PC Preparing for the pumpkin moon

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
I'm preparing for the pumpkin moon, but I decided to ask for advice here because the "guide" on the wiki isn't really any more than a few sentences long and I still don't know if my gear is good enough and if there's any strategies I should use.

I'm using a wide arena, and except for a small "island" in the middle. Then I have a lihzahrd trap system with a total of 97 spike ball traps, 12 spear traps, 2 flame traps, and 26 lihzahrd dart traps, so all the monsters are getting burnt by lava while getting destroyed by traps. My only concerns as of now are mourning woods and pumpkings. Mourning woods take a while to kill, and I wonder if it's too long, where I night might end before I finish the event. Pumpkings however kill me quickly. At the time I was equipped with hallowed armor, and used a Terra Blade. I also had 1 heart and 1 star stature above me within short flying range around where I planned to fight pumpkin.

Now I'm wondering if I'm ready to take him on again. I have a deadly terra blade, the same old lihzahrd torture trap, beetle armor, and a piranha gun. I decided the piranha gun would work good against the mourning woods, and my beetle armor would be of great use against pumpking with my terra blade. I also have an Intimidating megashark, however I don't think I should use it because I feel like my terra blade can do a lot more damage, and pumpkings are huge so I wouldn't need to use chlorophyte bullets or anything.

Also the first time I tried the pumpkin moon it was by trying to put the medallion in a chest but accidentally summoning in like 2/5 of the way through the night.

So am I ready?

This is a good setup. Give it a go, you'll get better weapons that will make it easier to get to the Final Wave.

Back
Top Bottom