Game Mechanics Providing a damage debuff to Cursed Inferno

What should the Cursed Jawbone do?

• Total voters
Honestly, this suggested change to Cursed Flames is actually quite a nice counterpart to Ichor's def reduction. The only issue I have is this'll make getting an Optic Staff that much harder to get. :p

Also: Lovin the accessory. Bosses are really the only things that tend to last long enough to make it relevant, though, and most have immunities.

Totally needed I think all the fire debuffs direly need a buff. (GREAT PUN HAHAHAHHAH). Shouldn't the Jawbone drop from all of the enemies in the pre-hardmode Dungeon? I mean you don't get any good drops from all of them.

Cmon' you cant call an item cursed without it hurting you a little, and if it allows for infinite debuffs on enemies, how about it extends the duration of debuffs on you for 20% or so?

Cmon' you cant call an item cursed without it hurting you a little, and if it allows for infinite debuffs on enemies, how about it extends the duration of debuffs on you for 20% or so?
Yes, I can. I can use the word "cursed" in the name without forcing it to penalize the player directly, something that no accessory in the game currently does. Except for developer wings, which you shouldn't have.

Totally unnecessary for balance, and even if I were to add that, that's still a difference of just one or two seconds, which would rarely be relevant. I'll make adjustments for the sake of balance, but not for the sake of flavor.

Yes, I can. I can use the word "cursed" in the name without forcing it to penalize the player directly, something that no accessory in the game currently does. Except for developer wings, which you shouldn't have.

Totally unnecessary for balance, and even if I were to add that, that's still a difference of just one or two seconds, which would rarely be relevant. I'll make adjustments for the sake of balance, but not for the sake of flavor.

Well I uh... *Cough*
Fair enough.

EDIT: Just to add something to make this comment actually worth something. I think that maybe some accessories, or amour and weapons even, should have negatives to balance out powerful abilities, or synergize with other items (like something that sets you on fire working with something else that becomes more powerful when you're on fire). The points you've made are valid, and the way I said it needed to be tied to an item being "cursed" was questionable at best, but thought I'd give my two cents.

Last edited:
This reminds me of Tork's main attack in Darkspore, where it would last forever. Needless to say it was taken out and given a limit.

I love the Cursed Jawbone and it isn't even in the game, infinite Cursed Flame? Watching the enemy burn green for eternity.

I love the Cursed Jawbone and it isn't even in the game, infinite Cursed Flame? Watching the enemy burn green for eternity.
"Debuffs inflicted by the player have no time limit."
This means ALL debuffs, not just cursed flames. That means you can kite-cheat every enemy over time.

"Debuffs inflicted by the player have no time limit."
This means ALL debuffs, not just cursed flames. That means you can kite-cheat every enemy over time.
I read the post. What if cursed flames is just ny favorite debuff?

Revisiting this thread after a long time, I considered that the Cursed Jawbone could be a functional major change to the playstyle a user chooses. With debuffs doing a lot of the work for the player, they are free to devote more time to dodging.

Not a suggestion, just the thoughts I had!

Back
Top Bottom