Problems with making Chainmail Armour textures

AquaSuper

Terrarian
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with loading the body section of my armour set, I have properly named the asset as both helmet and leggings work, although the body section has not updated after enabling the texture pack, am I missing something? Here's a list of the assets I have changed:
  • Armor_Arm_4
  • Armor_Body_4
  • Armor_Head_4 (Male) & Armor_Head_73 (Female)
  • Armor_Legs_4
These are the internal names for the Gold armour set
the spritesheet dimensions for all these are: 40 x 1120
These files are all named as .png as it is easier to work with & Terraria is able to read it

It is strange as both Head and Legs section of the texture pack displays properly, however, the body armour is the only one that does not work, what should I do to fix this?
if you need more information, I will try my best to provide it

Edit: Thank you all for trying to help out! I solved it, they recently changed the formatting of the armours, meaning my old spritesheet was invalid, special thanks to
Mr Ribbon Eel for informing me of this

Last edited:
Are you missing the female or male version of the body? That might be a problem
I thought that might be the case, I completely forgot about the female variant, so I went to fix that, after I made it, I tested it out in terraria, and it still didn't work

Last edited:
I think they changed how armor images work, they use a different way that is easier to edit but it messed up some older texture packs.
Would you happen to know of any videos or tutorials I could follow? I've been searching for a while although many videos only display how to change the item's inventory icon

Back
Top Bottom