tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Hey I just wanted to drop by and say I am absolutely having a blast with your mod, and I hope you keep up the awesome work :D :D

Uhh... This update painted most NPC's green, except blue slimes (there may be others but I didn't check that far)

Uhh... This update painted most NPC's green, except blue slimes (there may be others but I didn't check that far)
Any other mods enabled? I had this bug myself while developing, but fixed it (at least for me) with the same change that fixed spawning issues. Just tested again here with only PfE enabled, no green NPCs.

Yeah, lots of them actually.
Gotta experiment with mod combinations, will report later.

-----
Edit: It's RPG Classes mod. Disabled everything except those two.

Last edited:
Do the Hollow Point Rounds retain their armor weakness when used with guns that convert bullets? Or do they basically become the best bullets ever?

Yeah, lots of them actually.
Gotta experiment with mod combinations, will report later.

-----
Edit: It's RPG Classes mod. Disabled everything except those two.
Hmm, I can't replicate it with those two, but it might be because my version of CB-RPG isn't exactly the same as the one one live. I'll trim the incomplete content and post an update today and see if that fixes it.

Edit: It's updated, see if that fixed it
Do the Hollow Point Rounds retain their armor weakness when used with guns that convert bullets? Or do they basically become the best bullets ever?
Oh, never thought about this. I suppose I should put some of the damage on the projectile itself rather than the item.

Last edited:
Edit: It's updated, see if that fixed it

Yep, it did. Thank you.
Back to enjoying your mods.

I kinda wonder (as a beginner code monkey), what sort of mod interaction caused that?
Also, a question/suggestion : is there a possibility to have separate mods for items and prefixes? I like both parts of this mod, but sometimes I'd prefer to have only one of them enabled.

I don't know if ranged modifiers were changed in your latest update, but after updating your mod I seem to be losing any speed modifier on ranged weapons after I reboot.

E.G., Unreal SDMG doesn't have the speed modifier:
sJOIur8.png

And after re-modifying it:
2zOqfAm.png

After reloading again, it shows the speed modifier until I shoot. I have no speed upgrade, and the modifier is lost. Any idea what's up?

EDIT:: It would appear reloading terraria isn't necessary. Simply exiting and re-entering the world causes this.

Yep, it did. Thank you.
Back to enjoying your mods.

I kinda wonder (as a beginner code monkey), what sort of mod interaction caused that?
Also, a question/suggestion : is there a possibility to have separate mods for items and prefixes? I like both parts of this mod, but sometimes I'd prefer to have only one of them enabled.
I might have left in some test shader code in the last release - there might simply be a conflict if more than one mod tries to mess with the hooks involved. That's only a guess, though, and I hope it's not the case, since shaders are awesome.

I've also recently considered trying to put out an items standalone, with most items just showing up in the traveling merchant's inventory unless they have a crafting recipe that could fit both thematically and practically (progression-wise). What I'd like to do as part of this is to implement some ore-tiered versions of basic gunblades and needles, since the code for them is really generalizable. For that, though, I need a spriter. In fact, I need a spriter for a lot of things I want to do right now.

Anyway, about a prefixes-only version, once I decide to sit down and rework the prefix assignment code to allow for a config file you'll just be able to disable "Rare" to get this effect. No comment on how long it'll take me to do this, though.

I don't know if ranged modifiers were changed in your latest update, but after updating your mod I seem to be losing any speed modifier on ranged weapons after I reboot.

E.G., Unreal SDMG doesn't have the speed modifier:
sJOIur8.png

And after re-modifying it:
2zOqfAm.png

After reloading again, it shows the speed modifier until I shoot. I have no speed upgrade, and the modifier is lost. Any idea what's up?

EDIT:: It would appear reloading terraria isn't necessary. Simply exiting and re-entering the world causes this.
That's... really weird. Are you sure it's this mod causing it? Nothing else enabled? The only thing that might have caused this on my end is the addition of an ItemInfo class for the needles, but I can't see how that would affect other items where it isn't used.
Edit: Reforged a handgun for both -speed and +speed modifiers, they remained after firing and after exiting/re-entering and firing some more.

Last edited:
bizarre.

I'll do a few things to test around, figure out what's going on. And no, I have a ton of other mods. Will need to create a cheat character for this one.

Also mirrored. REALLY ANNOYING to have a super powerful bullet slingshotted back at me killing me in two hits when it's firing at about 300rpm

Also mirrored. REALLY ANNOYING to have a super powerful bullet slingshotted back at me killing me in two hits when it's firing at about 300rpm
Ditto, I just recently started up with modded Terraria and I've gone through the whole list of available mods. This one is one of the best concepts since it adds variety and challenge within "species" of mobs. In line with that I'm really looking forward to the shaders Hiccup was talking about. However I just can't install it until I can turn off the parts I don't ever want to come across. I have nothing against the reflect mechanic, but it does way to much damage in the default game and needs to be reduced to 1/3rd. I'm not adding that or petrification to even more mobs in the game.

Do the dropped bomb act like vanilla bombs and destroy terrain? If so I'd shut that one off too.

Back
Top Bottom