Items Programmable Dummy

aWolfen

Terrarian
Hey everyone.
Out of sheer boredom and being a total data-hog, I decided to think up something that might help those Terrarians looking to get out as much DPS as possible.

I call it the Programmable Dummy, and it's exactly what it sounds like.
A Target Dummy that you can program, so the damage done to it coincides with its settings.
How it works is, once you craft it, it can be placed and attacked like any normal dummy.
Right-clicking on it will bring up a menu showing the setting you can adjust.

Dummy Settings:
  • Defense (Since your standard Dummy has a base of 0). Can be from 0-9999, AKA Dungeon Guardian
  • Active Debuffs (Which damage-dealing debuffs can affect the dummy)
  • Marked as Hostile - A checkbox that allows the dummy to be considered a mob, and therefor can be auto-targeted by summons and such. (Recommended to keep Dummy away from NPCs, as they will also probably try to attack it and invalidate your data.)
That's all the settings I can come up with, for now. If you have any ideas feel free to post them.
The main idea is to test how much damage you'll be doing, since not every enemy you face in the game will have 0 Defense and can be susceptible to all the debuffs. Especially late-game, where the average defense for an enemy is at least 20-30.

As for crafting goes, I was thinking about 200 wire and some form of metal as the housing, and crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop,

I think that's all I have to say for now. Let me know what you guys think.

I'd definitely like to see this in game. Nice suggestion.

Also, not that this needed sprites or anything, but I whipped these up anyway for the same reason that this thread was created: Boredom.
Cyber-Dummies.png
<<Hostile version
And a variant that's supposed to look like they're floating.
Cyber-Dummies float.png

Ah, sweet. Thanks.
Much appreciated.

I'd edit it into the OP if I could, but my lack-of-a-computer situation makes that almost impossible.
I added all my sprites on a phone. That being said you'll get no judgment from me, it's a bit of a pain to do so.

I really like the marked as hostile thing. Think of the SotC or phantasm, now an accurate measurement can be made.

I'm only half-joking when I say that I kind of want to call it "Math Dummy", since it does calculations.

Wow, I have been thinking of this same kind of thing for a long time! And i think it is genius! And the metal that is used to make it could be Lead/Iron, because this shouldn't be too hard to come by. So maybe 15 bars? :)

Back
Top Bottom