tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

This is an incredible step forward, thank you!
When you have the time, would you mind listing off the mod set you're playing with? I've got a bit of spare time on my hands over the next few days so I might be able to isolate the Mod that's fixing the error. Once we find the particular mod, all we need to do is figure out WHY it fixes the error, and then use that information to create a sub-mod that functions purely as a band-aid for the fix.

(Obligatory post 1000 hype!!)

Post 1000 hype!

Anyway, back to the real thing here. I've done two complete playthroughs (and I've started one just recently) with Prefixes for Enemies enabled in all of them and I haven't had any issues with the mod whatsoever. I'll be listing all of those three modlists juuust in case.

I did also start a multiplayer playthrough with a friend soon after starting my third modded playthrough. The interesting thing about that mod list is.. Prefixes for Enemies doesn't work with it. Prefixes for Enemies works with the other three modlists I've provided.
If I remove the mods I have in my multiplayer playthrough from my first singleplayer playthrough, we would get this modlist
After testing that last modlist with Prefixes for Enemies.. The game loads completely fine. No Kenneth Error. One of the mods in that list must be the fix we've been looking for.

EDIT: from my current singleplayer playthrough, switched current to first

BIG UPDATE(?): I kept doing my tests after originally making this comment/post and I've managed to find out something. I did a large variety of tests very quickly and every single time I disabled Cheat Sheet from the modlist, I got the dreaded Kenneth Error. As long as I kept Cheat Sheet enabled at all times in the modlist, I did NOT get the Kenneth Error.

Which means, having Cheat Sheet fixes the Kenneth Error with Prefixes for Enemies? I would have never guessed.

Last edited:
BIG UPDATE(?): I kept doing my tests after originally making this comment/post and I've managed to find out something. I did a large variety of tests very quickly and every single time I disabled Cheat Sheet from the modlist, I got the dreaded Kenneth Error. As long as I kept Cheat Sheet enabled at all times in the modlist, I did NOT get the Kenneth Error.

Which means, having Cheat Sheet fixes the Kenneth Error with Prefixes for Enemies? I would have never guessed.

Can confirm my modlist now loads fine with Prefixes for Enemies after downloading and also enabling Cheat Sheet! I'd been holding off playing until it was working since tModLoader updated to the new Terraria version and forgot about it until just now. Imagine my surprise when there's not only a potential bandaid fix, but that it also works!
Thank you for spending your time narrowing things down!

Post 1000 hype!

Anyway, back to the real thing here. I've done two complete playthroughs (and I've started one just recently) with Prefixes for Enemies enabled in all of them and I haven't had any issues with the mod whatsoever. I'll be listing all of those three modlists juuust in case.

I did also start a multiplayer playthrough with a friend soon after starting my third modded playthrough. The interesting thing about that mod list is.. Prefixes for Enemies doesn't work with it. Prefixes for Enemies works with the other three modlists I've provided.
If I remove the mods I have in my multiplayer playthrough from my first singleplayer playthrough, we would get this modlist
After testing that last modlist with Prefixes for Enemies.. The game loads completely fine. No Kenneth Error. One of the mods in that list must be the fix we've been looking for.

EDIT: from my current singleplayer playthrough, switched current to first

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PVi3fUh67VsCQ/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/j49wAEYRmXcJ2/giphy.gif

IT WORKS!!

b-but whai tho.

Out of all the mods in the entire tModLoader community, can anyone think of any idea as to WHY Cheat Sheet would fix this???
I-i-i'm genuinely baffled by this, what could possibly??
We know that the error itself is because something sort of short circuits when the game- or tModLoader- tries to load something enemy NPC related during the initializing phase of a reboot.
We know that staying on screen while doing a bunch of other workarounds temporarily bypasses the error.
We know that running Cheat Sheet in conjunction with Prefixes for Enemies completely stops the error from occurring.
SO WHAT CAUSES THIS MADNESS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Honestly, I'm like 2 seconds away from making a new profile on my computer named Kenneth and just seeing how badly it breaks (fixes?) things.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PVi3fUh67VsCQ/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/j49wAEYRmXcJ2/giphy.gif

IT WORKS!!

b-but whai tho.

Out of all the mods in the entire tModLoader community, can anyone think of any idea as to WHY Cheat Sheet would fix this???
I-i-i'm genuinely baffled by this, what could possibly??
We know that the error itself is because something sort of short circuits when the game- or tModLoader- tries to load something enemy NPC related during the initializing phase of a reboot.
We know that staying on screen while doing a bunch of other workarounds temporarily bypasses the error.
We know that running Cheat Sheet in conjunction with Prefixes for Enemies completely stops the error from occurring.
SO WHAT CAUSES THIS MADNESS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Honestly, I'm like 2 seconds away from making a new profile on my computer named Kenneth and just seeing how badly it breaks (fixes?) things.

So you're as confused as I am after I found out the working workaround (working workaround.. sounds funny, doesn't it?) At least we managed to find one though, that's great news.

I still don't understand what Cheat Sheet exactly does to get rid of the Kenneth Error. Kenneth Error said something line 70, didn't it? If we could take a look at the source code maybe we could find something. Unfortunately my usefulness will completely disappear right here as I don't know anything about C# or coding. I would definitely like to learn it (some time) however.

I think I know how to fix the error. From jopojelly's help on my own mod. Go into your ModPlayer and look in your public override void Initialize(). Do you have any Main.rand.Next? If so, do 'using Terraria.Utilities;' and after initialize add 'UnifiedRandom rand = new UnifiedRandom();' and then take away 'Main.' so it is just 'rand.Next'. This fixed all my mods, and I hope it helps you. All praise to jopojelly.

I think I know how to fix the error. From jopojelly's help on my own mod. Go into your ModPlayer and look in your public override void Initialize(). Do you have any Main.rand.Next? If so, do 'using Terraria.Utilities;' and after initialize add 'UnifiedRandom rand = new UnifiedRandom();' and then take away 'Main.' so it is just 'rand.Next'. This fixed all my mods, and I hope it helps you. All praise to jopojelly.

I'll test this once I get home. I'll let you know if this fixes it for me as well

seeing as users still continue reporting that the mod browser and the link in the first thread are "still broken" here it is for modloader 10.0.2 even works in 10.1, until jofraiden and hiccup251 upload one more recent for 10.1.

Attachments

• EnemyMods.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:
seeing as users still continue reporting that the mod browser and the link in the first thread are "still broken" here it is for modloader 10.0.2 even works in 10.1, until jofraiden and hiccup251 upload one more recent for 10.1.
huh. it works. thx. WWOFJDKJAISDJLADSALDAJW WOOP WOOP.

size changes don't work on king slime
[doublepost=1504892058,1504891549][/doublepost]Thanks to this mod i got a new profile pic......

The download link gives me a notepad and not a proper mod file.
It doesn't work.
[doublepost=1504899723,1504899651][/doublepost]Nevermind. For some reasoning opening it with WinRAR gave me the proper file.

bject reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

doesn't work with thorium?

Back
Top Bottom