tModLoader Progressive Difficulty - Scale bosses each time you kill them

Coll

Terrarian
Progressive Difficulty is a simple mod that keeps track of how many times you have killed each boss. It also scales the health, damage, and defense of the boss each time you kill it.

It contains a config file that allows you to modify the values by which these stats are increased, by default a bosses health goes up 20%, damage goes up 10%, and defense goes up 5% each time you kill that boss.

Progressive Difficulty should support bosses from any mod by default, but if you find one that seems to cause issues please let me know.

Questions? Concerns? Ideas?
Leave a comment below or join our official discord server
https://discord.gg/DaZhUz6

Download
No direct download yet - Find it on the mod browser.

Tested Mods
*Almost all mods should work, however these have been tested*
- Celestia
- Calamity
- Thorium

Progressive Difficulty is a simple mod that keeps track of how many times you have killed each boss. It also scales the health, damage, and defense of the boss each time you kill it.

It contains a config file that allows you to modify the values by which these stats are increased, by default a bosses health goes up 20%, damage goes up 10%, and defense goes up 5% each time you kill that boss.

Progressive Difficulty should support bosses from any mod by default, but if you find one that seems to cause issues please let me know.

Questions? Concerns? Ideas?
Leave a comment below or join our official discord server
https://discord.gg/DaZhUz6

Download
No direct download yet - Find it on the mod browser.

Tested Mods
*Almost all mods should work, however these have been tested*
- Celestia
- Calamity
- Thorium

Looks like a cool addition :D , maybe make moonlord kill increase boss scaling even more as he will grant such powerfull gear.

also what is the celestia mod ?

could you make mosnters also tougher after killing a boss? is the scaling infinite? Is the scaling done on base values or previous values? Could you make that tougher enemies have increased drop chances?

Glad to see both you and I could make mods to suit individual needs :D

Strange response little passive aggressive sounding. Did I say something inappropriate or did I sound demanding or something?

BTW I dont really know how to code I was able to make my mods because I was able to see examples of other mods and changed them up a bit and I needed a lot of help from the devs on the tmod chat so it's not like I could easily go and create something like this.

Could you tell me if the scaling is infinite? and if the scaling is done on base values or previous values?

Seems to have an issue with Prefixes for Enemies, where each differently prefix'd boss is counted separately somehow. I have yet to see anything higher than "You have killed [boss] 1 time"

Great mod. LOVE that it comes with customization -- so much appreciated.

Strange response little passive aggressive sounding. Did I say something inappropriate or did I sound demanding or something?
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were genuinely complimenting the creator of this mod; not talking to you or trying to insult anybody. A bit defensive, no?

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread, just made an account and I have no idea how to create a seperate thread. But enough about my life story. Here's the deal: I casually play on my iPad and I've lost a vanity item (the parka from Xmas update) and would like to know what my options are. Is it lost forever or can I download an app that'll spawn items? Can I "undo" my last save? It's not the end of the world if I lose a useless item but I really really really liked my character's look, so if you guys know of a way to get it back that'd be just dandy. Thanks.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread, just made an account and I have no idea how to create a seperate thread. But enough about my life story. Here's the deal: I casually play on my iPad and I've lost a vanity item (the parka from Xmas update) and would like to know what my options are. Is it lost forever or can I download an app that'll spawn items? Can I "undo" my last save? It's not the end of the world if I lose a useless item but I really really really liked my character's look, so if you guys know of a way to get it back that'd be just dandy. Thanks.

Never played on the mobile version, but I believe you might be able to upload your data to your PC and edit it there. You won't be able to play it in-game since the PC and mobile versions are different, but there may be a way to edit it with a program on your PC. I don't think there is a way to invedit on mobile alone though.
[doublepost=1493477961,1493477926][/doublepost]
Great mod. LOVE that it comes with customization -- so much appreciated.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were genuinely complimenting the creator of this mod; not talking to you or trying to insult anybody. A bit defensive, no?
And yeah, this is correct. I was complimenting the mod since I gave him the idea and we both put our own twist on it, which is good for everybody involved. I like the way he added a config :D

Seems to have an issue with Prefixes for Enemies, where each differently prefix'd boss is counted separately somehow. I have yet to see anything higher than "You have killed [boss] 1 time"

If it does it's checks by checking it's name rather than it's NPC ID, then that'll make sense why it doesn't work properly.

The problem is ID's for modded NPCs are not constant. They change depending on what mods you have loaded.

Also, it seems to be working fine with Prefixes for Enemies, at least for me.

eye.PNG

Looks like it isn't just modded, although some modded bosses work fine.

1: Each King Slime counts as a new boss.
2: Calamity's Perforator Hive counts as a new boss each time.
3: The Perforators themselves, on the other hand, all count as the same boss, despite actually being three similar bosses, no matter what prefixes.

Hello coll I wanted to ask can you create a progressive difficulty mod for all the mobs in the game and all the boss spawns in the game to get more difficult with each kill. I'll pay you for your time if you want me to. Please let me know

Hello. I was very surprised that after so much time no one remembered this mod. Although, in my opinion, its mechanics are very magnificent and, in turn, in addition to antifarm, creates a certain challenge for the player. Will this mod ever be revived?

Back
Top Bottom