Pre-hardmode hoik world + automatic hoik path changer

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
Although teleporters can be used to move rapidly around the world in hardmode, such means of travel is not available in pre-hardmode. Instead, a system of hoiks can be constructed to reach distant places. Minecarts are also available for rapid travel, but mainly horizontally. Hoiks on the other hand allow for very rapid horizontal and vertical movement. I have constructed a hoik world illustrating how one can reach distant places very quickly, even if they are underground. In this hoik world, there is one long horizontal bi-directional hoik system, and periodically there are alternate bi-directional hoik paths leading downwards.

First, a video of the action:

Here is snapshot of a junction point:

2996C1BA45B7231DE75281D8C8EB7FDB751FA688

There is a switch at home base that dictates whether the player will be hoiked horizontally at the junction, or vertically. Here's a snapshot of the home base switches:

In the snapshot the switch is set to hoik the player vertically at the junction leading to the Cavern Grinder. Here are the schematics of the junction point, with wires and without:

The green wire goes to the left and connects to a switch which controls whether the player will be hoiked horizontally or vertically by actuating certain blocks at the junction. Here's a schematic of the home base, again with and without wires:

Currently in the hoik world there are bi-directional paths leading to:

1) The Dungeon (for the 8-boss fight)
2) Boss Arena (to fight 5 pre-hardmode bosses)

3) Underworld (to fight Wall of Flesh)

4) Cavern Grinder (featuring both manual and automated surface selectors)
5) Surface Grinder (crimson and corruption surfaces)

World download so you can check it all out and do some grinding of mobs or bosses:

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/mg0OcFXD/file.html
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/YxP2Ynjp/file.html (most recent)

Last edited:
hi, these things you made are amazing. I just learned what Hoiks are and I want to build too. I wanted to ask if you have any advice/sample world for me for a hoik path that goes right side of the world with up and down going junctions?
xfoPcds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom