn the Imps/Bees, place your lantern, campfire and torch, and just wait. The minions will take down the meteorite, and drop goodies.

(A banner is good for the farm. You'll get tons, so dont worry.)

This farm is also a great loot farm. Surprisingly, meteorite heads drop lots of cash, as well as extra meteorite.

And that's it! Have fun with this basic, unintuitive but yet easy to build farm.​

Sorry to sink your boat 4 months late, but they don't drop presents or goodie bags even if 'tis the season

From the Wiki:
Presents
are special items that have a 7.69% chance (1/13) to be dropped by any enemy during the Christmas holiday season (December 15–31). Presents operate like Grab Bags, each containing random items. They are opened by right-clicking or using the RT button on them from within the player's inventory, similar to Goodie Bags and Crates.

So presents should be able to drop from anything. And if you go offline(console, on PC you can adjust without going offline) and just set you system date to desember something this should work just fine?

I don't see how you are sinking his boat?

From the Wiki:
Presents
are special items that have a 7.69% chance (1/13) to be dropped by any enemy during the Christmas holiday season (December 15–31). Presents operate like Grab Bags, each containing random items. They are opened by right-clicking or using the RT button on them from within the player's inventory, similar to Goodie Bags and Crates.

So presents should be able to drop from anything. And if you go offline(console, on PC you can adjust without going offline) and just set you system date to desember something this should work just fine?

I don't see how you are sinking his boat?
On the meteor head article:

Back
Top Bottom