Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Greetings Terrarians! I'm Kat and I'm sharing this absolutely hilarious bug I came across while playing Terraria one day.

Me and my friends were in a voice call and I was streaming Terraria, one of my friends said Web Slinger was the worst hook in the game, despite it getting recently buffed, so I went to craft a Sapphire Hook to show them(Web Slinger is slightly better than Sapphire Hook in terms of reach), all of a sudden my game had a lag spike and... I crafted 2 gem hooks stacked on each other?? I just find this bug so funny, I doubt it can be fixed since it was caused by a lag spike.

Anyway, bow down to your god the 2 stacked Sapphire Hook that shouldn't exist!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 11.48.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 11.48.29 AM.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Lol.png
    Lol.png
    628.3 KB · Views: 72
Greetings Terrarians! I'm Kat and I'm sharing this absolutely hilarious bug I came across while playing Terraria one day.

Me and my friends were in a voice call and I was streaming Terraria, one of my friends said Web Slinger was the worst hook in the game, despite it getting recently buffed, so I went to craft a Sapphire Hook to show them(Web Slinger is slightly better than Sapphire Hook in terms of reach), all of a sudden my game had a lag spike and... I crafted 2 gem hooks stacked on each other?? I just find this bug so funny, I doubt it can be fixed since it was caused by a lag spike.

Anyway, bow down to your god the 2 stacked Sapphire Hook that shouldn't exist!
if only you could equip both of them at the same time, it'd be a dual hook but better!

the crafting code itself actually ignores item max stacks and just increases your item stack by one, but all places where this is called check the item max stack beforehand
and normally in single threaded code no lag spike could cause any issues like this, so my bet is on funny mods

the crafting code itself actually ignores item max stacks and just increases your item stack by one, but all places where this is called check the item max stack beforehand
and normally in single threaded code no lag spike could cause any issues like this, so my bet is on funny mods
That's the funny part, this happened in vanilla!

again, the game will simply not allow this, so this is at the very least not a bug within the game, which is supported by there not being any other reports of this kind in 1.4

again, the game will simply not allow this, so this is at the very least not a bug within the game, which is supported by there not being any other reports of this kind in 1.4
That makes no sense because this was vanilla, and I tested it out a bunch... and sure enough... there were 2 hooks, I could even equip them

- exaggerating how "funny" it is to grab attention
- preemptively saying it "probably can't be fixed" so you remain in the right even if no fix is made for this
- ignoring that this is not possible without bit flips or mods
seems suspicious to me

- exaggerating how "funny" it is to grab attention
- preemptively saying it "probably can't be fixed" so you remain in the right even if no fix is made for this
- ignoring that this is not possible without bit flips or mods
seems suspicious to me
Look, I understand the fact it seems suspicious, but it literally did happen while I was streaming Terraria on Discord, a lag spike happened and somehow 2 of them were stacked on each other, I have friends to back this up as well, it was weirdest thing ever and the reason I say it's not possible to fix is because it was caused by a lag spike, you say the code won't allow

BUT IT HAPPENED

HOW CAN IT HAPPEN IF THE CODE WON'T ALLOW IT????????

Seriously though, I don't understand your logic, I can't even send the character file because
1. It wouldn't prove anything, as the same thing can be done via Terrasavr(which I had no clue at the time)
2. I deleted the character forgetting that she had the 2 Sapphire Hooks, as that playthrough was pretty miserable and I didn't want to finish it

I'm really not trying to do this for attention and thought it was a pretty funny glitch caused by a lag spike

Back
Top Bottom