tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Is this ready for multiplayer yet? My friends hate it for the sole reason that enemies glitch out on their screen, and they start to teleport far too frequently, sometimes even to myself, even though I'm the host. Then again, our games are rather heavily modded. As the host, I have 1000mbps download and 100 mbps upload. I have an FX 6300 OCed to 4.3GHz, and a GTX 970. I run the server on the same computer I play on. My friends are all in Europe while I'm in US-W, so ~170-210ms ping. Another important detail is that there are four people max on the server at any given time, including myself. Once I disabled this mod, they mainly had ping lag, rather than the constant lag. I don't see any way to convince them to let me re-enable the mod unless the issues are no longer prevalent.

Any suggestions to stop, or at least minimize the lag?

I spawned a Mimic in via Statue farming (XP grinds for another mod), and one of the mimics had the 'Splitter' prefix, which split into mimics that dropped the Mimic drops. Is this intentional or not?

I spawned a Mimic in via Statue farming (XP grinds for another mod), and one of the mimics had the 'Splitter' prefix, which split into mimics that dropped the Mimic drops. Is this intentional or not?
Probably not intentional, but also probably wasn't thought about when creating the prefixes.

I don't know if this bug has either been mentioned yet or is fixed, or even involves this mod at all as I played with other mods, but this seems like the most reliable fit.

After killing the Creepers from Brain of Cthulhu, it wouldn't go into it's second stage, and just stayed there to kill us.

Bug report for Multiplayer, when using scourge ring I get Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer, this also appears when a player joins the server.

Hey, I have suggestion on how to fix prefixes not being synced between players:

Have the mod create an int world based variable (like "is boss downed") with value zero during worldgen, increase it every time the world is loaded or a player joins, send the new value to all connected players and use it as seed for generating prefixes.

If this doesn't work because players would have a different number of mobs spawned making it desync, then also increase it every time a mob is spawned, not only when the world is loaded or a player joins.

What are your thoughts about this? Is it worth a shot?

I really want to use your mod in mutiplayer!...

Here goes a request: please have the items part be a different mod! It would be pretty much a stable release, which is important when running a multiplayer server for long.

By chance could someone tell me when the tokens change at what points of the game. Like i know at certain points the loot and tokens get better.

By chance could someone tell me when the tokens change at what points of the game. Like i know at certain points the loot and tokens get better.
On the main post, under "Extra Loot", you will see a tab for "How it Works", and in that tab, is another tab labeled "Tiers", which show when each tier is unlocked.

Whenever i try to consume a token,it wont work.Is there any way to fix this glitch/bug or is it with my mods im using currently?

At least the golem is easy...

oPyV9DR.jpg

So, is the OP going to be updated soon? Noticed some interesting new Blood Magic-type stuff, plus I just saw an "Actually-A-Penguin Zombie", not sure what that's about...

Sup, i cant seem to drop any Tokens at all. nor i saw any of the suffixes yet. All i saw are mini and huge mobs. i'm still using modloader 0.8.1.2 and the OP mod in version 1.1.2 cuz i'm playing with old mod's which will not work on the newest update. Is my PfE mod bugged? Im past Wall of Flesh now and 0 Tokens.

What the :red:. I just lost to the wall of flesh using post-mechanical bosses gear. Wait, sorry. the *four* Walls each one buffed to hell. Splitter Rare WoF at the start, followed by two toughs overlapping, then a cryophobic floating mouth wall of flesh. I filled up my entire inventory with one fight.

Fought calamitas, ones of his minions spawned with 7 million health...
it could barely damage me, but took half a night of nonstop spamming to kill. Every segment of segmented enemies get a different modifier, which is probably why this happened.
Craptonohp.png

Fought calamitas, ones of his minions spawned with 7 million health...
it could barely damage me, but took half a night of nonstop spamming to kill. Every segment of segmented enemies get a different modifier, which is probably why this happened.
View attachment 140963

Y'see, this is why I always run around with a Thorium Hex Wand, because it basically says, "oh, you're a modded boss / normal enemy and you've got stupid prefixes? Well bye now, you're a frog". It's actually quite balanced as well, because the frogs don't drop any loot.

Source: turned the Slime God into a frog by mistake, minions insta-gibbed the frog.

I signed up for an account on these forums just to say that this mod is amazing. This adds a very interesting dynamic to Terraria, and I hope to see more quality work like this from you!

Back
Top Bottom