Problems With NPC Happiness

Are You a Fan of NPC Happiness?

• Total voters

VulcanicCloud

Terrarian
1.4 Gave us a ton of amazing additions to the game. We also got a new system for NPCs. NPCs now have a happiness system, and if you want to have cheaper prices, you are basically forced to create homes throughout the entire world, in each biome. When the NPCs have high happiness you are able to use teleportation crystals to travel across the entire map. This is awesome, it's something I'm pretty sure we all were waiting for. The problem is that now you are discouraged to make an enormous build, like a giant castle or a huge town. Cause now if you have all your NPCs in one area, all the prices are jacked up, and it just feels unnecessary, especially before hardmode. Now you need to find what specific NPCs like or dislike each other, what biomes they are fond of, it just becomes a hassle. I understand that Re-Logic doesn't want people to just build a bland tower of homes. Encouraging players to build across the map also gives you more motivation to improve the entire map, as well as remove the Crimson/Corruption. But I would really like them to add an option where you can switch this feature on or off. Either that, or just simply have NPCs happiness deal with something else. Being able to teleport throughout the whole world is already a major bonus if you build homes separately.
You should be able to either have one giant town build, making it easy to get to NPCs, but harder to travel throughout the map. Or make it a little more time consuming to get to the NPC you want, but be able to traverse the world with ease.

if you look in the beastiary it makes it pretty obvious and if you check their happiness they tell you who they don't like
and how does it discourage castles? it just makes it more empty

Back
Top Bottom