Items Problems with ore progression

Techno Mancer

Brain of Cthulhu
Hello, and welcome to the 501st thread, not the 500th. *:sigh:* Anyways, I think their should be some sort of ore progression. It's super easy to skip copper and easy to skip iron right to silver. Maybe there should be a restriction, something like disabling the ability to mine silver and gold with a copper pick, making you get iron at least. Also, gold can be skipped by shadow armor. So, I guess that's it if I can't think of any other way to end this thread

There really isn't much progression needed for the first few segments of ores. You can actually skip right to Gold/Platinum if you wanted to, usually driving for a gold pickaxe first and then dealing with armor is a way of going about it. There is also the opportunity to get the Zombie Arm as a weapon which if you are lucky is powerful as it is on Legendary prefix. After that, I feel as if you are forced to go through the progression of hardmode ores.

I only end up progressing up to Iron Armor and Gold Sword/Bow before I get the Heart Crystals required for the EoC to spawn and I just roll on from there. Ironskin and Regen are such lifesavers in the battle.

My main question to the TC, what's wrong with people being able to skip early ore tiers? The differences they have between one another are barely perceptible after you get pass a couple of bosses.

I don't like this idea. It reminds me of the old stable release of Starbound where to upgrade your pickaxe you had to get a certain amount of stuff of a completely separate ore. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of ore progression like this. Plus, I'm bound to move on from a copper pick most of the time due to not wanting the -1 range.

No. Sure you want to enjoy great moments, but some people just want to get over to what they want (Goblin Army, Skeletron, e.t.c).

Also, seeing as this looks like a suggestion, you posted this in the wrong section

No. Ore tier restrictions are for Hardmode only, because it's Hard mode. We don't need anything like this before then any more than we already have it.

Back
Top Bottom