tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

i tryed this mod on multiplayer it works but in a funny way

server has its own idea what the names and effects are gona be and so does client

example1:
Tough blue slime (this is what server se)
Burning blue slime (this is what player1 se)
Big blue slime (this is what player2 se)

with example1:
if player1 is hit by this slime he is set on fire and damage
if player2 is hit by this slime only damage is done
server side with Tough has no effect at all

example2:
Party Animal blue slime (this is what server se)
Flammable blue slime (this is what player1 se)
Enduring blue slime (this is what player2 se)

with example2:
if player1 hits this slime with fire no extra damage is done
if player2 hits this slime he does less damage as hes client has Enduring
server side shots confetti at all players

example3:
blue slime (this is what server se)
Miniature blue slime (this is what player1 se)
Colossal blue slime (this is what player2 se)

with example3:
if player1 se really small slime moveing fast
if player2 se really big slime moveing slow
server side when a player hits this slime that client is updated to where slimes is ment to be

rare blue slime
only if server has the rare prefix will it trop tokens
clients wont get any tokens from a client rare blue slime has to be server side prefix

here in my room playing tmodloader but do you know what i like more than playing tmodloader?
KNOWLEDGE!!

200_s.gif
:D

I officially have a cool story with this mod...
So, You know the useful (and occasionally probably bothersome) prefix by the name of Splitter?
Well, I got that....

8Esqs3f.png

On a Bound NPC
So, I also found this Salamander nearby, And killed the goblin with it... Releasing the hell-- I mean, Splitting the Goblin...

JPivhl5.png

Into FOUR Goblins
FOUR, GOBLINS

Now, This WOULD likely be considered a thing one wouldn't want, But it's a pretty cool thing to finally run into (And I honestly am fine with running into it)

I officially have a cool story with this mod...
So, You know the useful (and occasionally probably bothersome) prefix by the name of Splitter?
Well, I got that....

8Esqs3f.png

On a Bound NPC
So, I also found this Salamander nearby, And killed the goblin with it... Releasing the hell-- I mean, Splitting the Goblin...

JPivhl5.png

Into FOUR Goblins
FOUR, GOBLINS

Now, This WOULD likely be considered a thing one wouldn't want, But it's a pretty cool thing to finally run into (And I honestly am fine with running into it)
neat xD especially for Multiplayer servers

Hi everyone, it's been a while so I figured I'd post an update.

I've been very busy the past few weeks working on final projects and studying for final exams. That's all done now, so I can finally get back to work on this mod.
There are some placeholder sprites that need to be added, and bugs to be fixed, before I can upload the next patch, but it's safe to expect an update within a week. If anyone's discovered any issues that have yet to be posted, please let me know.

It would be really cool if you could do a separate version that's exactly the same only all bosses have "the immortal" suffix, as well as the usual chance for others, to add to the challenge!

New update up, should fix bound/sleeping town NPCs getting prefixes and some other small things. Hard to note everything because most of the work for this happened a few weeks ago before I got super busy.

There's a new magic ring included with this: Soul Well. It requires some use of terrain, since it's pretty much worthless if it never collides with a solid block. Let me know what you think of this one.

hey hiccup will you add some sommuner &/or thorower weapons for the tokens?

There will be summoner gear for sure. Less likely that I'll add throwing items, since I have no ideas for anything different enough from what other mods add already. If anything, they probably won't be added s a complete class of items, just some consumables to round out tiers.

You typed two 2s in the Deep Scourge "code" (I think thats what its called).
1b95b52579.jpg

Tooltip says its supposed to have two charges.

Back
Top Bottom