Resolved [PS3] pumpkin moon ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gear exactly do you have? Setting up traps is highly recommended. So is having at least one person with spectre armor.

What gear exactly do you have? Setting up traps is highly recommended. So is having at least one person with spectre armor.
i have the specter armour but im trying to take more of a meelevapproach so their le armour ,terra blade,and the vampire knives as of right n ow sorry turtle armour

Try to get Turtle or (preferable) Dragon armor and a Paladins Hammer. Make a flat area of land and outfit it with some traps.

Find a desert, level it out, make a pit in the center and fill it with traps. Have a platform about 10 blocks up and the pit at least 10 deep, make sure it's open at the top so mourning woods fall in. Campfires and heart lanterns, honey if you want it. Get Dragon and damaging accessories, defense won't do you any good, menacing or lucky prefixes on all accessories (best to choose one for all of them).

I do a trick with teleporters to force mobs into the pit but that's optional.

Find a desert, level it out, make a pit in the center and fill it with traps. Have a platform about 10 blocks up and the pit at least 10 deep, make sure it's open at the top so mourning woods fall in. Campfires and heart lanterns, honey if you want it. Get Dragon and damaging accessories, defense won't do you any good, menacing or lucky prefixes on all accessories (best to choose one for all of them).

I do a trick with teleporters to force mobs into the pit but that's optional.
now my only trouble is traps though

I used spiky ball traps. Then I was told to get spear traps instead. And I have to rebuild my BFG 72. Its nothing but 72 Advanced Dart Traps on a bird engine timer. A couple fire traps on a 1-second timer cant hurt. Like OP, I use Vamp Knives for healing, and Paladin Hammer for pain. I cant get past Wave 14. Am I way off base here? Sometimes I even DIE.

I used spiky ball traps. Then I was told to get spear traps instead. And I have to rebuild my BFG 72. Its nothing but 72 Advanced Dart Traps on a bird engine timer. A couple fire traps on a 1-second timer cant hurt. Like OP, I use Vamp Knives for healing, and Paladin Hammer for pain. I cant get past Wave 14. Am I way off base here? Sometimes I even DIE.
Vamp knives just can't heal you fast enough in my experience.

Vamp knives just can't heal you fast enough in my experience.
That is how I die. I think I have all the magic weapons (the relevant ones, no Sapphire Staff or any nonsense). What is a good setup? I have no shortage of potion ingredients either.

That is how I die. I think I have all the magic weapons (the relevant ones, no Sapphire Staff or any nonsense). What is a good setup? I have no shortage of potion ingredients either.
Heat ray is great for the initial rounds where you're just wiping out ground mobs. If you build an arena like I described in an earlier post on this thread they'll all be nice and level for you. Oh I forgot to add that it's a good idea to build a floating spawn point way up above your arena or one with a teleporter right to it. Magnet sphere is good if you don't have a spectre staff, rainbow gun is useful ish, inferno fork is awesome, especially when the pumpking just stands in place floating above you, or mourning woods below you. Have the staff of frost hydra, and the nimbus rod is a must for constant damage = constant healing. Your accessories should all be about damage, if you can manage it have them all be Lucky, because getting crits every other attack is insane amounts of damage. I recommend Sorcerer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, Celestial Stone, and a pair of whatever wings suits your fancy, if you're bad at drinking mana potions then swap out either the avenger or destroyer emblems (this one increases your crit so I recommend dropping the avenger) for Either magic cuffs or a mana flower. Potions: Mana Regen, Magic Power, Well Fed buff (whatever food you want), Regen, Speed, Iron Skin, and Shine and Night owl are optionals for visibility. Focus on the Magic Power one as it will give you +20% to all magic attacks. If you want to make your life really easy then have a friend help you farm for the bat scepter and after you've got that with this set up you can practically stand in place murdering everything.

Oh. Wow. Thats a lot to try to remember. I have a bat scepter, heat ray, no frost hydra YET, I will try all of that out. I appreciate the wall of flesh text (Sorry. Typo.) and will keep at it. I want the trophies by Halloween.

Oh. Wow. Thats a lot to try to remember. I have a bat scepter, heat ray, no frost hydra YET, I will try all of that out. I appreciate the wall of flesh text (Sorry. Typo.) and will keep at it. I want the trophies by Halloween.
Weapons:
Heat Ray
Bat scepter
Staff of Frost Hydra
Nimbus Rod
(Optional: Magnet Sphere, Inferno Fork, Raven or Pygmy staffs)

Accessories
: (all lucky)
Sorcerer Emblem
Destroyer Emblem
Celestial Stone
Wings/Lightning or Frostspark Boots
Avenger Emblem/Magic Cuffs/Mana Flower

I only did that because he told me he has it. Use the Magnet Sphere or Spectre Staff instead if you don't have it. Didn't you want to do melee anyway?
I actually lost my mage gear to uhm.... someone "borrowing" and then crashing. Somewhat raged as i lost my golden shower, rainbow rod, nimbus rod, and crystal storm. Pretty sure i lot some other stuff. The rainbow rod really got me seeing as i would have to farm for another hallowed keymold. I realllllyyyyyy dont want to do that again.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414511246][/DOUBLEPOST]Also... do i know you o_O
. Didn't you want to do melee anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom