PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

Yeah... To be honest, one of my biggest inspirations for how I thought the dummy ghost would look, stemmed from the likes of the wisp, and dungeon spirits.. The blue, ghostly look just seemed "right" to me XD.. And it seems like it would be a neat alternative I guess.
Yeah - it sort of fits with Terraria's undead things: ectoplasm, Dungeon Spirits, and of course those awesome wisps:D
Err anyways.. As for the Guide Post:

It would serve as another object for use in mechanisms, particularly in providing another method for controlling how the ghost behaves:

-The posts, first off, could be used in engines, since it would cause the ghost to move over pressure plates.

-The post could also affect the ghost in other ways: Luring the Ghost up stairs, off ledges/into pits...

I've just always personally thought that the dungeon could have given some sort of late game mechanic items... Particularly with the fact that it's the area that introduces you to the npc that pretty much introduces you to wiring in the first place XD

and the npc glove concept sounds especially handy

It is a good idea. I just don't want anything so vastly different from Vanilla that you could have entire builds focusing on a introduced mechanic (if that makes sense). I suppose everything there could be done with the glove anyway.

I agree with you there. Spectral wrenches anybody??? jk, but I'm hoping for something on that line in 1.3.1.

Anyway, here's something :p
BiomeIcons.png

(upscaled 4x)

These will probably show up in the bottomright corner according to what biomes you're currently considered to be 'in', in order of fishing priority. I'm really happy with how the crimson/corruption icons turned out, and also the background for the Hallow one, but I don't know what to put in the foreground. I tried redrawing the Unicorn to be a bit smaller, and it's alriight, but I think we can do better. Any ideas?
[doublepost=1460461033,1460449775][/doublepost]@ZeroGravitas: the verdict is in from jopojelly! He said it's fine to borrow the idea, and even provided the relevant code.

Yeah - it sort of fits with Terraria's undead things: ectoplasm, Dungeon Spirits, and of course those awesome wisps:D

It is a good idea. I just don't want anything so vastly different from Vanilla that you could have entire builds focusing on a introduced mechanic (if that makes sense). I suppose everything there could be done with the glove anyway.

I agree with you there. Spectral wrenches anybody??? jk, but I'm hoping for something on that line in 1.3.1.

Anyway, here's something :p
View attachment 104178
(upscaled 4x)

These will probably show up in the bottomright corner according to what biomes you're currently considered to be 'in', in order of fishing priority. I'm really happy with how the crimson/corruption icons turned out, and also the background for the Hallow one, but I don't know what to put in the foreground. I tried redrawing the Unicorn to be a bit smaller, and it's alriight, but I think we can do better. Any ideas?
[doublepost=1460461033,1460449775][/doublepost]@ZeroGravitas: the verdict is in from jopojelly! He said it's fine to borrow the idea, and even provided the relevant code.

Heh, I know what you mean. I just like to throw in ideas is all ^_^

As for that glove... how do you suppose it will function? Will it lift the entity over the player's head, or would it work somewhat like the dirt rod?
To clarify on that, being able to lift up the entity by the cursor in a manner similiar to picking up a dirt tile with a dirt rod.. of course a key difference would be being able to move the entity through blocks, and being able to position them accordingly in that manner..

Either way, it sounds like a really useful tool

I like the icon idea especially. Really neat. Are there icons for all biomes yet? I might try my hand at them as well actually.. hmm..

Edit: I got a couple set up.. but I couldn't get them scaled properly without blurring em :/.. they may need adjusting or something

Bx2JGiT.png
They are Jungle, Ocean, and Snow icons respectively

Last edited:
Heh, I know what you mean. I just like to throw in ideas is all ^_^

As for that glove... how do you suppose it will function? Will it lift the entity over the player's head, or would it work somewhat like the dirt rod?
To clarify on that, being able to lift up the entity by the cursor in a manner similiar to picking up a dirt tile with a dirt rod.. of course a key difference would be being able to move the entity through blocks, and being able to position them accordingly in that manner..

Either way, it sounds like a really useful tool
Yeah, just like the dirt rod, so that you can click & drag them to move em wherever you want.
I like the icon idea especially. Really neat. Are there icons for all biomes yet? I might try my hand at them as well actually.. hmm..

Edit: I got a couple set up.. but I couldn't get them scaled properly without blurring em :/.. they may need adjusting or something

Bx2JGiT.png
They are Jungle, Ocean, and Snow icons respectively
Nope. Those 3 are all I had.

Whoa, they look really nice! Awesome work :D

You're using GIMP, yeah? All you have to do (at least in 2.8) is go Image > Scale Image > set interpolation to None.
BiomeIcons.png

This brings the count up to 6 out of 11 or so biomes. From memory, we still have:
  • Forest
  • Dungeon
  • Glowing Mushroom
  • Hell
  • Desert
I don't think there's much point distinguishing between Underground/Surface. Apart from that, there are also Meteorite, Space, Granite, Marble, Lizhard, and Spider. Do/should they count? I don't think they're 'real' biomes, just spawn surfaces (except lizahrd/space?). What do you think?

P.S. @stefnotch you should credit @Vortechz in the OP for provviding swicked art

Neat! Sounds handy over all!

and glad you like the icons. I might see what I can gimp up for the others tomorrow.

As for the validity of the others, not sure... it would depend on whether we were just going by fishing priority, or just "biome the player is in" in general.. Since that sorta thing has applications for a lot of stuff.

Granite and Marble don't really do much save for alter some mob spawns right?.. and I don't really see the point in Spider either, since that's pretty much determined by if the player's in front of that background wall for it..

Then again, I have no clue.. I could probably end up gimping up icons for everything XD... I'll just see what I can come up with tomorrow

Yeah, just like the dirt rod, so that you can click & drag them to move em wherever you want.

Nope. Those 3 are all I had.

Whoa, they look really nice! Awesome work :D

You're using GIMP, yeah? All you have to do (at least in 2.8) is go Image > Scale Image > set interpolation to None.
View attachment 104308
This brings the count up to 6 out of 11 or so biomes. From memory, we still have:
  • Forest
  • Dungeon
  • Glowing Mushroom
  • Hell
  • Desert
I don't think there's much point distinguishing between Underground/Surface. Apart from that, there are also Meteorite, Space, Granite, Marble, Lizhard, and Spider. Do/should they count? I don't think they're 'real' biomes, just spawn surfaces (except lizahrd/space?). What do you think?

P.S. @stefnotch you should credit @Vortechz in the OP for provviding swicked art

Neat! Sounds handy over all!

and glad you like the icons. I might see what I can gimp up for the others tomorrow.

As for the validity of the others, not sure... it would depend on whether we were just going by fishing priority, or just "biome the player is in" in general.. Since that sorta thing has applications for a lot of stuff.

Granite and Marble don't really do much save for alter some mob spawns right?.. and I don't really see the point in Spider either, since that's pretty much determined by if the player's in front of that background wall for it..

Then again, I have no clue.. I could probably end up gimping up icons for everything XD... I'll just see what I can come up with tomorrow

If you are talking about fishing, then may layers would be important. It is easy to forget which layer you are in when fishing... at least for me. Maybe it's my age lol.

I like the way this is going and any information you can put in for people would be a benefit especially if they are looking for that sweet spot to make a farm/housing_area/whatever. Keep up the awesome work everyone. Just some encouragement... :)

Edit: I was wondering if it was possible to add "chat help" to list the chat commands available or even a list of commands in the "settings" like some of the other options? This would make looking for help built in and easy to access. Not a biggy... just thinking in a reply.

Last edited:
Welp, the next batch is done. I got the Dungeon, Desert, and Forest Icons set up!

vyEVmnm.png

Here they are at normal size too
fitPxau.png
FNwCw4M.png
XQ1Usal.png

Not to worry. I plan on making icons for the rest of the biomes too. These are what I could gimp up at the moment. I'll probably make more in a couple hours ^_^

UPDATE:

...I may have gone overboard. lol XD... Whatever the case, I made icons for almost EVERY biome in the game.. including mini biomes.

sbF8hV6.png
They include the icons @five--three made, the ones shown before, as well as all the new ones. In order, they are:

Jungle, Ocean, Snow, Hallow, Crimson, Corruption, Desert, Dungeon, Forest, Mushroom, Underworld, Temple, Underground, Cavern, Spider Caves, Hallowed Desert, Crimson Desert, Corrupt Desert, Bee Hive, Granite Caves, Marble Caves, and Space.

Last edited:
@ZeroGravitas: the verdict is in from jopojelly! He said it's fine to borrow the idea, and even provided the relevant code.
Sweet.:D So that'd be the map cloning? And/or what else? (Or is it a supprise?)
Do/should they count? I don't think they're 'real' biomes, just spawn surfaces (except lizahrd/space?). What do you think?
I think that all the conditions based off of player's position should be flagged up. So, all the ones that go off biome blocks counts in range. But also the conditions of standing in front of naturally placed biome walls: dungeon, lihzahrd temple brick walls, spider, underground desert walls.

I don't think there should be symbols for "Hallowed Desert, Crimson Desert, Corrupt Desert", because the related mobs are spawned just of the sand type of the surface. When player is in a crimson dessert, you should just see the symbols for dessert and crimson (presuming both block could conditions are met). Likewise bee hive, right, not a biome?

I think the biome icons should line up in priority order too, to indicate which (or multiple) is setting the spawn rate cap. Point being multiple biomes can be active at once, of course. With this setup i think that forest (pure) icon should only be shown when no other biomes are active (almost as a placeholder), disappearing as soon as any other biome over-rides it. Otherwise it will always be shown.

Icon wise, got some nice images there, and great work with collaboration and enthusiasm, but brace for critique...o_O:):
  • Jungle - should have some of the luminous green jungle grass in, on a mud block, preferably. Plant type is a bit subtle. Maybe a jungle bat (which only requires jungle biome active to spawn, not surface specific).
  • Ocean and Hallow - each, good.
  • Snow - I just don't get this one... Snow and ice blocks and/or a blatant snow flake symbol instead...
  • Crimson, Corruption - are clear from the colour schemes, but are perhaps a little bit distractingly abstract.
  • Desert - good, but yellow sandy background would be clearer still.
  • Dungeon - very clear, but I'm worried about having a water candle in the icon unless the icon is indicating that a candle is active.
  • Make the following brighter, really popping out - Mushroom, Lizhahrd temple, spider (don't be affraid to have just a little spider with a bright background to silhouette it, perhaps), granite, marble (make that white marble really visible).
  • Space - how about a harpy (and/or one their feathers), seeing as that's a key spawn there.
In general, you guys see, to be going for buff icon sized images. Is there any reason not to make them significantly bigger (up to double sized, even)? They will only be visible when the spawn information mode is toggled on, right? So OK to make them a fair bit more obtrusive.

Departing a little from representing the biomes themselves, in a literal material kind of way, how about indicating the possibility of biome key drops? These are a key reason (groan) that plays often mess with artificial biomes. It would be very reassuring to see each of the key's displayed there. I don't know whether you'd like to incorporate these into the relevant biome logos directly? Other wise you'd have an addition display area for them, or extra toggle to show them. Messy. Of course, you'd need 2 variants of each of the 5 key biomes, since the other condition (hard mode) would have to be present too. So having them appended to their relevant biome icons would make sense to me.

As for showing depth, these seem like the more difficult icons to make. Also, the depth meter already gives a clear read-out of layer by name, which I think is always correct. However, for...
...you need to take into account the bobber's height, rather than the player's.
This is from in the Wiki, "However, the height of the bobber is what determines the height requirements of the catch, not the height of the player."

Here is a fun thing to try...

2yzcw7b.jpg

In the image, I'm fishing in the Surface Forest even though I'm standing in the underground.
And there are slight differences with the biome selection too (just the mushroom grass count?):
In Terraria, the biome is determined by counting up blocks 50 tiles to the left and 50 to the right and 43 tiles up and 43 down from the player (that's a 100 x 86 tile rectangle, centered around the player). If enough blocks of a certain type are found in that area, the biome becomes that type, although there are a couple of other rules that also apply.

The counts are this:

300 blocks of Ice (of any type) or Snow = Snow biome
200 blocks of Ebonstone, Ebonsand or Purple Ice = Corruption biome
200 blocks of Crimstone, Crimsand or Red Ice = Crimson biome
100 blocks of Pearlstone, Pearlsand or Pink Ice = Hallowed biome
80 blocks of Jungle Grass or Lizhard Brick = Jungle biome
100 blocks (200 for fishing) of Mushroom Grass + possibly Glowing Mushrooms (not sure about this) = Mushroom biome

There are also other rules that go into this:

Hallowed blocks and Corruption/Crimson blocks of any sort mutually cancel out each other with 1 Hallowed canceling 2 Corruption/Crimson.

If there is more than one biome that can be in effect, the biome with the highest priority takes affect. The priority order for fishing is (copied from the Wiki):

Lava > Honey > Corruption = Crimson > Hallow > Snow > Jungle > Mushroom > Ocean > Forest

The complex takes all three of these factors into account. Since Hallowed and Corruption/Crimson cancel each other out, the Pearlstone (Hallowed) is on one side and the Crimstone (Crimson) / Ebonstone (Corruption) blocks are more than 100 blocks away on the other side. The blocks determining the biome are also arranged so that the required number comes into range at the right point as you move across the pool and that biome is overridden by a higher priority one as the new biome's required blocks all come into range.

There is some oddness in this in the music playing and background / water color for the biomes. This is because of the priority order for music, etc., is different from that of fishing. This order is (again from the Wiki):

Ocean > Mushroom > Corruption > Crimson > Jungle > Snow > Hallow > Others

This order mismatch has the odd effect of playing Jungle music while catching Snow fish.

Another little oddness is that because Crimson and Corruption are equivalent in the priority order for fishing, moving from Crimson into Corruption doesn't cause Crimson to be overridden and so you will get both Crimson and Corruption catches in the Corruption fishing spot. The music priority order, however, is such that you will see the water change color and the "sky" background change in the Corruption fishing spot.

The optional Mushroom biome is a bit of a problem because of this different ordering, which is why the Mushroom Grass blocks are above the complex rather than to the right with the other biome blocks. Mushroom biome fishing is done by jumping up 6 tiles and coming into 43 tile range vertically of the 200 Mushroom Grass blocks rather than moving to the right and left on the upper pool. This vertical placement stops the Mushroom biome music/background from always overriding that of the real biome used for fishing.

Other than what I think is a unique placement of biome blocks, I didn't figure out any of this on my own. Much of the information came from the Wiki article on fishing but there were two other major sources. First, a thread started by @Danke here, http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/project-ultimate-fishing-semi-autofarm.6864/, which covered many of the fundamentals of fishing biomes (although, curiously, it had the player's height as being the determining factor for the fishing level rather than the real determining factor, the height of the fishing bobber) and I owe much to the thread's many contributors. The second was a link pointed out by @inomanoms and made by "pakratt" here, http://imgur.com/gallery/DapM6, that had a 1-Tile Fishing Hole, and this link started me thinking about compacting the build.
From @PapaBear's guide: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ect-a-compact-fishing-complex-and-more.40342/

So, an additional row of information (icons) should appear when you have your line in the water (liquid)...?

I think that all the conditions based off of player's position should be flagged up. So, all the ones that go off biome blocks counts in range. But also the conditions of standing in front of naturally placed biome walls: dungeon, lihzahrd temple brick walls, spider, underground desert walls.

I don't think there should be symbols for "Hallowed Desert, Crimson Desert, Corrupt Desert", because the related mobs are spawned just of the sand type of the surface. When player is in a crimson dessert, you should just see the symbols for dessert and crimson (presuming both block could conditions are met). Likewise bee hive, right, not a biome?

I think the biome icons should line up in priority order too, to indicate which (or multiple) is setting the spawn rate cap. Point being multiple biomes can be active at once, of course. With this setup i think that forest (pure) icon should only be shown when no other biomes are active (almost as a placeholder), disappearing as soon as any other biome over-rides it. Otherwise it will always be shown.

Icon wise, got some nice images there, and great work with collaboration and enthusiasm, but brace for critique...o_O:):
  • Jungle - should have some of the luminous green jungle grass in, on a mud block, preferably. Plant type is a bit subtle. Maybe a jungle bat (which only requires jungle biome active to spawn, not surface specific).
  • Snow - I just don't get this one... Snow and ice blocks and/or a blatant snow flake symbol instead...
  • Crimson, Corruption - are clear from the colour schemes, but are perhaps a little bit distractingly abstract.
  • Dungeon - very clear, but I'm worried about having a water candle in the icon unless the icon is indicating that a candle is active.
  • Make the following brighter, really popping out - Mushroom, Lizhahrd temple, spider (don't be affraid to have just a little spider with a bright background to silhouette it, perhaps), granite, marble (make that white marble really visible).
  • Space - how about a harpy (and/or one their feathers), seeing as that's a key spawn there.
In general, you guys see, to be going for buff icon sized images. Is there any reason not to make them significantly bigger (up to double sized, even)? They will only be visible when the spawn information mode is toggled on, right? So OK to make them a fair bit more obtrusive.

Departing a little from representing the biomes themselves, in a literal material kind of way, how about indicating the possibility of biome key drops? These are a key reason (groan) that plays often mess with artificial biomes. It would be very reassuring to see each of the key's displayed there. I don't know whether you'd like to incorporate these into the relevant biome logos directly? Other wise you'd have an addition display area for them, or extra toggle to show them. Messy. Of course, you'd need 2 variants of each of the 5 key biomes, since the other condition (hard mode) would have to be present too. So having them appended to their relevant biome icons would make sense to me.

As for showing depth, these seem like the more difficult icons to make. Also, the depth meter already gives a clear read-out of layer by name, which I think is always correct. However, for...

And there are slight differences with the biome selection too (just the mushroom grass count?):

From @PapaBear's guide: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ect-a-compact-fishing-complex-and-more.40342/

So, an additional row of information (icons) should appear when you have your line in the water (liquid)...?

Heh, thanks for the critique!

A majority of the icons I created were created with that size limitation on the icons in mind. Since I had only so much space to work with at the time, I used features from the various biomes to try to convey what they were.

The lighting in some icons was set up on purpose.

In the Lizhahrd temple, it's fairly dark, and foreboding, especially when the player first enters it.. so I created the icon to reflect that. (The little glow off to the side in the icon, represents the glow of a nearby altar)

Marble is actually like that intentionally as well. I purposely darkened the medusa and the background to make it look like it was dark, to try to draw attention to Medusa's bright glowing eyes..
(If there's one thing players dread when one of these biomes is nearby, it's the gaze of a medusa..)

The image in the Snow icon is of a boreal tree, which are exclusive to that biome. I had thought about incorporating ice, but that particular icon depicts the surface (From what I gathered, five--three didn't seem too concerned with some of the lower levels of the same biomes.. I also thought it would be a bit odd to try to incorporate elements from the surface, and in lower levels in the same icon.. (You certainly, for example, wouldn't expect to find a Plantera's bulb on the surface, that's for sure XD) The only reason I created Cavern and Underground icons was due to how they affect fishing. Once again, the icons were set up with the limited space in mind)

The desert icons were also fashioned for similar reasons stated above. The cactus is one of the main features in the desert biome, so it's a key identifier (I used similiar thinking for the Hallowed, Crimson, and Corrupt variants)

All of that aside....

-I "might" redo the Jungle if I can find better backdrops for it. I had difficulty due to the presence of so many greens, and somewhat obscure elements.. I dunno. I'd just have to look

-One should also bare in mind that I didn't create the Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed icons. They were posted by five--three a bit further back.

All in all, a majority of my icons were crafted with the size limitation in mind... I saw it as a bit of a challenge actually: Seeing what I could position into the images to convey what they were under limited space ^_^

(On a latter note.. you know what I find spooky about the water candle in my dungeon icon? The fact it's even sitting on solid blocks in the first place... XD)

I was thinking only the map-clone. While we could also implement the 'swanky UI' for give and summon, I was under the impression that we didn't want to spend time on it and make it a headline feature of Mechmod. Apart from those, I can't remember if there were any other things there.

@Vortechz: I'm half-replying to you here as well, just using zero's posts as context:
I'll be using the game's definitions (regarding monsterspawning, bgm etc, not fishing) for these biomes. I'll take a closer look at it later once I'm back on a computer.

That's what I was thinking too. IIRC, the Desert biome is only normal desert, 'corrupt desert' is just Corruption with sandy spawn surfaces. Again this is off the top of my head so I'll look at it properly later. This is the same with Underground biomes. I was planning on not making a distinction between cavern/underground/surface biomes. Is a Cavern/Underground icon necessary (as a 'modifier'), or is the depth meter sufficient?

Also, there isn't a need for beehives, marble, granite or spider icons as none of those are actual biomes. Except for beehives (where there's no change of anything) the only change that they provide is a surface for their monsters to spawn on.
agree with all of this :p
Yeah. I was originally going to draw all of them that way (but I didn't get to do any before @Vortechz swarmed in :D), but I see that they don't really look great compared to differently styled icons.
I agree with the desert point - it seems really green :/
Same with the dungeon - but I thought of taht, and there's a Water Candle buff anyway to show that, and it's one of the most prolific items in the dungeon. Without it, the icon would be too dark.
Yeah, the mushroom one should pop a bit more. I like the lizhahrd one though!
The space icon is good. Despite Harpies spawning there, the biggest featuer of it is the obvious emptiness. I imagined a mostly blank icon with the sun and a few one-pixel stars, and this is pretty well it. I like it!
(assuming you meant 'seem' there)

These icnos will be a fair bit smaller than the buff icons. The 'normal size' icons are the 1:1 size that they'll be on-screen. I was aiming for them to be not too intrusive.
Ooh. I didn't consider that. I'll take a look through the code ...
I like the idea of the overlay.
I don't think that's really too much of an issue I suppose.

By the way @Vortechz , I didn't actually say, but you've done a fantastic job here. Thankyou so much! You do really good work :p
A majority of the icons I created were created with that size limitation on the icons in mind. Since I had only so much space to work with at the time, I used features from the various biomes to try to convey what they were.

The lighting in some icons was set up on purpose.

In the Lizhahrd temple, it's fairly dark, and foreboding, especially when the player first enters it.. so I created the icon to reflect that. (The little glow off to the side in the icon, represents the glow of a nearby altar)

Marble is actually like that intentionally as well. I purposely darkened the medusa and the background to make it look like it was dark, to try to draw attention to Medusa's bright glowing eyes..
(If there's one thing players dread when one of these biomes is nearby, it's the gaze of a medusa..)

The image in the Snow icon is of a boreal tree, which are exclusive to that biome. I had thought about incorporating ice, but that particular icon depicts the surface (From what I gathered, five--three didn't seem too concerned with some of the lower levels of the same biomes.. I also thought it would be a bit odd to try to incorporate elements from the surface, and in lower levels in the same icon.. (You certainly, for example, wouldn't expect to find a Plantera's bulb on the surface, that's for sure XD) The only reason I created Cavern and Underground icons was due to how they affect fishing. Once again, the icons were set up with the limited space in mind)
Seeing your reasoning here, your decisions make sense. I do agree with @ZeroGravitas for the snow though - these icons do represent surface and underground, so a snowflake would work better.
The desert icons were also fashioned for similar reasons stated above. The cactus is one of the main features in the desert biome, so it's a key identifier (I used similiar thinking for the Hallowed, Crimson, and Corrupt variants)
The cactus of the desert biome is good, but the background is really green. I personally don't mind it too much, but maybe a sandy-color gradient would do well.
-One should also bare in mind that I didn't create the Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed icons. They were posted by five--three a bit further back.
uh yeah. please recreate them :p

Anyway, again, awesome work! Lights out for me now.

there isn't a need for [...], marble, granite or spider icons as none of those are actual biomes.[...] the only change that they provide is a surface for their monsters to spawn on.
Not true, marble biome mobs will spawn on a neutral surface when there is a single (raw) marble block in range. (I tested this. Don't remember the thread.) Granite is a bit different too. Spider walls I thought for a moment might have been necessary to be behind the player for spiders to spawn, although is it only that they have to be behind the spawn even, above the spawn surface? Any 'behind player' or 'in range of player' conditions should be flagged by this feature, I think.
I was planning on not making a distinction between cavern/underground/surface biomes. Is a Cavern/Underground icon necessary (as a 'modifier'), or is the depth meter sufficient?
Depth level changes the spawn selection, so really, I think it should be indicated in your display (too). Bear in mind that player is always at some depth or other, so there will always be an icon for that. So the main feature of this icon might be a little pointer, pointing at one of the 5 levels (possibly all squeezed into the icon, but with the indicated one highlighted more vividly too): space, surface, underground, cavern, hell.
These icons will be a fair bit smaller than the buff icons. The 'normal size' icons are the 1:1 size that they'll be on-screen. I was aiming for them to be not too intrusive.
Oh, so these are going to be tiny then...? Is that really necessary, to make them so small, if it's an optional display, toggle-able? You think most people will want it displayed all the time? Thought it would be used fairly rarely, myself (on a par with only equipping a ruler when needed)...
Water Candle buff anyway to show that, and it's one of the most prolific items in the dungeon. Without it, the icon would be too dark.
Illumination is arbitrary, you can have torch just out of crop and tweak it in image editing later too. What about a book on a shelf and/or a dungeon lamp? Or one of the glowing skulls? (It's a thought to try to squeeze in unique, highly identifiable spawns into the icons, since that is what they are about, spawn conditions... :)) I am fine with a small water-candle in the icon, though, if that still seems better. Just floating options.

Hey guys! I'm back! :D

I got a hold of a new laptop a few days ago (Has a messed up right shift key.. but to be honest, I'm adapting, and it's better than what I had before).. and I am back in business! So anyways..

You'll be glad to know that I did some work on some of the icons that were particularly in need of looking into... so I tried to revise some of them the best I could.

HnwJztN.png

I'll go over each one in order..

Jungle - This one was as annoying to create as it is to play through in the game.. lol. I tried a lot of different setups for this icon, but couldn't find anything that could be made out, or wouldn't clash.. (aka Green on green @_@).. So, I decided to just say the hell with it, and used Plantera's bulb as the key feature, since it's one of the more notable objects in the jungle.

Crimson and Corruption - These two gave me lip as well. I found it very difficult to find backdrops that didn't take up the entire tile, so I just resorted to some background imagery for their icons.

Desert - Rather than an all out rework, I just simply adjusted the background, and gave it a more, yellowish tint.. does that fix the issue?

