Portfolio/Multi-Topic Pre-hardmode Re-balance Suggestion

How do you feel about these changes?

• Total voters
They may not have been about saving you defensively, but they've also never been about moving fast... Except necro in 1.06 and below, which was removed to turn it into a ranged armor. Just because something isn't about defense doesn't mean it shouldn't have decent defense. Sure, the stat increase on fossil is higher, but why in the world would a cloth-like ninja armor have less defense then an armor made of materials from the ground that takes more effort to get?

Also new players probably would only use melee armors because of it having the most defense. I at least know I would when I was new.

I appreciate the change to the movement speed thing, now the defense problem isn't as big a deal and the movement speed is now vague, making it open to interpretation. Not sure how to respond to the rest of this quote, because I'm a dumb boy. I understand where you're coming from, but I just don't really agree.

Yeah, I can't read. Both palladium and orichalcum have higher defense then 30, I misread their values on the wiki. To be fair, it was 10 PM at the time for me.

I still can't read, didn't notice about how it doesn't effect expert mod. Still, these armor changes do effect expert mode, and less defense = not good in a mode where things hit harder then in normal mode. You might be able to dodge easier, but you're still going to get hit at times, and hit for more then you would with the defense values in the game right now.

Also it is really easy to just kill some segments of the worm or kill some creepers of the brain and get the now buffed defensively shadow/crimson armor, so the gem armors would be useless to most people able to go through expert mode. New players might struggle with said bosses in normal mode, but I really do not see the use of making the gem armors unless you are new if all these changes were made.

Eh it's okay, I think it was around 5 am when I was first writing this? Glad a lot of you guys knocked some sense into me from how the changes have evolved since the first version.

And about the Crimson/Shadow armor issue I might add a note to only make them drop the materials when you finish them off. I think that should probably increase the usefulness of the gem upgrades. The gem upgrades' set bonuses should be worthwhile though anyways, if they still aren't enough it's better than having 4 different tiers of armor at that point of the game lol.

FINALLY, Agree with Cactus Armor and some parts of your thread, Although I'm not much of a fan with the changes with the armors, however I do see gems being more useful than how are they used now

Back
Top Bottom