PC [Finished!] Castlevania SOTN. A To-Scale Replica of Dracula's Castle.

AlexanderStarship

Steampunker
Hello, my name is Alexander.
I play on PC, my Steam is Steam Community :: AlexanderStarship

Download link: Steam Workshop::Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Journey Mode) Please download, like, subscribe, comment, and share everywhere.

Everything below this is outdated.

Here is a collection of screenshots of the castle:
csotn2.jpg
Alucard Pixel Art.png
Alucard Pixel Art made by my friend Ghost-Slime.
Long Library.png
8.png
Outerwall.png
10.png
6.png
Castle Keep.png
5.png
cats.png
Colleseum.png
7.png
olroxsquarters.png
underground garden.jpg
Capture 2017-09-17 10_08_54.png
prison.png
test room 2.png
test room.png

If you'd like to lend a hand, your name will be included in any and all publictations as well as within the map itself. I can host a server on steam for interested parties to help build and/or wire in real time, and once the map is complete, a free download will be available to the public and gifted to those who helped.

Some Machine Designs inside the Castle:

elevator2.png

2. Clocktower Puzzle lock. In the game it requires Alucard to hit Gears in the wall in a specific order, like a combination lock. I put a series of switches that turn parts of the combo lock on or off (actuated blocks).
Clocktower Lock2.png
Clocktower Lock.png

fountain.png
In the game, when Alucard approachs, the water from the fountain turns from blue to blood red then when we walks away from it, it returns to blue.

4. Granfaloon Boss fight
Granfaloon.png
It's designed to simulate the Granfaloon Boss fight.
It spawns and drops different enemies from the ceiling down onto the player, in different waves, it lasts a good while. Something like 1 or 2 minutes of carnage. After the waves are over, an explosion will blow a hole in the ceiling, destroy some Crimson Hearts (to summon the brain of Cthulhu), and shower some coins down on the player. It is disabled at the moment but have tested before and it works.

rain fish.gif
normal fish.gif
blood fish.gif

blood bunny.gif
bunny.gif

Works in Progress:

1. Working clock in the center of the castle. The 16x16 room design of the actual game limits how ellaborate a clock I can make within the space allotted in Terraria. If I could squeeze an actual analogue clock face into the small space available it could only show perhaps the noon/mightnight, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock hands. Space for wiring/machinery is also somewhat limited in that area, so nothing too grandiose. I'm thinking I'll have to settle for a simple digital clock display instead, which saddens me greatly. There are two statues above the clock, on the left and right. The left side statue moves away revealing a secret passage into another area every 60 seconds. I can do this simply enough with timers. The right side statue only moves away when Alucard uses the Stop-Watch subitem in the clockroom. This may require a Gem to activate.

Bonus Content:
7. Custom Lighting. Replicating Symphony of the Nights lighting (Candle/Torch) placement leaves a lot of the castle SUPER DARK so I've added custom lighting to each area, sometimes wired up to a switch or puzzle to turn on all lights (csotn+custome) in a particle area.

This thread will be updated frequently until the castle is finished. Any and all ideas are welcome. If you'd be interested in Beta Testing, send me a message with a link to your steam.

Attachments

• Chapel.png
    Chapel.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,962
Last edited:
Wow it looks awesome! ':eek: I love that game...

If you need help with wiring. I can help you. I am a wizard and I do like to do wiring stuff when I have some free time. Just send me a message with a screen shot and tell me what it is you want to do with wiring and I can give you some help on it. `;)

This is truly amazing, and I would love to help.
The elevators we could definitely make faster with some shiny new engines. With the other stuff, I mean if it ain't broke there's really no need to rewire the whole thing, unless we can make it work better of course. First of all, you should post some "close up" pictures of the existing machinery. You know there is that area screenshot mode in the game... right?

That sounds like a pain.

Anyways, here's a simpler, smoother, faster, and more convenient elevator:

[Normal]
Capture 2017-07-17 20_19_05.png
[Wire]
Capture 2017-07-17 20_18_47.png

Just flip the switch while standing in the Granite area and you'll be moved upwards or downwards. It won't require any maintenance as long as it goes up after going down, and down after going up. If you find yourself needing to use it to go the same direction two times in a row, press the lever and it'll reset itself.