Mushroom - For mushroom, I tried to brighten it up a bit. Here's a comparison of the old icon (left) and the new icon (right)
XW2zTbr.png

Snow - Last but not least, I redid the snow icon. I know you guys wanted a snowflake.... but I just thought that the image would look a little "too" abstract compared to the other icons... I've been trying to make sure all icons have elements from the actual game. That said, I decided to use a penguin as the backdrop from the snow icon.. as we see tons of the little buggers waddling around there after all.

I hope that addresses some of the critiques ^_^

In case you came here, thinking this mod adds Transformers to Terraria, sorry, it doesn't do that!

Mechmod is the official T-MEC community Terraria mod (previously called MEFBAEA), an engineering core-feature and partially creative-mode focused Terraria mod!​

Installation:
Provided by @Aditya

Screenshots:

Latest changes:

• New User Interface (Copy all the things!)
    Open it with N
  • Teleporter particle visibility
  • /summon
    [*]Wire highlighting! (More information is in the Mechmod menu)

[*]Infinity mana and Infinity health got merged into godmode
    [*]You can now click on wire with wire to send a signal! (To only activate a single block, use alt + click)

Change log:
Nothing to see here yet.

Features:

Settings - As laid out in game (main) menu

Cheats
Infinite wire: disabled - enabled
Wrenches will use wire from your inventory. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any wire. - Wrenches will not require or consume any wire. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any wire.
Infinite actuators: disabled - enabled
Actuators will be consumed when placed. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any actuators. - Actuators will not be consumed when placed. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any actuators.
Godmode: disabled - enabled
When enabled, you will walk straight through enemies without being hit, have infinite health and mana
Infinite health: disabled - enabled
Infinite mana: disabled - enabled

Normal placing limits - No Limits
When enabled, you can place blocks anywhere.
UFO Speed: 500% to 0%
Modifies the speed of alien UFO mount.
Reset UFO Speed

Wiring
Red wire affected by light - Red wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether red wire will show regardless of light level.
Blue wire affected by light - Blue wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether blue wire will show regardless of light level.
Green wire affected by light - Green wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether green wire will show regardless of light level.
Actuators affected by light - Actuators unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether actuators wire will show regardless of light level.

-Wire opacity-
Red: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of red wire.
Blue: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of blue wire.
Green: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of green wire.
Actuators: 100% [slider] 0%
The brightness of actuators.

Conditionally Show Wires - Always Show Wires
Wires will show when a mechanical item is selected. - Wires will show regardless of currently selected item.
Wrenches highlight wire - Wrenches don't highlight wire
If enabled, chains of wire under the mouse will be highlighted if the player is holding a wrench of the respective color. This feature is available otherwise with the Mechanical Ruler, bought form the mechanic.

Ghosts
Dummy ghosts: disabled - enabled
Dummy 'ghosts' are hidden.- Dummy 'ghosts' will be shown.
Ghosts are affected by light - Ghosts are unaffected by light
Dummy ghosts will be darkened according to nearby light levels. - Dummy ghosts will be shown regardless of the light levels in their area.
Dummy ghosts not outlined - Dummy ghosts outlined in red
When enabled, dummy ghosts will be shown with a thick red outline.
Dummies spawn when activated - Dummies spawn on world load
In vanilla Terraria, dummies only spawn when a player enters a 100x100 (incorrect: 200x200!) block rectangle around them. If this setting is enabled, they will spawn regardless of player position.
Kill wayward ghosts
When dummies are moved with TEdit, the ghosts remain in the save file. These rogue ghosts are unkillable, unmovable, and cannot get hit by projectiles. Click here to attempt to remove them.
Ghost brightness: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of dummy ghosts.
Hide dummy IDs - Show dummy IDs
Show/hide the internal NPC ID's (gr!) for each dummy.
Hide ghost feet - Show ghost feet

Keyboard
Planned feature

Reset and Styling
Reset all MechMod settings
Once reset, the settings are not recoverable. Are you sure? -> Once reset, the settings are not recoverable. Click again to confirm.
Inventory button hidden - Inventory button enabled
Shows a (glitchy) button on the inventory menu. The button will overlap the defense icon sometimes, so it is disabled by default.
Color: 1-8
Changes the menu color. Default: 1
Clouds - No clouds
Toggle all the clouds!
Teleporter particles (in)visible
This setting dictates the Teleporter particle's visibility.

Close Menu

Chat Commands

Auto-placing tool (buggy)
/place <block id> <direction - up,left,right,down> <amount>
You can also throw on wire, actuator, or force on the end of that to, well, add wire, add actuators, or force the placement (will overwrite other blocks, watch out). This will place amount of blocks in the specified direction, starting at your left foot by default. The starting position can be changed by typing /place set, which will bring up a smart-cursor-like box which will become the new position. In the future, this will only work if you have the specified item in your inventory.

Slowmotion Settings
/sm <num> or /slomo <num>
num is a speed divisor, e.g. `/sm 2` gives you half speed, `/sm 10` will make the game 10x slower. This may support speeding-up too in the future.
This will only get activated when pressing the o key.

Zooming (buggy)
/z <num> or /zoom <num>
where num is the zoom level, e.g. `/z .5` will zoom out for half magnification and `/z 2` will show the game at 2x magnification.

Inventory Cheat
/give <item ID|name> <count>
e.g. /give Celestial Sigil 99

Teleport
/tp <x> <y>
Teleports you to the specified coordinates.

