tModLoader ProjectB(ee) Resource producing bees

Chromium

Terrarian
This mods purpose is to entice the player to manage a bee farm (sorta). Effectively breaking the respective block will give you the respective bee, for example, if a player breaks copper they have a 1/100 chance to receive a copper bee. However, the bee is useless unless the player has a hive which can be crafted with. Furthermore, each bee is balanced to its output so if its copper it genuinely has a higher output of copper than say a gold bee wold. Currently, there are 6 obtainable bees available for the player to test this includes. I'm willing to add any suggested in the comments (within reason).

Generic.png Generic Generic.png
Copper.png Copper Copper.png
Iron.png Iron Iron.png
Gold.png Gold Gold.png
Glowing.png Glowing Glowing.png
Star.png Star Star.png

10x Honey Bottled
10x beeswax
100x Wood
4x Iron Bar
at a Sawmill
Hive.png Hive Hive.png

This is a very unique looking mod, its like a cool alternative for ore seeds. Nice idea's and im curious as to what you are going to turn this into.

Sounds cool! Maybe you could also add some new bees that spawn naturally, like copper bees spawn near copper ore, and drop copper ore and bees. Also, maybe a new beekeeper armor set? Just some ideas for you. I like it though!

i like the idea of giving more bees to the player, some possible suggestions:

1. bees spawn on their respective biome and depth, in breakable nests found near the ore sources, they would be catched with a bug net/golden bug net and would work as a consumable for the following point.

2. beehives act like an interactable furniture, right clicking one with a bee on hand will set up a colony of that specific type of bee. once set up the beehive would act as a source of honey so you could fill bottles or a bucket with it (acts like a crafting station when standing near it for the bottles, right click with an empty bucket to harvest honey).

3. all bees produce honey that way, however, after every set amount of time they will spawn 1 unit of their specific resource for you to gather.

4. i dont think stars really need a bee, they can be easily farmed lategame when you can run across large stretches of the map via wings/mounts/running. however, heart and mana bees could be a good replacement (produce heart crystals and mana stars).

5. ichor, cursed flame, crystal and ectoplasmic bees could be the hardmode option

7. lategame ectoplasmic bees could be upgraded with celestial pieces to make vortex, nebula, solar and stardust bees which could serve as a constant source of celestial pieces without having to do the lunar events all over again

Undate it please to the latest version of the loader because it looks unique and I want to have it in my modpack.

author hasn't been online since he made this post, I think it's safe to say the mod is dead

Also, please don't necro a dead thread
Hi there @IDGCaptainRussia, “necroing” old threads is not against these forum’s rules, as long as relevant content is posted. Please stop telling other members what to do. I see that you’ve been doing this in a couple different spots. I can understand that it may be frustrating for you if an old mod thread is brought up, but it is allowed.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m happy to discuss this further. Send me a private message by clicking ‘Start a Conversation’ under my avatar at the bottom. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom