Items Prestige / Upgrades in Terraria

Should Prestige be added to Terraria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RafaelHydra

Skeletron Prime
Lots of people have gone really far and defeated Moon Lord already, but what if there was a way to beat more than the Moon Lord? What if there was a way to get even further? Well, Prestige should do the trick.

My version of Prestige in Terraria is slightly different from what you're used to. Basically, when you defeat the Moon Lord in your world, he will drop an item called the Cosmic Vortex. When you use that item, your world will (fictionally) time warp 10 years to the future. In that 'future', technology improvements (fictional as well) have allowed everything to grow and evolve: Your weapons, character and NPC's get a 5% Stat Increase every time you prestige.

However, some limits have to be drawn, so any kind of creature (hostile, neutral and ally) will get a 10% Stat Increase. Not so fair now, huh? However, to avoid getting any high level prestige worlds in a few hours, there are a few things that are bound to happen: (I haven't decided anything because some changes may be too drastic)

Note: Base level is prestige 0, Max level is prestige 10, so any Weapon / Character / NPC will have 150% of its original stats, and any creature will have 200% of its original stats, both on prestige level 10.

Possible options:

Items:
  1. You will keep all your items and they will instantly upgrade when you prestige [Any upgraded item will have a +(Prestige Level) 'modifier' behind their name].
  2. You will keep all your items, but you must upgrade them in the Goblin Tinkerer for a price [Limit is based on world's prestige level / Any upgraded item will have a +(Prestige Level) 'modifier' behind their name].
  3. You will start with the basic items [Copper items / Sword - Pickaxe - Axe], but they are already upgraded based on new world's prestige level.
  4. You will start with the basic items [Copper items / Sword - Pickaxe - Axe], just like when starting a new character.
Buildings and World:
  1. Everything will be intact, like: Pots destroyed, chests, blocks placed, ...
  2. Everything will be reset, but the world will be the same.
  3. Everything will be reset, and you will spawn in a new world.
Note: These are the main things supposed to happen, a few other minor changes can happen.

Let's do a quick resume (This is the answer I gave to LunaticNeko):
I know it seems hard for you to understand, but here is a quick resume: You have a character and a world, you evolve, you grow, you kill bosses and monsters, and get to the Moon Lord. You kill him, and you get a Cosmic Vortex. You use one and be all like: Oh yeah, I got a bonus! You realize monsters are stronger, but you keep doing it to see how far you can get (If you haven't read this post), then get to Prestige 10 when not even Megashark can kill Skeletron, and then you must create a new world and regret the time you spent on that world and the usage of the Cosmic Vortex. That's why lots of people don't agree with the Prestige system.

What about multiplayer? Well, here's what I have in mind: Multiplayer Worlds will also have prestige. When the Moon Lord is defeated, it will drop only ONE Cosmic Vortex. Whoever gets it may use depending on the settings i'll talk about later. There are a few settings that determine the power of prestiging, for example: Base prestige level, prestige level lock, ...

Multiplayer settings:
  • prestigeplayerloot - If set to 0, no one can catch the Cosmic Vortex, if set to 1, everyone can catch it, if set to 2, only operators / admins can use it, if set to 3, only players can use it. [Base is 1]
  • prestigeplayeruse - If set to 0, no one can use the Cosmic Vortex, if set to 1, everyone can use it, if set to 2, only operators / admins can use it, if set to 3, only players can use it. [Base is 1]
  • prestigelevelbase - Set the number of the prestige level on the multiplayer world, base is 0, max is 10 [if set to higher than 10, it will automatically be set to 0]. [Base is 0]
  • prestigelocklevel - If set to 0, anyone is allowed to use the Cosmic Vortex, if set to 1, no one is allowed to use the Cosmic Vortex, even if you / they have it [This setting has priority over the prestigeplayeruse setting]. [Base is 0]
  • prestigeupgrades - If set to 0, you can't upgrade your weapons on the Goblin Tinkerer, if set to 1, you can, as long as your world has prestige level higher than the level of the weapon you're upgrading, if set to 2, you can upgrade your weapon no matter wich prestige level your world is on. [Base is 1]
  • prestigeitempercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the item stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 5]
  • prestigecharacterpercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the character stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 5]
  • prestigenpcpercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the NPC stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 5]
  • prestigeallypercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the Friendly creatures' stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 10]
  • prestigeneutralpercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the Neutral creatures' stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 10]
  • prestigehostilepercent - Set the number of how much % do you want the Hostile creatures' stats to be increased each prestige level. [Base is 10]
  • prestigeitem - Set the number based on the options you see above for the items. 1 for the first option, 2 for the second, etc...
  • prestigeworld - Set the number based on the options you see above for the worlds. 1 for first option, 2 fo the second, etc...
Note: All of the base settings shown above are the recommended LAN game. Fell free to change them if you want / need to.

