PS3 & PS4 Saved Data Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sweet, can i ask one question ? Its possible if you can make something to put the ps3 save (character / worlds) compatible with pc? (remove bads things like ps3 exclusives and keep only what is compatible with pc) ?

Because I have play terraria one years on my ps3 and Its sad for me to restart all in pc .-.

Well Im going to send you my save latter anyway (sorry for my english)
By no means am I in a position to say if Pipeworks or Re-Logic is going to add functionality for cross-compatible saves later on, but by default (meaning with no specific effort from the side of Pipeworks or Re-Logic to make that possible) it's highly unlikely that it would work, considering the internal, architectural differences between the two versions.

I'm pretty sure the functionality of this app will be replaced by the in-game mini-map, so it will be redundant once 1.3 is released.

Since everything on the console side has been rewritten from the ground up, the app will be non-functional, and there's no real reason to update it.

I suppose that if some people choose to NOT upgrade to 1.3, they can continue using the app.
(note: the app does not (and never did) work for last-gen consoles)

the app never worked with my ps4 at all and had everything setup right. I know there's a online resource that can read the world maps and display the entire thing as visible on pc which was useful in locating hives etc. That was my pondering as I thought the companion app did the same?

P.s. Save data sent. Enjoy the chaos of 3 kids n dad lol

I do not have PS3/PS4. To provide save file transfer for upgrade, I just wanna said, this is a very kind service.

I can not find any where else in the gaming world to provide such hearth warming act to its game fans.

Thumb-up x 10000000.:dryadgrin::dryadpassionate:

This has nothing to do with Xbox 1 right do we have to save data like this too
[doublepost=1498802887,1498802852][/doublepost]Nvm found it

Good day, Terrarians!

Everyone here at Pipeworks is working incredibly hard to bring you the best update possible. It’s of vital importance to us that your saved data transfers over to the new update.

In order for us to do some additional testing we’d like to secure some saved game data from the community. It’s also important to note that the PS3 will not be receiving 1.3. This is for anyone looking to upgrade from PS3 to PS4

Note: This is specifically for PS3 & PS4 saved data. We are handling Xbox data internally.

You can find instructions on how to submit saved data to us below.

Insert a formatted USB stick into any open USB port on your console. For each console, follow these instructions, where ‘save data’ means your Terraria saves:

PS3: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/copysavedata.html
PS4: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html

Once your save data is copied to the USB drive, insert the drive into your PC. Take the ‘PS4’ folder and compress it using your favorite file compression program.

Go to https://wetransfer.com/. Follow the on-screen interface to attach the save game file for transfer. Enter [email protected] as the destination address.

One last thing before you hit “Transfer,” please include your email address in the message field so we can confirm the details of your world are showing up as expected. If you feel like attaching some pictures of the way your world looked the last time you loaded it that would be useful!

Thanks for your support! We’re working to make this console Terraria patch the best one yet!
What about Xbox Terrarians?What do you mean by "handling Xbox data internally?

Oh....i remember being trapped on Terraria console edition. Not saying its bad but PC is much better.

Personal opinion, not really helpful to the PS3/PS4 save data transfer

On a side note: Do PipeWorks not own a PS3 - PS4 to test this themselves? Or was it easier to have a user submit their own work vs spending a couple of hours building in / duping / creating PS3 worlds? That could've been a good stream to watch imo :)

They have a ps4 I know that much from viewing the videos. Since the old version isn't running on the same engine as 1.3 will be they are ensuring things transition thru proper along with other things possibly related to seed generation, items, etc.

That's partially what's been said but also partially knowing bug testing myself.

There is gamefaqs that has a ps3 savegame area if I recall for Terraria.

Pretty sure Diablo 3 had a transition to ps4 also but it required uploading to their server then go to ps4 and pull it using the same account... Never used it myself but it was overly complex for what I thought was a simple process.

Personal opinion, not really helpful to the PS3/PS4 save data transfer

On a side note: Do PipeWorks not own a PS3 - PS4 to test this themselves? Or was it easier to have a user submit their own work vs spending a couple of hours building in / duping / creating PS3 worlds? That could've been a good stream to watch imo :)
They absolutely do have PS4's (and probably PS3's) - I think their livestreams are done on PS4, and people (forum members) have joined in at times.
They have to have PS4 devkits just to develop games for PS4's.

Having more test cases, and test cases that they didn't generate themselves, is a better test for them and better assurance for customers.

As for XBox, I have no idea about that. The console manufacturers seem to really not want data sharing to happen outside their control.

So does this mean the update will wipe out our previous worlds?
I think that is what you guys said before, but I could be wrong.

Also, how will we transfer character data?

Also also, thank all of you for taking your time on this update!

Also also also, when will the update come out?

So does this mean the update will wipe out our previous worlds?
I think that is what you guys said before, but I could be wrong.
No, the reason they are going through this process is to help ensure that none of your previous game data is lost.

Also, how will we transfer character data?
Pretty sure that gets transferred in this process as well. Character data files are much less complex than worlds, I believe.

This process isn't intended to convert your data for you, it's to ensure that the update will reliably read and use the data you already have. People who don't send their game save data should also be able to continue using their game save data.

Also also, thank all of you for taking your time on this update!

Also also also, when will the update come out?
As always, it will come out when it is ready for release.

How close are we to get 1.3 for Console and Mobile? Was it between June and September? If so a can see cellphones blowing up once the Moon Lord spawns.:D

So this seems like it would be one of the last steps so thats good. I also just blow up all my worlds with a friend since im just going to start from scratch with this update

Hey guys,

Thanks for the outpouring of support! Please keep the saves coming, pictures are super useful (especially of chest contents/inventory/equipped items), but it's good to be able to check all kinds of worlds and characters.

PS: Your worlds look really cool.

Have a great weekend!

-Zach

the app never worked with my ps4 at all and had everything setup right. I know there's a online resource that can read the world maps and display the entire thing as visible on pc which was useful in locating hives etc. That was my pondering as I thought the companion app did the same?

P.s. Save data sent. Enjoy the chaos of 3 kids n dad lol
Well you didn't try very hard because Borderlands: the Handsome Collection allowed you to download PS3 Cross-Saves... lol
They were even generous enough to let you keep hacked items for some reason!

Well you didn't try very hard because Borderlands: the Handsome Collection allowed you to download PS3 Cross-Saves... lol
They were even generous enough to let you keep hacked items for some reason!

what does this have to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom