tModLoader Project Atlantis

PlatinumUmbreon

Eye of Cthulhu
1609015300997.png

Welcome to Project Atlantis! This is a mod that will focus on making fishing viable throughout a whole playthrough by introducing new weapons as you progress through the game, whether through being hard coded or through a crafting recipe.
Discord here!
Wiki here!

v0.2
-Added the Fisherwoman NPC, who moves in after the Eye of Cthulhu is defeated.
-Added two new weapons, Pufferfish Flail and Jellyzapper King.
-Worker Bumbletuna now only occupy 0.75 minion slots.
-Material fish are now slightly more common and give more when crafted into another material.

PlatinumUmbreon/UmbreonRogue (spriter, coder, and head of Project Atlantis)
Manzello (spriter)
Goatex (spriter)
Sockmit2007 (coder)

Sea Infuser Tile Sprite: Sprited by Discord user Stryke#5205
SeaInfuserTile.png

Last edited:
Ahahaha, thanks! I usually enjoy fishing myself, it's a great downtime between boss fights and grinding. I'd also love to hear any ideas you may have. As for the coding, I've actually decided to start taking online lessons for C# today, but someone more experienced is always appreciated since I'm not yet at the part where I can start work on the coding of the mod. I've only barely learned arithmetic expressions and stuff like ints, doubles, strings, and bools so far.

I like the idea of this mod. It seems like a nice idea for a mod and i think the sprites you've done so far look really cute. Id love to help make sprites for this mod.

I like the idea of this mod. It seems like a nice idea for a mod and i think the sprites you've done so far look really cute. Id love to help make sprites for this mod.
Yay, thanks for your interest! Do you think you could PM me a few examples of your work?

Also in regards to my progress on getting development going, I got the basics of C# down for the most part, and I plan to start learning Terraria modding specifically either tonight or tomorrow.

This seems like a really cool mod, could I help in spriting? I can make armor and tiles as well as items.

This seems like a really cool mod, could I help in spriting? I can make armor and tiles as well as items.

That'd be great! Can you show examples of your work via PM sometime?

Also more coding learning progress, I've downloaded Visual Studio Community 2019 and I'm gonna start my first mod skeleton to learn the basics of making mods.

What do you need Coded? I can help code I'm not the best at it but I am decent.
Just some weapons and tools, as well as a handful of accessories and the mechanic that lets you catch certain weapons and materials after defeating a boss.

Update on my progress with learning code, I've been going through guides provided by the GitHub page for tModLoader and I'm halfway done with the code for the Knight Swordfish.

Last edited:
Just some weapons and tools, as well as a handful of accessories and the mechanic that lets you catch certain weapons and materials after defeating a boss.

Update on my progress with learning code, I've been going through guides provided by the GitHub page for tModLoader and I'm halfway done with the code for the Knight Swordfish.
That is something I could help you with if you want the items and tools. Also the cathcing I think I have half figured out

That is something I could help you with if you want the items and tools. Also the cathcing I think I have half figured out

Honestly at my stage of experience, extra helping hands is always appreciated so I'd be just fine with the items and tools. Do you happen to have a Discord account so I can send you the invite link when I make the server?

Also, the Knight Swordfish is complete! If the video doesn't work for you like it doesn't for me, just click it and it will go directly into the imgur page.

Honestly at my stage of experience, extra helping hands is always appreciated so I'd be just fine with the items and tools. Do you happen to have a Discord account so I can send you the invite link when I make the server?

Also, the Knight Swordfish is complete! If the video doesn't work for you like it doesn't for me, just click it and it will go directly into the imgur page.
it works for me may be a browser error. The sword looks really intresting. I do have a discord but I will have to dig it up.

Please read this! I can't edit the thread title, but we no longer need more help, at least for now.
View attachment 302892
Welcome to Project Atlantis! This is a mod that will focus on making fishing viable throughout a whole playthrough by introducing new weapons as you progress through the game, whether through being hard coded or through a crafting recipe.

Currently, all I want is to try to get a mod team going! This mod is currently in need of a coder, animator for summons and armor, and spriters that can animate and/or make tile sprites.

As for the mod itself, first I want to focus on giving players a plenty of options for weapons in this mod.

I'm currently an one woman team who can only sprite, so for now here's a handful of the sprites I've made for this mod.

View attachment 302893 The Knight Swordfish, a hardmode weapon that is an upgrade to the basic Swordfish. It gets turned into a broadsword that fires two projectiles that pierce once.
View attachment 302894 The Supreme Fishing Rod, crafted at a hardmode anvil with an Atlantic Fishing Pole and a Golden Fishing Rod, it boasts a 70% fishing power, two extra lines, and can even fish in lava!
View attachment 302895The Meteorite Fish, one of the material fish in this mod that's intended to be in here too, and it can be fished on floating islands after the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu is defeated. Smelt at a furnace for four meteorite bars.
View attachment 302896The Jewel Crate, a crate that gives a guaranteed drop of one gem at an equal chance. It can be fished in the cavern layer at any time.
View attachment 302897The Queen Bumbletuna, fishable in any body of honey after Queen Bee is defeated, but you have increased odds of getting it in the underground jungle. Use this to summon Worker Bumbletuna to dash into your enemies!
View attachment 302898The Tasty Bait, an accessory that increases your odds of fishing up weapons and tools.

PlatinumUmbreon/UmbreonRogue (spriter, coder, and head of Project Atlantis)
Manzello (spriter)
Goatex (spriter)
to change the title just report the first message and enter "Change title to YOURTITLE". (don't forget to change YOURTITLE to your title)

Ah yes, fishing class, very nice indeed... But seriously, the concept is great, and I hope this mod can make fishing more fun!
(Also, I think I might need to change the name of my mod that I won't talk about now since it's literally named "Atlantis".)

Update on the progress, I finished coding for a new crafting station, and one of the other spriters made the tile set for this mod's ore. Although said ore isn't naturally generated, some people may want to use it for decoration, which is why coding the tile set for it is coming up next.

Back
Top Bottom