tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

If you plan on expanding this, could you maybe add Diamond tokens for after or shortly before Ragnorok? Items that could be on-par with the sheer amazing power of the Ragnorok items?

Worst twins fight ever. Spazmatism had the rare modifier so he had 46000 health and Retinazer had launching. I had an arena in the desert, but a sandstorm came and I had to run around the world to kill it.
This is precisely why I love this mod. Random stuff like this just keeps the game fresh and interesting

Just posted an update. Struggled with a spawning bug for a while with OoA before deciding to remove them from the prefix list. It's not that I can't give them prefixes, but even checking whether they have a prefix just kills them instantly. Better to have them spawn normally without prefixes than not spawn at all, though.

Anyway, it's been so long since the last update that I don't really remember what bugs I dealt with and which ones are still around. I know I didn't work on any MP fixes. I also don't know what might have been fixed just by updating to 0.9.1.

I put some work into a new special prefix as well, but until I get NPC shaders working I won't implement it.

Dont get me wrong, I love this mod and all. But the new update introduced a new problem :sigh:

Just now, I have tried fighting moon lord. But I couldnt get him to spawn. After I disabled this mod, it worked again.

Maybe it is because of a combination with other mods? I dont know for sure. If needed I can give some information

Dont get me wrong, I love this mod and all. But the new update introduced a new problem :sigh:

Just now, I have tried fighting moon lord. But I couldnt get him to spawn. After I disabled this mod, it worked again.

Maybe it is because of a combination with other mods? I dont know for sure. If needed I can give some information
I'm sure this is another instance of the sudden issue that arose this version of tModloader, the same thing causing the OoA spawning issues and preventing several other enemies from spawning. I've pinpointed the "cause" (that is, the line of code causing the issue), but unfortunately it is impossible to remove or change, since the problematic line is required to check what prefixes an NPC has. For now, all I can do is prevent the problematic section from executing for affected NPCs, which will also prevent most prefix effects from taking place at all for those NPCs.

If anyone is looking to assist, a list of affected NPCs would allow me to push a hotfix that would at least let them spawn normally, if without functioning prefixes.

Edit: Doing more testing now. Hopefully I can find a solution.
Edit2: I might have done it.

Last edited:
Right now, all town NPCs can't spawn due to this mod (at least for me, that is) on a brand new world. It says a town NPC arrives but they never actually spawn (or if they do spawn, they despawn immediately). I can't even spawn in town NPCs using Cheat Sheet or external editors. It's frustrating because I really love this mod since it makes fighting mobs so much more enjoyable and varied.

Ok, I think I fixed it. Hotfix update published. I was wrong about the OoA bug being connected to the spawning bug, which threw me off the trail hard. A recent update (either tModloader V0.9.1 or the most recent official terraria update) seems to have changed something regarding how NPC targets are defined, which meant that an NPC without a target caused all sorts of problems. I've fixed it by allowing the target to be null when there is no target, and simply cutting the AI code before it gets to anything that requires a target. As a result, targetless NPCs (most notably nighttime creatures retreating during the day) will no longer do things like firing projectiles.

Please let me know if there are still spawning issues somewhere.

Hey! I don't know if it's THIS mod responsible, but i've got a bug going on where npcs won't spawn... I've got this, more prefixes (for items) and the Spirit mod enables, just those 3, and NPC's will 'arrive' but not 'spawn in the sense that I have a house set up and it says ______ the ______ has arrived! yet they never actually spawn into the game, in the sense that I've had 4 merchants arrive in the past 7 mins, yet no merchant is on the map....

Hey! I don't know if it's THIS mod responsible, but i've got a bug going on where npcs won't spawn... I've got this, more prefixes (for items) and the Spirit mod enables, just those 3, and NPC's will 'arrive' but not 'spawn in the sense that I have a house set up and it says ______ the ______ has arrived! yet they never actually spawn into the game, in the sense that I've had 4 merchants arrive in the past 7 mins, yet no merchant is on the map....
This issue should be fixed with version 1.2.1.2, Which went up about an hour ago.

Hey, i mix and match certian mods together and this is from fighting a Grealm boss called Folivine, it seems the size modifiers on its trappers or hooks has made it bug out, making the boss unable to move, this could also happen to the vanilla boss plantera tho i heard blacklisting might make the hooks immune to such modifiers, if it would help to look into this bug!

Thank you in advanced!

2017-03-07 (2).png

Hey, i mix and match certian mods together and this is from fighting a Grealm boss called Folivine, it seems the size modifiers on its trappers or hooks has made it bug out, making the boss unable to move, this could also happen to the vanilla boss plantera tho i heard blacklisting might make the hooks immune to such modifiers, if it would help to look into this bug!

Thank you in advanced!

View attachment 162016
which boss health bar do you use

Thank you in advanced!

View attachment 162016
I need at least need to know the display name for the NPCs that should be blacklisted, though internal name would be safer since I can check for it more precisely. Get me either and I'll blacklist the problematic ones.

Please, make config file for disabling some prefixes. Mirrored prefix is my most hated one. It ruins my ranged-only playthrough after beating Moon Lord.
I am not streaming or making YouTube videos, just solo playing.

Hey man, my friend and I have been playing modded terraria with about 30 mods (runs surprisingly well) and when we realized we were missing all of the new content from vanilla terraria we opted to keep this mod instead because of the cool diversity in enemies. Now there are no (foreseeable) problems and we can experience the whole game again. Thanks for persevering despite being in college and having a lack of time for what I assume is a hobby. \

I live in Iowa too, its cool to know there is a modder around here.

Back
Top Bottom