tModLoader Project Nine - Expanding Vanilla

Athrisir

Terrarian
New Piskel (8).png

Current Version: v0.9.0.2​

Welcome to Project Nine! This is a mostly solo mod I've been making in my slim amounts of free time the last month and a half. You've probably seen a few sprites posted here and there, and I'm pleased to announce that the mod is finally completed!

So what does the mod add?
Project Nine aims to expand the base game of Terraria by filling gaps that I see in the game. It may not have as much content as other content mods here, but that's because it's less of a new game and more of an add-on. The release version adds seven total gear sets with an eighth one planned (aka I ran out of ideas and need more time to think rip), and these sets range from a few weapons to armor and tools as well. All of these armors are based around multiclassing, similar to the Frost and Forbidden sets. My eventual goal is to introduce new biomes and custom tiers beyond the Moon Lord, but that's a long ways off for now!

So, without further ado, here's a list of the sets and how you can obtain them. I'll leave the stats as a mystery, because I find things more fun when I discover them myself!
Coralite
Coralite is an ore found buried in the sand and encrusted on the enemies of the ocean. It's quite sturdy and is useful for melee and ranged weaponry, but lacks the arcane energy needed to make magical gear.
Coralite.png
CoraliteRapier.png
CoraliteBow.png

Deadlord
The Deadlord set is made of metal scraps left behind by a cursed demon sword. There's not much you can do with it for bows and guns, but the material is excellent in blades and magical weapons. If you combine a gold or platinum broadsword with some bones and Hellstone bars, you just might be able to bring this demon to your world...
CursedBlade.png
CursedKnife.png

Cloudsilk
Coming soon!
Magmite
Magmite is a molten material found deep underground. While it's not quite as hot as Hellstone, it's still a very powerful material. You can use this ore to create melee and magic gear.
MagmiteOre.png
MagmiteBar.png
MagmiteGreatsword.png
MagmiteScepter.png
MagmiteHeadgear.png
MagmiteChestplate.png
MagmiteLeggings.png

Astralite
While Wyverns are generally unremarkable, a few carry a treasure known as an Astralite Crystal. This crystal can be used to craft advanced guns and magical staves, and is highly valued among traders.
AstraliteCrystal.png
AstraliteStaff.png
AstralitePistol.png
AstraliteMask.png
AstraliteChestplate.png
AstraliteLeggings.png
Now here's where we get to the fun stuff.

Glacite
Glacite is a rare material that is formed when ice fuses with metals. It's very hard and posseses strong arcane energy, making it great for swords and magic weapons.
GlaciteCrystal.png
GlaciteBar.png
GlaciteBlade.png
GlaciteStaff.png
GlacitePickaxe.png
GlaciteAxe.png
GlaciteHeadgear.png
GlaciteFrostplate.png
GlaciteLeggings.png

Apoclite
Apoclite is a highly dangerous and unstable material found deep below the surface of the world. Due to it's explosive properties, it's commonly used in ranged and magical weaponry. You'll need an Apoclite anvil to craft all of the post-Plantera gear.
ApocliteShard.png
ApocliteCrystal.png
ApocliteAnvil.png
ApocliteBlaster.png
ApocliteScepter.png

Galaxium
Galaxium is an incredibly rare material not found in our world. The only way to obtain it is to summon the Rift Wurm, a beast from another dimension, and bring it down. Their world is much more advanced than ours, so this material can make some very powerful melee and ranged weapons. You can craft the summon item with Apoclite Crystals and Spectre Bars.
GalaxiumBar.png
GalaxiumSaber.png
GalaxiumPistol.png
GalaxiumPick.png
GalaxiumWaraxe.png
GalaxiumMask.png
GalaxiumChestplate.png
GalaxiumLeggings.png

You can tell just by looking at the sprites what sets were made earlier on lmao

And of course, here's the download!

If you want to stay in the loop and hear all the news before anyone else, consider joining our Discord server as well!

Credits
No mod is complete without a team! I'd like to give a shout-out to these people for helping to make this mod possible:

Main Team

• @Giga - Mod creator, lead developer and spriter
  • @Caseratis - Developer, QA
Special Thanks
  • @KittyKitCatCat for helping me fix the abomination that was Kingsbane's AI
  • EndK on Newgrounds for letting me use his music
  • The tModLoader team for creating tModLoader
  • Re-Logic for creating Terraria
  • The TML and TPA Discord servers for helping me fix my awful code and sprites
  • And of course all of you for supporting me!
Music
Do you like the music? Consider checking out the artist and downloading it here!

v0.9.0.2 - Several bug fixes. (9/11/18)
-Cursed Knife is no longer consumable
-Magmite Chestplate now properly increases melee damage by 15% instead of 1500%
-Astralite Mask now properly increases mana
-Magmite Greatsword is now the proper rarity
-Fixed Glacite Blade not being craftable

v0.9.0.1 - Hotfix. Uploaded to mod browser and reduced file size. (9/10/18)

v0.9.0 - Initial beta release. v1.0 will be coming soon with armors for Apoclite, Deadlord, and Coralite sets. (9/9/18)

Hey you! Interested in joining the team? Shoot me a message and I'll see if you're a good fit!

Last edited:
Dropping a quick but necessary patch to address a few bugs that I've come across...

Project IX v0.9.0.2

-Cursed Knife is no longer consumable
-Magmite Chestplate now properly increases melee damage by 15% instead of 1500%
-Astralite Mask now properly increases mana
-Magmite Greatsword is now the proper rarity
-Fixed Glacite Blade not being craftable

Download is available on the Mod Browser or from this link.

You still working on this? Ive tried to contact you on discord. It's also been a while since I've heard anything from you regarding Project IX.

You still working on this? Ive tried to contact you on discord. It's also been a while since I've heard anything from you regarding Project IX.
Oh my god, I’m so sorry I forgot to get back to you. I’ve been taking a small break mostly due to school and all that starting back up, but I’ll add you to the GitHub the minute I get home.

Oh my god, I’m so sorry I forgot to get back to you. I’ve been taking a small break mostly due to school and all that starting back up, but I’ll add you to the GitHub the minute I get home.
Alright cool. Also make sure to push the code you have on your PC to the main one on github because the last time I checked the code was outdated.

Back
Top Bottom