Summon
/summon <name>
Summons an entity at the mouse location
e.g. /summon Lost Girl

Keyboard only Commands
  • Slow motion (Key: O)
  • Terraria Map Editor (beta) (Key: N)
  • Freecam (Key: L)
    • To lock/unlock screen, arrow keys to move, + and - to change movement speed.
Bugs and Disclaimer:
I do not hold any liability if your BIOS gets wiped, you starve to death because the mod is too interesting, your world that you worked on for 5 days straight gets messed up, etc.

• Zooming doesn't work perfectly yet.

Suggested features: (Suggest some! :D )

• Zooming (The current one doesn't work perfectly)
  • Placing dummy ghosts/other mobs
  • Inventory editor?
  • Super cool placing thingy
    • Easier hoiks. (Like a hammer that will always make a right-up slope)
    • Something similar to the WorldEdit that TShock has, where you can place hoiks automatically (Straight lines/boxes), or make a hoik mode where all blocks place are hoiks.
    • auto place: Ruler
  • Rebinding keys(L, K, O, P) and Custom Actions for said keys
  • Dummy teleporting: Remove lag and mute the teleporters
  • Ability to turn rain/snow off? (Just like the clouds)
  • Make /summon and /give a bit nicer.

Credits:

External Dowload:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0p1M-iw1bBrODF1RmxsWFFzRjg/view?usp=sharing

• Delete your config file
  • Make sure that your antivirus isn't messing around with it. (Disable the antivirus and re-download it)
  • Set Steam to offline mode
  • Right click on the .exe file and click "Unblock"
  • Start it again. The current version might have a bug that gets fixed when you open it for the second time.

Dowload:
Note: If you can't download it, join the T-Mec group.
Hehehehehe ... thanks :) It sounds pretty cheesy so I wasn't with it at first, but @stefnotch snuck it into the code somewhere soit became official xD

The dirt rod functions as it does in Vanilla Terraria. That is, it has the ability to pick up a block and move it somewhere else, from an unlimited range. All we did was change it so that it can move any block, not just dirt or sand.

In my previous post, I mentioned the work-in-progress auto-place feature. This is currently not fully functional, but once it is, I'll aim to convert it from the command-line style use into a keyboard shortcut or item that functions similarly to the Ruler accessory.

Yep, that's on the list :) It's going to be an option in the upcoming interface. Currently, I haven't got the ghost menu in yet, but I have already implemented its seperate toggles (like the dummy ghost lighting and texture change being seperate as you mentioned later in your post). Don't worry ... it'll come ... S O O N ™

Yeah, that toggle was only a temporary solution. In the current build those options are definitely seperate :p

In case you came here, thinking this mod adds Transformers to Terraria, sorry, it doesn't do that!

Mechmod is the official T-MEC community Terraria mod (previously called MEFBAEA), an engineering core-feature and partially creative-mode focused Terraria mod!​

Installation:
Provided by @Aditya

Screenshots:

Latest changes:

• New User Interface (Copy all the things!)
    Open it with N
  • Teleporter particle visibility
  • /summon
    [*]Wire highlighting! (More information is in the Mechmod menu)

[*]Infinity mana and Infinity health got merged into godmode
    [*]You can now click on wire with wire to send a signal! (To only activate a single block, use alt + click)

Change log:
Nothing to see here yet.

Features:

Settings - As laid out in game (main) menu

Cheats
Infinite wire: disabled - enabled
Wrenches will use wire from your inventory. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any wire. - Wrenches will not require or consume any wire. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any wire.
Infinite actuators: disabled - enabled
Actuators will be consumed when placed. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any actuators. - Actuators will not be consumed when placed. When enabled, wire cutters will not drop any actuators.
Godmode: disabled - enabled
When enabled, you will walk straight through enemies without being hit, have infinite health and mana
Infinite health: disabled - enabled
Infinite mana: disabled - enabled

Normal placing limits - No Limits
When enabled, you can place blocks anywhere.
UFO Speed: 500% to 0%
Modifies the speed of alien UFO mount.
Reset UFO Speed

Wiring
Red wire affected by light - Red wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether red wire will show regardless of light level.
Blue wire affected by light - Blue wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether blue wire will show regardless of light level.
Green wire affected by light - Green wire unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether green wire will show regardless of light level.
Actuators affected by light - Actuators unaffected by light
This setting dictates whether actuators wire will show regardless of light level.

-Wire opacity-
Red: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of red wire.
Blue: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of blue wire.
Green: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of green wire.
Actuators: 100% [slider] 0%
The brightness of actuators.

Conditionally Show Wires - Always Show Wires
Wires will show when a mechanical item is selected. - Wires will show regardless of currently selected item.
Wrenches highlight wire - Wrenches don't highlight wire
If enabled, chains of wire under the mouse will be highlighted if the player is holding a wrench of the respective color. This feature is available otherwise with the Mechanical Ruler, bought form the mechanic.

Ghosts
Dummy ghosts: disabled - enabled
Dummy 'ghosts' are hidden.- Dummy 'ghosts' will be shown.
Ghosts are affected by light - Ghosts are unaffected by light
Dummy ghosts will be darkened according to nearby light levels. - Dummy ghosts will be shown regardless of the light levels in their area.
Dummy ghosts not outlined - Dummy ghosts outlined in red
When enabled, dummy ghosts will be shown with a thick red outline.
Dummies spawn when activated - Dummies spawn on world load
In vanilla Terraria, dummies only spawn when a player enters a 100x100 (incorrect: 200x200!) block rectangle around them. If this setting is enabled, they will spawn regardless of player position.
Kill wayward ghosts
When dummies are moved with TEdit, the ghosts remain in the save file. These rogue ghosts are unkillable, unmovable, and cannot get hit by projectiles. Click here to attempt to remove them.
Ghost brightness: 100% [slider] 0%
The opacity of dummy ghosts.
Hide dummy IDs - Show dummy IDs
Show/hide the internal NPC ID's (gr!) for each dummy.
Hide ghost feet - Show ghost feet

Keyboard
Planned feature

Reset and Styling
Reset all MechMod settings
Once reset, the settings are not recoverable. Are you sure? -> Once reset, the settings are not recoverable. Click again to confirm.
Inventory button hidden - Inventory button enabled
Shows a (glitchy) button on the inventory menu. The button will overlap the defense icon sometimes, so it is disabled by default.
Color: 1-8
Changes the menu color. Default: 1
Clouds - No clouds
Toggle all the clouds!
Teleporter particles (in)visible
This setting dictates the Teleporter particle's visibility.

Close Menu

Chat Commands

Auto-placing tool (buggy)
/place <block id> <direction - up,left,right,down> <amount>
You can also throw on wire, actuator, or force on the end of that to, well, add wire, add actuators, or force the placement (will overwrite other blocks, watch out). This will place amount of blocks in the specified direction, starting at your left foot by default. The starting position can be changed by typing /place set, which will bring up a smart-cursor-like box which will become the new position. In the future, this will only work if you have the specified item in your inventory.

Slowmotion Settings
/sm <num> or /slomo <num>
num is a speed divisor, e.g. `/sm 2` gives you half speed, `/sm 10` will make the game 10x slower. This may support speeding-up too in the future.
This will only get activated when pressing the o key.

Zooming (buggy)
/z <num> or /zoom <num>
where num is the zoom level, e.g. `/z .5` will zoom out for half magnification and `/z 2` will show the game at 2x magnification.

Inventory Cheat
/give <item ID|name> <count>
e.g. /give Celestial Sigil 99

Teleport
/tp <x> <y>
Teleports you to the specified coordinates.

Summon
/summon <name>
Summons an entity at the mouse location
e.g. /summon Lost Girl

Keyboard only Commands
  • Slow motion (Key: O)
  • Terraria Map Editor (beta) (Key: N)
  • Freecam (Key: L)
    • To lock/unlock screen, arrow keys to move, + and - to change movement speed.
Bugs and Disclaimer:
I do not hold any liability if your BIOS gets wiped, you starve to death because the mod is too interesting, your world that you worked on for 5 days straight gets messed up, etc.

• Zooming doesn't work perfectly yet.

Suggested features: (Suggest some! :D )

• Zooming (The current one doesn't work perfectly)
  • Placing dummy ghosts/other mobs
  • Inventory editor?
  • Super cool placing thingy
    • Easier hoiks. (Like a hammer that will always make a right-up slope)
    • Something similar to the WorldEdit that TShock has, where you can place hoiks automatically (Straight lines/boxes), or make a hoik mode where all blocks place are hoiks.
    • auto place: Ruler
  • Rebinding keys(L, K, O, P) and Custom Actions for said keys
  • Dummy teleporting: Remove lag and mute the teleporters
  • Ability to turn rain/snow off? (Just like the clouds)
  • Make /summon and /give a bit nicer.

Credits:

External Dowload:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0p1M-iw1bBrODF1RmxsWFFzRjg/view?usp=sharing

• Delete your config file
  • Make sure that your antivirus isn't messing around with it. (Disable the antivirus and re-download it)
  • Set Steam to offline mode
  • Right click on the .exe file and click "Unblock"
  • Start it again. The current version might have a bug that gets fixed when you open it for the second time.

Dowload:
Note: If you can't download it, join the T-Mec group.
I have a suggestion, add event keys or an event command used to summon events like blood moon

Really awesome mod, im wondering is it possible to mix it with another mod, for example im doing a thorium mod playthrough and id love to have the free cam mode there, is there a way to do it since they are 2 different launchers?
Thx in advance!

Really awesome mod, im wondering is it possible to mix it with another mod, for example im doing a thorium mod playthrough and id love to have the free cam mode there, is there a way to do it since they are 2 different launchers?
Thx in advance!

Well, in theory, anything is possible. Though, in practice, our mod isn't exactly compatible with any other mod. (as you said, different launchers...)
Opening a Thorium world with the mod won't work very well either.

I have a suggestion, add event keys or an event command used to summon events like blood moon

Ok, suggestion noted. :D

This mod is awesome! My request would be for it to work with TModLoader Mods as well. Maybe @jopojelly could help with that or point you in the right direction?

MechMod doesn't work. I'm using the latest Terraria Steam version's files, I copied everything and renamed MechMod.exe to Terraria.exe. Errors out and crashes my Steam client.

MechMod doesn't work. I'm using the latest Terraria Steam version's files, I copied everything and renamed MechMod.exe to Terraria.exe. Errors out and crashes my Steam client.
What's the error message? If you can't see one, open "Event Viewer" (pre-installed app) and open "Windows Logs" (left side). Click on "Application" and find the relevant error message. (Most recent messages are at the top, error messages have a red icon)
Operating System?

Back
Top Bottom