PC [Project] Monster/Player Proof House Entrance

spasematt

Terrarian
Keeping you're house safe from most monsters is pretty easy, just use an actuated wall. But keeping it safe from other players? That's more of a challenge. However, there is a way...

So lets start with a simple underground house like this one:
0NNJK7V.png

Obviously there is no way to get into the house, but that's what i'm here to fix. Using a method of engaging a hoik that involves using momentum to force yourself into a side hoik, you can make a monster-proof, and mostly player-proof house.

This is the rough design I've come up with in my testing world:
y7dKfZU.png

It uses a badly executed side hoik-into-down hoik method of entering the house, and a one-way wall to exit. To enter the house, run at full speed (with lightning/frostspark boots), on top of the hoik while holding down. You will engage into the hoik, and enter the house like so:
TM57bnQ.png)

lOz3XeJ.gif

This is only a basic prototype of the final product, and I need YOUR help and opinions to make it better. Reply to this thread with any ideas or suggestions you might have.

Thanks,
Spasematt

Keeping you're house safe from most monsters is pretty easy, just use an actuated wall. But keeping it safe from other players? That's more of a challenge. However, there is a way...

So lets start with a simple underground house like this one:
0NNJK7V.png

Obviously there is no way to get into the house, but that's what i'm here to fix. Using a method of engaging a hoik that involves using momentum to force yourself into a side hoik, you can make a monster-proof, and mostly player-proof house.

This is the rough design I've come up with in my testing world:
y7dKfZU.png

It uses a badly executed side hoik-into-down hoik method of entering the house, and a one-way wall to exit. To enter the house, run at full speed (with lightning/frostspark boots), on top of the hoik while holding down. You will engage into the hoik, and enter the house like so:
TM57bnQ.png)

lOz3XeJ.gif

This is only a basic prototype of the final product, and I need YOUR help and opinions to make it better. Reply to this thread with any ideas or suggestions you might have.

Thanks,
Spasematt

I quess you could make a super simple password lock by making a small box the size of a player with a two block high hole in it. You cant enter the box but you can place statues there. You need a statue spawning a two high mob like a crab. You activate the statue and the crab walks through the hole and activates a pressure plate. This opens a gate.
Of course this simple password lock is easy to crack. But you do need to have a statue with you. Not many players take there statues everywhere they go. There are better password related player proofing designs but im a bit of a noob.

I quess you could make a super simple password lock by making a small box the size of a player with a two block high hole in it. You cant enter the box but you can place statues there. You need a statue spawning a two high mob like a crab. You activate the statue and the crab walks through the hole and activates a pressure plate. This opens a gate.
Of course this simple password lock is easy to crack. But you do need to have a statue with you. Not many players take there statues everywhere they go. There are better password related player proofing designs but im a bit of a noob.
I'm kind of new to t-mec and wiring in general but I think you might be able to make a fully wire based password system if you used different logic gates. Like an extremely rough example would be 3 switches and 2 of them turn on lamps above an "and" gate.

Interesting, I had no idea you could mount a hoik that way. Is that unknown factor what makes it player proof?
Yes, but i forgot to add that if you add a bubble and lava to the part where you enter the down-hoik, then only players with a lava charm/lava waders can enter.
[doublepost=1500601597,1500600902][/doublepost]
I'm kind of new to t-mec and wiring in general but I think you might be able to make a fully wire based password system if you used different logic gates. Like an extremely rough example would be 3 switches and 2 of them turn on lamps above an "and" gate.
I'm more interested in designs utilising simple hoiks rather than complicated wiring. The door could also be used as an anti hoik-noob entrance.

So all you need is a lava charm/lava waders and you can enter. I got to say, it's not the best system, but it sure is different. LOL! `:D

So all you need is a lava charm/lava waders and you can enter. I got to say, it's not the best system, but it sure is different. LOL! `:D
I intended it as more of a proof of concept of a way to use the method of hoik engagement which i'm now calling "momentum engagement".

-EDIT- Not sure if that term has already been coined, but i'm coining it now. LOL.

Off topic but does anyone know an easy way to record short videos/pictures so I can put them on here if i want??

Off topic but does anyone know an easy way to record short videos/pictures so I can put them on here if i want??
The Group Guidelines link under the T-MEC logo at the home page for this social forum should have everything you need to know about adding gifs, images and media to your posts.

What definition of "player-proof" are you using, exactly? Because no matter whether or not they can figure out how to engage the hoik/enter the password/whatever, it's not going to stop someone who just mines out a new entrance or teleports in with a Rod of Discord.

What definition of "player-proof" are you using, exactly? Because no matter whether or not they can figure out how to engage the hoik/enter the password/whatever, it's not going to stop someone who just mines out a new entrance or teleports in with a Rod of Discord.
Like I said before, it's more of a proof of concept for momentum engagement, and we're assuming that you are on a server with anti grief/honour system.
[doublepost=1500640803,1500640186][/doublepost]I obviously came at this the wrong way, so i'm going to post a new thread as a showcase for momentum engagement. Hope to see you there!

Like I said before, it's more of a proof of concept for momentum engagement, and we're assuming that you are on a server with anti grief/honour system.
[doublepost=1500640803,1500640186][/doublepost]I obviously came at this the wrong way, so i'm going to post a new thread as a showcase for momentum engagement. Hope to see you there!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Of course any player can get into anything with the right pickaxe. But if it was a password protected door they would have to know it to get in or use a pickaxe, which they might not be able to on a server with anti grief.

Back
Top Bottom