tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Suffix "the Traitorous"
Fights for the Player. (if this is even possible)

Try to be lucky enough to spawn a dungeon guardian the traitorous, then you can speedblitze through the pillar event several times and grind moon lord

then imagine the plantera spores being "Traitorous", then it'd kill itself.

I found a baby cultist near the dungeon.

Capture 2016-03-18 17_00_56.png

I came back to the dungeon, now the cultists have growth spurts, including the baby one, but the 3rd one is still small

Also, notice the miniature vulture on the left
Capture 2016-03-18 17_59_15.png

New update is up! New suffixes:
The Master Ninja - very stealthy and can be very hard to keep track of if other things are going on. It's revealed when hit, but can enter stealth again under the cover of an explosion. When it does this, it can't be hit for a short time. It can be kept track of by its health bar, but that can be tough to do in the chaos of a larger fight.
The Lightning God - a purely projectile-based suffix, this enemy will constantly throw lightning at you from long range when it can see you, and can also call lightning down on you from above. Keep moving!

Due to popular demand, the prefixes Splitter and Stealthy have also been added. Splitter enemies spawn 2-4 enemies of its type upon death, all of which have 50% health, 80% damage, and are slightly smaller. Stealthy enemies are mostly transparent, so they can easily get the jump on you if you aren't on high alert. They lose transparency when hit, but regain it over time - don't lose track of them.

Flametrail (AKA the lamest projectile prefix) has been vastly improved by switching to a projectile that does the same thing without making an annoying sound, allowing me to spawn many more of them. It now creates an actual trail of flame.

Projectile prefixes that need line of sight can no longer charge up a bunch of projectiles to unload on you when you they can finally shoot, Petrifying stones for 2 seconds (down from 3), regenerating adds a flat .5 life/sec on top of its scaling regen.

I just realized Cryophobic should be slowed by being frostburned by a max of 80%, 40% For bosses.
and Pyophobic should get the cryophobic's current debuff. I feel Ichor removing armor makes more sense then frostburn.

New Suffix Idea: The Voodoo Doctor
occasionally summon enemies with Voodoo, and give them a random permanent debuff. (So you have to kill it to clear your debuff) and it itself has the voodoo effect except it transfers the debuff to you, and does not keep it.

The Juggernaut: 100% Size +20% Damage +100% Health +2500 Armor
Loses armor equal to damage delt to it, however the armor regenerates(2.5 armor/sec) if it is not delt damage withen 10 seconds, and when at full armor his health regenerates(1.5% Max/Sec). Cannot spawn on bosses. (This would absolutely break Moon Lord if he happened to get it.)

Post Moon Lord: Glass Cannon: Does Infinite Damage, Has one health(Bosses have 5 health and only take 1 damage, everything the boss summons IE Queen Bee, will also get Glass Cannon), always spawns with a damaging projectile prefix. (Reason this is post moonlord is so first time doing a boss wont get it and make the boss easy, but I think some bosses would be fun with this prefix, like Fishron)

I have a few suggestions.
Glitched: Will cause random prefixes to affect him every 3 seconds.
Light: Will have the Featherfall effect.
Blast-Off: Will explode if you kill him.
Nanomite: Is super-tiny.
Spellforge: Will cast random magical projectiles every 6-9 seconds.
Greed Bag: Will drop a completely random item (Low chance for anything worth it), has very fast speed ratings, quite some health, hardmode only.
Seething: Has a smaller "Inferno" aura.
The Reanimator: Will spawn more mobs around him each 5-12 seconds.

New update. It's not huge, but some fun prefixes have been added that mess with the player's velocity. They can be pretty strong, but are all nullified if the player just grapples onto something. Anyway, I haven't tried anything like this before, so let me know if you encounter any bugs with the new prefixes.

i had started a thread on the general mod discussion section regarding increased difficulties, but i could also ask you @Hiccup251 if you plan to add a side version or an option to increase the values or frequency of the prefixes/suffixes, resulting in a higher difficulty for players who use rpg mods with scaling or mods with stronger equipment resulting in a cotton candy moonlord

Edit: i actually like this mod, especially the magebane prefix in combination with Rockos ARPG (mage branch has a skill which changes all but 1 hp to mana and uses mana as "hp" instead)

i had started a thread on the general mod discussion section regarding increased difficulties, but i could also ask you @Hiccup251 if you plan to add a side version or an option to increase the values or frequency of the prefixes/suffixes, resulting in a higher difficulty for players who use rpg mods with scaling or mods with stronger equipment resulting in a cotton candy moonlord

Edit: i actually like this mod, especially the magebane prefix in combination with Rockos ARPG (mage branch has a skill which changes all but 1 hp to mana and uses mana as "hp" instead)
When I do the full release (meaning updates will become less frequent), I do plan to release low frequency and high frequency versions of the mod (-50% and ~+50-100% respectively). Until then, you are welcome to unpack the mod with tModReader, change the frequency code in gNPC.cs (all in SetDefaults()), and rebuild the mod for personal use.

When I do the full release (meaning updates will become less frequent), I do plan to release low frequency and high frequency versions of the mod (-50% and ~+50-100% respectively). Until then, you are welcome to unpack the mod with tModReader, change the frequency code in gNPC.cs (all in SetDefaults()), and rebuild the mod for personal use.
ohh thats some nice info, thanks for that.

