**REPORTED** [PS4] 1.4 Multiplayer Crashing

Reaver1092

Terrarian
Greetings,

I am currently running into a bug with any players on my hosted world are freezing and then crashing. Upon loading back in their items are reset along with any progress of hearts or anything like that; The host isn't affected but it seems to be any players connected to the server. Not sure if it's on auto-save or not.

I just wanted to report this on PS4 as well since I notice it seems to be happening on Xbox but thought I'd get word out there. I will be following a work-around for the time being from what I read from this thread!

Thanks! :pumpking:

Greetings,

I am currently running into a bug with any players on my hosted world are freezing and then crashing. Upon loading back in their items are reset along with any progress of hearts or anything like that; The host isn't affected but it seems to be any players connected to the server. Not sure if it's on auto-save or not.

I just wanted to report this on PS4 as well since I notice it seems to be happening on Xbox but thought I'd get word out there. I will be following a work-around for the time being from what I read from this thread!

Thanks for sharing your details @Reaver1092 - if you happen to see any pattern of what is causing the crash, that info can be helpful.

It’s big boss fights Ik bc mine keeps crashing when I’m fighting a ton of things
Thanks for the extra info @SupervisedDad - that‘s interesting as I know the devs did serious stress tests in multiplayer. Wave 15 of pumpkin moon with tons of pumpkings, fully wired traps toggling on and off, lots of projectiles, added in other bosses like destroyer and such, and it saw a dip in fps but otherwise the game worked fine.

Thanks for sharing your details @Reaver1092 - if you happen to see any pattern of what is causing the crash, that info can be helpful.
Same crash happened to me and my friends it happened randomly and our characters were reset I’d appreciate if this one got fixed Bc I don’t really like the idea of having to try to figure out a pattern while losing all my stuff to the game crashing for no reason and having it happen again, nothing specific caused it it was while we were playing exactly how we had been we were on spawn nothing even going on when it occured

Same happened to my friends and I on 3-4 person multiplayer, for me specifically happened when using a grav potion to find sky islands, and exploring underground jungle, but not during a goblin army, didn't seem to be particularly high stress crashes for us but we did have 3 people in the world at once, character also seemed to revert back to last manual save, regardless of autosave settings.

Agree. I experienced a similar crash on the PS5 with all character progress being lost. Thank goodness it was a newly created 2 hour character and not the 190 hour one.

If anyone is getting this issue is able to provide me save data of your worlds, which this is happening on, I will take a look into this for you whenever I can. Also any information about where it occurs in the world when you get a crash would be helpful

Thanks

Greetings,

Almost everytime I fight moon lord master mode, if I don’t die then 9 times out of ten my game crashes only started after the 1.4 update fix soon please.
UPDATE: I only crash when I get hit by moonlords third eye laser the big one the little ones don’t make me crash I’m Xbox btw

Last edited:
My PS5 keeps crashing when I fly past my dungeon to go towards the ocean Biome, it has crashed in the exact same spot 4 times now, I can go to the other ocean biome, just not the one past my dungeon

My PS5 keeps crashing when I fly past my dungeon to go towards the ocean Biome, it has crashed in the exact same spot 4 times now, I can go to the other ocean biome, just not the one past my dungeon
Is this occurring in an old save (1.2/1.3)?

Is this occurring in an old save (1.2/1.3)?
Hello , i have the same problem on my terraria 1.4 save , i have a corrupted ocean and most time i try to chop a tree here or walk randomly at the frontiere it crash . (Sorry for my english i'm french ) Have a nice day

Edit : in the ocean biome i never crash and can fight duc fishron i think its because of corruption we crashed .

@Angryhippo Hi, my friends have the same problem, when they are in my world in the main base, they freeze and they have to reload the game every time but it seems to occur because there are to much blocks and animations on the screen. The first time they began to freeze was when I was building a big arena so I just remove some floors of the arena and then they stopped crashing but today they sarted to crash again when we were only building a small house, they even tried to set the graphics in low and enable the wind animation, etc ( Sorry if there are grammatical errors, I'm french). Have a nice day <3

Last edited:
The same glitch happens to me and my friends but literally anything can cause it if we drop a few bombs everyone crashes. spawn in a boss 50/50 at least half of us crash before the fights done. Dig to fast crash, move to quick crash, building crash, trying to move NPC into the right room and there is another crash and each crash sends your character back to the most previous manual save I don't even care if you patch the crashes just make auto save actually work I am on ps4 if it matters

My game keeps crashing in the underworld. I’m looking for tax npc and I can’t go far enough to even have a chance to find him.

The same glitch happens to me I have a split screen world with my sister and a friend the game suddenly crashes with no apparent reason not even with a lot of mobs it happens randomly and I cant find a reason.

Recently my friends character data was damaged and we couldn’t load it back (our has world is 57 hours of game time) I say it’s because of the update of some kind of change cause we used to play (on the same console) terraria in 1.3 and we never got any errors

Hope yo can look into it (sorry for grammar I’m Spanish)

Thanks

(The console we play in is a ps4 pro)

Back
Top Bottom