PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

Just out of curiosity as to why that's happening, was wiring completely stopped for the duration of the 'freeze'? Or was it just going really slowly? Did you have frame skip on? Wiring is updated in the Update function, not Draw, so unless something was overloaded and throwing an error that's pretty weird :/

I'm not sure to understand well what happens exactly, it might be hoiking that is slowed down, more testing will be required. I could give a video demo of whatever is happening just for curiosity's sake, I might be misinterpreting.

Ps, don't worry about it taking time to develop, this issue doesn't actually bottleneck my progress in any way. this is merely about convenience

Last edited:
Yes please!
Here :p

As for the name, how would something like this tutorial go? Do we want that, or just something like the logo in the About screen (but not as awesome because we can't rotate it :( )
I'm not sure to understand well what happens exactly, it might be hoiking that is slowed down, more testing will be required. I could give a video demo of whatever is happening just for curiosity's sake, I might be misinterpreting.

Ps, don't worry about it taking time to develop, this issue doesn't actually bottleneck my progress in any way. this is merely about convenience
You should be able to set the slomo rate really high (`/sm 60` = 1fps) which will give the game time to process things and you should see what's happening frame-by-frame. That might give a different result though.

Re-wiring re-writing the image processor is done, just ironing out a few more bugs. The problem is, some of those bugs are pregnant, and squahing them ends up splattering a bunch more tiny bugs everywhere :'(

Also @inomanoms I fixed all of the typos that you so kindly highlighted in the options menu! Sorry. That's really quite embarrassing, I normally try to take a level of pride in my grammar, but many of those were written out hurriedly and not checked. Thanks :) :)

Attachments

• okay.png
    okay.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 85
That's awesome! I was thinking of swapping out grass for Stone Slab blocks in the Terraria-esque logo, but that's the extent of by creativity. This is much better!
[DOUBLEPOST=1454224787,1454192267][/DOUBLEPOST]Yay! Finally! Things still aren't quite perfect, but I think this is coming along quite nicely.
The pop-up is only a proof-of-concept so far. What do you think?

The hotbar itself is basically nearing completion. Still todo:
  • Hotkeys can be remapped, but they should be shown on the icon.
  • Proper functionality for adding/removing buttons - currently it's just clickonaboxinamenu
Then it's onto adding the buttons themselves.

That's awesome! I was thinking of swapping out grass for Stone Slab blocks in the Terraria-esque logo, but that's the extent of by creativity. This is much better!
[DOUBLEPOST=1454224787,1454192267][/DOUBLEPOST]Yay! Finally! Things still aren't quite perfect, but I think this is coming along quite nicely.
The pop-up is only a proof-of-concept so far. What do you think?

The hotbar itself is basically nearing completion. Still todo:
  • Hotkeys can be remapped, but they should be shown on the icon.
  • Proper functionality for adding/removing buttons - currently it's just clickonaboxinamenu
Then it's onto adding the buttons themselves.

That looks pretty awesome! :D
What are you using to create gifs?
[DOUBLEPOST=1454242147][/DOUBLEPOST]Spoiler warning!

In case you guys are wondering what to expect in the next release, here is a little spoiler of what I am working on:

Next to the previously mention bug where the screen goes black when I use the gravity motion there is another one, disposing of items with the Drop key will make them disappear, I don't know if it's all items but I lost a couple of banners because of this and maybe some other items.

Pls fix :)

Next to the previously mention bug where the screen goes black when I use the gravity motion there is another one, disposing of items with the Drop key will make them disappear, I don't know if it's all items but I lost a couple of banners because of this and maybe some other items.

I didn't think the black screen was a bug with Mechmod. I kept getting it yesterday.

Hey guys, will this mod ever support the GOG version of Terraria? I tried it and it popped a message about steam dependencies.

upload_2016-2-1_23-51-25.png

Thanks

Oh. I'll take a lok at that, sounds nasty. Thanks for the report!
I didn't think the black screen was a bug with Mechmod. I kept getting it yesterday.
Nah, it's a (since fixed) bug in Mechmod that I accidentally introduced with the zooming code. Sorry :p

Hey guys, will this mod ever support the GOG version of Terraria? I tried it and it popped a message about steam dependencies.
Thanks
We have an option to disable steam. Again, I don't think it's in the released build, but when the next update comes out, try running Terraria.exe -usingSteam from the command prompt or a shortcut. Should work :p

Here's another sneak peek. This really should have been done before, but now, when unllocking the screen the camera accelerates towards the player instead of just jumping. Makes a huge difference :D
edit: that was on my crappy little transformer laptop with a few other programs open, so don't worry, it isn't actually that laggy.

Since you guys are the ones that will use the mod, I decided to get your input:
The copy-paste thing also works with the fullscreen map. (gif above)
But, you can't drag the map around while the "Awesome Beta UI" is active because it selects a part of the map instead... (Just like F1)

How should I make the map drag-able? Ctrl + Drag? A button to disable the selection?

Since you guys are the ones that will use the mod, I decided to get your input:
The copy-paste thing also works with the fullscreen map. (gif above)
But, you can't drag the map around while the "Awesome Beta UI" is active because it selects a part of the map instead... (Just like F1)

How should I make the map drag-able? Ctrl + Drag? A button to disable the selection?

Awesome, when can I get my hands on the latest??? drooling for the copy and paste lol

Hey guys. No status updates for a while as I haven't touched the mod. School starts tomorrow and I've been doing some other real-life things and just haven't had time.

Since adding all the buttons may take a while, I'm considering the possibility of releasing an unfinished beta of the mod in its current state. Over time I'll gradually add them in. It shouldn't take too long, but since it's been a while since a release there are a couple of critical-ish bugixes that are bettter off fixed. What do you think? Please note that there aren't any gamebreaking bugs with the hotbar that I know of, so it's not a broken crashy beta, just an unfinished one.

Also, I've been sitting on the code for a texture customizer for a while now (think TCCL update for 1.3), so I'd like to clean that up and release it before I get into the thick of things. That will probably take a few days, but once it's out it'll stay as a small mod and won't have major updates. I won't be updating it as actively as Mechmod.

Small ui suggestion: in copy and paste mode, showing the x and y (tile, not pixel) coordinate your mouse is hovering over would be useful. It would make precise copy and pasting less cumbersome.

Also, can you copy and paste only stuff that fits within the screen or you can copy larger regions than that?

Small ui suggestion: in copy and paste mode, showing the x and y (tile, not pixel) coordinate your mouse is hovering over would be useful. It would make precise copy and pasting less cumbersome.

Also, can you copy and paste only stuff that fits within the screen or you can copy larger regions than that?

Great idea! :D
Yes, you can paste stuff of any size anywhere. (Just make sure that you don't try to paste stuff out of the map)

If your copy and paste feature could handle target dummies correctly, it would give it one valuable advantage over the tedit copy and paste.

Well, since were in 1.3 that would be quite valuable, but I'm afraid in 1.3.1 logic gates will replace dummies completely making them obsolete. Kinda sad I think, unless they give them a small limitation like a 1 frame delay/cooldown so that dummies are faster, but I'm doubtful that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom