Pre-Hardmode or Hardmode?

Which part of Terraria do you enjoy more?

• Pre-Hardmode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardmode

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

Pinky Slime

Steampunker
Ever since the 1.1 update, a 2nd "part" Terraria was introduced: Hardmode.

Both Pre-Hardmode and Hardmode are great in different ways, with Pre-Hardmode giving you more freedom to fight, explore and build, and Hardmode having more of a storyline with more powerful items at your disposal.

So which one do you prefer? :dryadtongue:

Hardmode. Hardmode takes a look in Pre-Hardmode's direction, puts a bullet in its head, and dances upon the corpse. Hardmode is better and has more content than Pre-Hardmode, and is the point at which the game starts getting difficult because monsters are actually very tough instead of you having inferior materials.

Hardmode is far better IMO. I really hate weapons without auto-swing which makes up most of the weapons available in pre-hardmode.

Then there's wings in hardmode which make movement significantly more enjoyable.

Then just hardmode mobs and bosses are better too.

I like both of them for different reasons:

Pre-hardmode gives the player a better challenge. You need to be careful while exploring caves and dangerous biomes. The lack of wings gives a sort of challenge allowing the player to think to get in some difficult areas (like Crimson or Corruption chasms). Fall damage may be annoying, but it's also a challenge.

Once you get Hardmode, you don't have to worry about this when you obtain wings. However, the difficulty gets much higher and tougher enemies appear. Bossess are better in this mode, but now it focuses more on combat. It's enjoyable too.

Hardmode is far better IMO. I really hate weapons without auto-swing which makes up most of the weapons available in pre-hardmode.

Then there's wings in hardmode which make movement significantly more enjoyable.

Then just hardmode mobs and bosses are better too.
Personally I think hardmode bosses and enemies are kind of bland.

Back
Top Bottom