Profile Post Character Limit Enforcer or Counter

TheSquishyDitto

Terrarian
I really love a lot of things about these forums as they are now because it's so gorgeous and shiny, but for a wordy fellow such as myself I recently found myself frustrated trying to trim a profile message down to the allotted 420 characters, since before attempting to send the message I saw no obvious indication of a character limit. This resulted in me repeatedly struggling to cut down my message's content, hitting the Send button, receiving the error message about the message's length, rinse, lather, and repeat for a good five minutes.

Either a character counter that displays how many you have left like they have on imgur comments or a coded limit where the input box stops accepting more characters once you've hit the cap (or both) would be appreciated! :)

Edit: This is about replying to profile posts! I apologize for the confusion. ^^;

Last edited:
On the PC I can see a character limit on profile posts... Is that what you mean?

What theme are you using? I see the character limit for the posts but that's at 140, are you taking about for comments on posts?

On the PC I can see a character limit on profile posts... Is that what you mean?
What theme are you using? I see the character limit for the posts but that's at 140, are you taking about for comments on posts?
When replying to a profile post, rather. Underground theme if it helps any. If the character limit counter is there when replying to a profile post, its location wasn't obvious to me. Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

On Terraria Online, a user named Chokladkakan made a plugin for Chrome called Augmented TO that included this as a feature. Perhaps he'd be willing to adapt it, or even re-design it as a XF add-on, if bribed :]

Total support, but I guess for now we can use a character counter when we're typing up long posts, so we know how much to shorten them or where to split off for a second post.

Back
Top Bottom