tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Well, it's updated. Took a lot longer to do than expected, lots of changes had to be made, especially regarding how NPC names work (which is obviously important to this mod). I think I got everything working, but I haven't had time to extensively test everything. Who knows, the update might have fixed something that was being caused by issues with info classes. More likely, new bugs have been introduced - post those here.

When I downloaded and unpacked the last version to recover some lost files, I noticed that the thrown weapons I thought I added last time weren't there (needles), so those might have just been missing? Anyway, they should be in now.

KNOWN ISSUE: suffixes make the displayed name real weird. Prefixes were doing this too, and I managed to fix that, but suffixes are being more stubborn. Shouldn't affect gameplay.

So I have tried to use the updated one and I am having a very peculiar bug.

When I enable it all my NPC's go tiny and sort of float in the screen. As if they are in a different resolution to the rest of the game.

I am experiencing the same thing. This is due to the new 1.3.5 Zoom feature, and TGM1234's mods experienced the same issue when they updated. This is probably caused by the fun shader stuff with certain prefixes. Some of the posts near where I linked may lead you in the right direction for fixing this!

Anyway, I'm so happy to see you update this wonderful mod!

First, I am SO HAPPY this updated! But, here comes the "but"... If I enable this, all my big content mods throw errors, all referencing c:\users\Kenneth\etc etc etc (I could post the entire error here, but I don't think it's needed). Annnnd, my name isn't Kenneth. But this ONLY happens when I enable this, any ideas?

I am experiencing the same thing. This is due to the new 1.3.5 Zoom feature, and TGM1234's mods experienced the same issue when they updated. This is probably caused by the fun shader stuff with certain prefixes. Some of the posts near where I linked may lead you in the right direction for fixing this!

Anyway, I'm so happy to see you update this wonderful mod!
Looks like the easiest fix is to properly implement ShaderLib instead of just using old code from one of its early builds. Will have to figure out how to do that.

First, I am SO HAPPY this updated! But, here comes the "but"... If I enable this, all my big content mods throw errors, all referencing c:\users\Kenneth\etc etc etc (I could post the entire error here, but I don't think it's needed). Annnnd, my name isn't Kenneth. But this ONLY happens when I enable this, any ideas?
Do post the error, cropped screencap is best. I can't do anything without that.

hm, found this error while trying to load a bunch of mods, this seems to be between calamity and this mod.
fujjox

Edit: found another one with dylans mod? is there a conflicting npc or something?

Edit: I think it might be something conflicting so... gonna disable prefixes for now

Last edited:
hm, found this error while trying to load a bunch of mods, this seems to be between calamity and this mod.
fujjox

Edit: found another one with dylans mod? is there a conflicting npc or something?

Edit: I think it might be something conflicting so... gonna disable prefixes for now
The image still hasn't loaded on this end, but it's probably the long-standing conflict with NPCs that clone parameters from a vanilla NPC in their SetDefaults. Don't think there's anything I can do to fix it while keeping mod functionality, but the NPCs causing the issue can be fixed if the parameters they're cloning are set individually instead.

This is one of the errors I get when loading a content mod with Prefixes enabled (Not sure which mod it was, "Spirit", "Furniture, Food, and Fun", "Calamity", "Tremor", and "Thorium" all spit a similar error. I'm not the only one experiencing this, which is why I'm posting here. I know it doesn't mention this mod in the errors, but it's ONLY when Prefixes is enabled, that this is happening to people

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

This is one of the errors I get when loading a content mod with Prefixes enabled (Not sure which mod it was, "Spirit", "Furniture, Food, and Fun", "Calamity", "Tremor", and "Thorium" all spit a similar error. I'm not the only one experiencing this, which is why I'm posting here. I know it doesn't mention this mod in the errors, but it's ONLY when Prefixes is enabled, that this is happening to people

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
See my above comment, and the discussion regarding this here.
Looks like there a lot more mods now using the CloneDefaults() method for NPCs now, unfortunately.

Okay, gotcha. This mod is so good though, I like the unique weaponry. I'll build a new run around this, with mods that won't flake out.

Again, thanks for updating this!

I can check them out, still in the middle of a run now. I'm itching to do this though, lol. I'll hurry up with my current run, so I can start this

While I really enjoy this mod, I wish Bosses would have their own set of prefixes that wouldn't end up breaking the boss fight (looking at you, Splitter).

Damn, I was so happy to finally see this fantastic, must-have for me mod updated, but incompatibility of it with Thorium and Calamity is such a sad thing. I hope @blushiemagic and @jopojelly can help out with this bug seeing that it allegedly can't be fixed without some changed make to tModLoader itself.

Last edited:
While I really enjoy this mod, I wish Bosses would have their own set of prefixes that wouldn't end up breaking the boss fight (looking at you, Splitter).
lol no i love when it does that, my nephew always freaks out when it happens.

Oh, and can you fix the problem with the compatibility by yourself or do you have to wait for it to get patched?

Last edited:
I love this mod to death, and I am incredibly sad that it is incompatible with the big content mods in the most recent updates. I will be keeping an ear to ground for any new posts here, and am considering putting off my playthrough until there is compatibility with either Tremor or Thorium.

There is "Enemy modifiers" mod which does same thing, and it is compatible with tremor, thorium and calamity. But too bad that "Enemy modifiers" mod affects only base enemy stats (like speed, defence, attack, knockback, size). I would really like to install your mod instead, waiting for the fixes for tremor, thorium and calamity.

Back
Top Bottom