I doubt they thought through this mod when it comes to bosses like BoC. He spawns so many Creepers that you'll get ones dealing 50ish damage to you with each it using ranged attacks that hit almost instantly. It's horribly overpowered, and I don't think I'll be using it in Expert again. :sigh:

I doubt they thought through this mod when it comes to bosses like BoC. He spawns so many Creepers that you'll get ones dealing 50ish damage to you with each it using ranged attacks that hit almost instantly. It's horribly overpowered, and I don't think I'll be using it in Expert again. :sigh:

Well, there's a reason this is still in the WIP category. I spend considerably more time coding and planning for the mod than playing with it in-game, so I rely on feedback from this thread to catch what I miss, especially concerning serious balance issues. I'll look into adding an exclusion from projectile prefixes for creepers in the next update.

Well, there's a reason this is still in the WIP category. I spend considerably more time coding and planning for the mod than playing with it in-game, so I rely on feedback from this thread to catch what I miss, especially concerning serious balance issues. I'll look into adding an exclusion from projectile prefixes for creepers in the next update.
I'm very glad to hear! And it does make sense it is in the WIP category. Sorry for pointing the blame, I was just too frustrated at Expert Mode. Thanks for the quick reply, as well!

I'm very glad to hear! And it does make sense it is in the WIP category. Sorry for pointing the blame, I was just too frustrated at Expert Mode. Thanks for the quick reply, as well!
Not a problem - the feedback was still useful, even if it was a bit accusatory :p
Please do come back and post any other issues you encounter.

this mod is getting better and better every time i use it, even though i still despise nullifier enemies, i reckon there doesnt even need to be that many more prefixes for enemies at the moment, maybe some balances, and possibly bonus drops or higher/lower drop rates from them now.

this mod is getting better and better every time i use it, even though i still despise nullifier enemies, i reckon there doesnt even need to be that many more prefixes for enemies at the moment, maybe some balances, and possibly bonus drops or higher/lower drop rates from them now.
That's good to hear, since my time has shifted mostly from adding prefixes to preparing for the loot update. I want to say it'll be ready for a beta release within the next couple weeks, but I have a few rather large papers and projects to do in that time frame. Anyway, the content is almost done and the framework is almost done, but ironing out bugs, getting the last few sprites I need, and pre-release balancing could all take longer than I expect. It's something to look forward to, anyway.

i wonder if its possible to set what prefixes items can have when dropped by enemies, if so you could make it so harder prefix enemies rare drops (like the UZI)
could have a higher chance to have a good prefix on them.

I've been playing with this mod + Rocko's ARPG mod(along with a couple dozen others...) and it's been quite an awesome experience. Thus far, though, I've noticed 2 issues.

1) Over 600 damage from 1 attack.

This is specifically from Death Laser. It just seems to do way too much damage on some of the higher end bosses. I remember summoning Twins at the start of hard mode and immediately keeling over before they even showed up. The Thunder God one is pretty rough as well, if a boss spawns with it.

2) Infinite Eater of Worlds.

Not sure what to say about this. I'm assuming the "Split" prefix is simply spawning an entirely new eater of worlds. This was hilarious when I was doing it with my decked out character. Not so funny on my first kill and I have ~500 fragments of the Eater of World chasing me down.

All in all, Awesome mod. I'm enjoying it immensely. The fact that it works on /other/ mod's mobs makes it all the better. If you're still adding to it, some interesting mods I could see spicing it up:

Spawn enemies (like the dungeon skulls) who fly at you and explode, inflicting a status ailment. 1 hp, spawn 1 / sec or something like that.

A ring around the enemy where everything inside takes meteorite damage( 5 damage per quarter second) - like Inferno Potion.

Similar to above, but can only take damage from enemies inside of the ring, instead of taking damage.

Cheers!

1) Over 600 damage from 1 attack.

This is specifically from Death Laser. It just seems to do way too much damage on some of the higher end bosses. I remember summoning Twins at the start of hard mode and immediately keeling over before they even showed up. The Thunder God one is pretty rough as well, if a boss spawns with it.
Hmm, not sure what to attribute this to. Projectile damage is always higher in-game than the value I assign it (most are set at or below the enemy damage, but always end up doing more) and I haven't figured out why that is. The good news is I can still change the damage, I just need to account for it being weird like that. I'm going to guess that this case of very high damage is due to the combination of these two mods, but I'll keep testing to see if there's a way to get the damage to stay where I want it.
Side note - all the suffixes make bosses much harder, but they're very rare. I personally feel that this makes it alright for them to roll on bosses (impromptu challenge), but some may feel that it instantly loses them the fight. I haven't received enough feedback on this to make a change.

2) Infinite Eater of Worlds.

Not sure what to say about this. I'm assuming the "Split" prefix is simply spawning an entirely new eater of worlds. This was hilarious when I was doing it with my decked out character. Not so funny on my first kill and I have ~500 fragments of the Eater of World chasing me down.

Oh man, I probably should have seen that coming when I added this prefix. EoW is weird because each time you split him, the new head is assigned prefixes. I'm not sure I should even have splitter available on bosses, but it's definitely no good on EoW. I'll exclude him next patch.

All in all, Awesome mod. I'm enjoying it immensely. The fact that it works on /other/ mod's mobs makes it all the better. If you're still adding to it, some interesting mods I could see spicing it up:

Spawn enemies (like the dungeon skulls) who fly at you and explode, inflicting a status ailment. 1 hp, spawn 1 / sec or something like that.

A ring around the enemy where everything inside takes meteorite damage( 5 damage per quarter second) - like Inferno Potion.

Similar to above, but can only take damage from enemies inside of the ring, instead of taking damage.

Cheers!

I haven't made use of the killable projectiles yet (like imp and dark caster attacks), but it would probably be good to add one or two like that. I'm not sure if there's a simple way to draw the inferno ring around NPCs, but the last two are also pretty good ideas.

Glad you're enjoying the mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom