Weapons & Equip Pre-Hardmode: Night's Edge - I am really disappointed.

icetear

Terrarian
I just need a place to cry. So here I am.

During my last exploration session, I found a Legendary Muramasa. The whole game changed - now it was easier to kill mobs, and even bosses.
The high speed, together with the auto-attack saved my butt many times.
Then I found out that I could transform the Muramasa into something even better... the "Night's Edge".
After some grinding and crafting, I got the other three swords finished - and finally forged my Night's Edge.
Hmmm... "best pre-hardmode weapon", really, is it? ok, the damage is doubled compared to the Muramasa, but no more auto-attack, and all the legendary modifiers from the Muramasa were gone. The following fights gave me the feeling that the Night's Edge isn't that great improvement... damn... wish I had saved my character before to do a rollback...

So what would I suggest?
Either slow down the Muramasa... or give the Night's Edge auto-attack as well, together with some more speed (reduce the damage a bit to balance this out).

Perhaps I should just activate hardmode and try to find a new cool weapon.

Kind regards
Mario

It's not really the best pre-hardmode weapon anymore. You must be watching really old videos to think that. On the pc exists much better weapons than that, looking on the wiki isn't that hard to do to find out that there is better weapons. DPS is key.

Source: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Night's_edge

"The Night's Edge is a high-end Broadsword and the strongest pre-Hardmode sword."

Not really that old information...

And it's not a disappointment. I'm using it now on an expert world and it's kicking :red:. Try a legendary modifier. I litterally 2-3 hit almost every mob.

Edit: My legendary night's edge hits at 61 damage and has fast speed and strong knocback. That's more than any one of its materials do.

Back
Top Bottom