tModLoader Prop Hunt

Vira

Terrarian
My first mod, the Prop Hunt mod, is now released!

icon.png

Download it here

Turn into furniture, run around and hide from your friends as they try to find out where you are. Use the prop hunt wand to transform into furniture by clicking on them when you are in close range.

Make the prop hunt wand with 3 pieces of wood (any wood!) and a chest (any chest!) and you can start transforming into furniture and some other items (like sunflowers!).

Left click to use the wand, you can change from 1 furniture to another without breaking your disguise. Right click to undo the transformation.

Note: Refrain from transforming into animated furniture, you don't animate! So others can tell that you are a fake since your transformation isn't animating. So refrain from turning into extractinators, autohammers and anything similar to that!

There may be bugs that I did not manage to catch, please let me know if you find any!

PropHunt.gif

PropHunt-Server.gif

- Players can no longer transform into platforms

- Entering a single player world no longer causes HUD to vanish entirely.
- Entering a server with an already transformed player no longer shows the player without transformation. If someone is already transformed, new players joining in will now see them as transformed.

- Using the Prop Hunt wand multiple times no longer causes pieces of UI to slowly disappear

- Healthbars and mouseover texts (Mousing over another player will show "Name of player: HP/HP") disappear when someone in the world is transformed so it is harder to find them now

- Mod is now server compatible, previously the appearance change for each player was only client side. Now everybody can see your new look

- Fixed up minor issues with mod icon on mod browser

- Released Mod

Last edited:
That's actually so neat. Multiplayer prop hunt games would be awesome, and it's just a pretty cool mod to use with friends on too. Just wait till I start hosting terraria games just to turn into an ancient manipulator and chase em down. Love it

This mod is awesome. I think, that it will be very fun to use.
However, download link on this page doesn't work for me, and I can't download this through mod browser as well. It tells, that the page isn't found on github.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to use this mod and set up a session of Prop Hunt with some friends, but I *can't download it!* Someone ping me when it's available.

I would LOVE to use this mod and set up a session of Prop Hunt with some friends, but I *can't download it!* Someone ping me when it's available.
This mod is awesome. I think, that it will be very fun to use.
However, download link on this page doesn't work for me, and I can't download this through mod browser as well. It tells, that the page isn't found on github.

For those who can't download from the link, please try again! I changed the permissions so it theoretically should work now.

0.1.3 done, fixed major issues with the mod in multiplayer where the character transforming can only see his transformation on his own screen! Whoops!

Now the object you transform into can be seen by everybody! Or can't be, depending on how well you hide and blend in with the background!

Additional ping since you will probably want the most updated version of this. The previous version had a major issue with it where it just didn't work in multiplayer.

Hi, I have a bug/issue where this mod specifically makes all of my HUD disappear, even my mouse cursor so I have to manually close down the TMOD loader every time if I log into a world with this mod, since i cant see anything except for the world and my character. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but thank you if you fix it!! its a super cool mod, and maybe one of my favorite mods.

Hi, I have a bug/issue where this mod specifically makes all of my HUD disappear, even my mouse cursor so I have to manually close down the TMOD loader every time if I log into a world with this mod, since i cant see anything except for the world and my character. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but thank you if you fix it!! its a super cool mod, and maybe one of my favorite mods.
Thanks for the notice and the support! I launched 0.1.5 a minute ago and this issue should be fixed in there!

Hey there chief, I have just installed v 0.1.5 and I am also having the HUD vanishing issue. Good luck with the mod, awesome concept!

Love every second of this, now I need a gun that damages you if you don't hit an enemy for the whole package

Back
Top Bottom