That is all I can think of, if you have any questions / suggestions, reply to this post or PM me. Also, reply or PM if you see any mistakes

If the Re-Logic Development Team is planning to add this to the game, if possible, please add a setting.txt file inside the Singleplayer world folder with all the multiplayer settings shown above, except for prestigeplayerloot and prestigeplayeruse, so you can make even more 'custom' maps :3

Thank you for reading, -RafaelHydra

Last edited:
Thats not the point of the game; it simply wouldn't be Terraria anymore.
Well, 1 of the words in the Terraria slogan is Fight, so wouldn't it be nice if we got a little bit more than that? It's what makes the game progress. Don't take this serious, I would like to see Terraria with a bit more of weapon customizations

Well, 1 of the words in the Terraria slogan is Fight, so wouldn't it be nice if we got a little bit more than that? It's what makes the game progress. Don't take this serious, I would like to see Terraria with a bit more of weapon customizations
Terraria was made without this in mind and probably will never be. You could always make a new character and world.

Terraria was made without this in mind and probably will never be. You could always make a new character and world.
I mean... Yeah, but what if we want to go super late game? You just defeat the Moon Lord... Then what? Build? I have always had a lot of excitement fighting Bosses, and I want to know that there is more to do than just build, take a look at my mansion: (Still building)

Attachments

• Capture 2015-07-24 20_21_03.png
    Capture 2015-07-24 20_21_03.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 223
I mean... Yeah, but what if we want to go super late game? You just defeat the Moon Lord... Then what? Build? I have always had a lot of excitement fighting Bosses, and I want to know that there is more to do than just build, take a look at my mansion: (Still building)
I dunno, do more boss fights? It's always fun to beat the bosses as fast as crap.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437794450,1437794410][/DOUBLEPOST]This should also be in the Mechanics area.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437794469][/DOUBLEPOST]Look at the No. votes too.

I dunno, do more boss fights? It's always fun to beat the bosses as fast as crap.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437794450,1437794410][/DOUBLEPOST]This should also be in the Mechanics area.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437794469][/DOUBLEPOST]Look at the No. votes too.
I know, I first thought it was going to be only about items, but then I added all those stuff. Still, wouldn't you like to see a Prestige Level 10 Chain Gun with Chlorophyte Bullets beating the heck out of Plantera?

I know, I first thought it was going to be only about items, but then I added all those stuff. Still, wouldn't you like to see a Prestige Level 10 Chain Gun with Chlorophyte Bullets beating the heck out of Plantera?
We already can kill the Destroyer as fast as crap, I think making it even faster would be unnecessary. Also, I think you missed the memo, friend.

We already can kill the Destroyer as fast as crap, I think making it even faster would be unnecessary. Also, I think you missed the memo, friend.
I said PLANTERA and I don't know what the heck is a memo. It would be cool to kill it faster, we could have more world records.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437841478,1437841236][/DOUBLEPOST]
This completely breaks the point of the sandbox element.
Still, what if this was just a mod and not a feature? One or two would like to try it out, I think.

Sounds like a good mod to me. :)
Thank you for your support! Never thought I'd get positive attention with Redstone here, no offense to him/her, he/she is a great forum member trying to state an opinion. Thanks to both for replying, especially you, Leinfors!

I honestly just dont know what to say about this. Im more of a sandbox guy, but I kinda support and dont at the same time. So for now: ???

Back
Top Bottom