Well first I think you should replace the bunny engine with something a bit faster. A dummy ghost engine or spear trap engine. Those might be too fast but we can cut the ticks per min down with a few flip-flop gates.

This is the basic dummy ghost engine.

3600 Ticks Per Min.
Capture 2017-07-17 20_04_08.png

Remove a pressure plate to cut the ticks per min in half to 1800 TPM.
Capture 2017-07-17 20_04_16.png

Add in a flip-flop gate to cut in half again.
900 TPM.
Capture 2017-07-17 20_04_26.png

Add in even more to keep cutting the TPM in half.
Capture 2017-07-17 20_04_40.png

And this little box I built to trigger each wire in order. Which will work well for things like your elevator.

Capture 2017-07-17 20_04_54.png

damn, now I am jealous as I've been brewing this idea for nearly 3 years, and have had some pretty significant progress done myself.

xkw7NUKZBHHSly3WYrtBRqS22S2e0Rm7aHNX31xyJBc%2Cuag0jyHjwQ7KP_P2B1pdRL1OlyNNZZ5tRDOAhEXH0m8
Yeah, I know I only did the Entrance, but I wanted to make it as IDENTICAL as possible to the real game's castle, and I built it all in-game...

I did however figure out how to make the cyclic teleportation of the warp rooms. but mine will require a bit of off-site teleportation to work at 100% efficiency.

Last edited:
damn, now I am jealous as I've been brewing this idea for nearly 3 years, and have had some pretty significant progress done myself.

xkw7NUKZBHHSly3WYrtBRqS22S2e0Rm7aHNX31xyJBc%2Cuag0jyHjwQ7KP_P2B1pdRL1OlyNNZZ5tRDOAhEXH0m8
Yeah, I know I only did the Entrance, but I wanted to make it as IDENTICAL as possible to the real game's castle, and I built it all in-game...

I did however figure out how to make the cyclic teleportation of the warp rooms. but mine will require a bit of off-site teleportation to work at 100% efficiency.

Your progress image doesnt display properly. I'm really interested to see your work. Perhaps we could collaborate together? If you have steam, you could show me your map, and I could give you the tour of mine. Maybe exchange notes, and possibly work together?

Your progress image doesnt display properly. I'm really interested to see your work. Perhaps we could collaborate together? If you have steam, you could show me your map, and I could give you the tour of mine. Maybe exchange notes, and possibly work together?
damn, I have to start using imgur. I used to be able to share images via Dropbox but they've changed how they handle images -sighs- here's a re-posting

78aQNGx.png

And here's a bit of a full gallery of the area I've finished so far: The Full Gallery

damn, I have to start using imgur. I used to be able to share images via Dropbox but they've changed how they handle images -sighs- here's a re-posting

78aQNGx.png

And here's a bit of a full gallery of the area I've finished so far: The Full Gallery

Your level of detail with the backgrounds is amazing. Heres my Castle Entrance.
Capture 2017-07-20 19_18_50.png

I have a second person helping me with the detail work. And that's why it's taken me years to get just the Entrance done.

I have always wanted to build a Metroid map but there is no Morph Ball in the game so the player wouldn't fit into a lot of places. `:p They should really add in something like that in Terraria. They have 4 different types in Starbound.

There is another kind of map from a game that I am working on for testing out a concept for a custom map. Not sure what the best kind of blocks would be to use to make it look more like the game it is from, but maybe I will show you guys when I get a good part of the map done.

I have always wanted to build a Metroid map but there is no Morph Ball in the game so the player wouldn't fit into a lot of places. `:p They should really add in something like that in Terraria. They have 4 different types in Starbound.

There is another kind of map from a game that I am working on for testing out a concept for a custom map. Not sure what the best kind of blocks would be to use to make it look more like the game it is from, but maybe I will show you guys when I get a good part of the map done.

I have a Super Metroid Map. Someone made it along time ago, but handed it off when they quit. Someone else finished it, and then made a mod pack for it. I don't have the modpack, just the map. I'd give credit where credit is due, but I do not know the original creators name, or the guy who finished it and made the mod pack. I just remember when I saw it, I immediately downloaded it. Heres the map:

Attachments

• Terrarian Zebes.wld
    445.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom