Resolved [PS4] A Knight In Shining Armors Achievement Broken? Please Help

MikeToTheE

Terrarian
Anyone please help if you can I'm not entirely sure if this achievement is broken or whats going on with it but...after many guides and after many videos I have been told that there are certain armors and items that are but also not necessary to the achievement. I got all the ones that were deemed necessary in most guides and videos however...no achievement. But all of them say I don't need the rain coat one or the eskimo or any like the angler that its not required. I even have the Night Vision Helmet, Viking Helmet, Gi, Diving Helmet, Goggles, Bucket, Ninja Suit, Forbidden Armor Set too. I can easily get the eskimo pants yet for the pink outfit of it but I guess I'm just wanting confirmation is that if its absolutely necessary to get the angler and eskimo and the ancient shadow armor ect to make this work? Please help am very stuck and confused and frustrated with this.

Anyone please help if you can I'm not entirely sure if this achievement is broken or whats going on with it but...after many guides and after many videos I have been told that there are certain armors and items that are but also not necessary to the achievement. I got all the ones that were deemed necessary in most guides and videos however...no achievement. But all of them say I don't need the rain coat one or the eskimo or any like the angler that its not required. I even have the Night Vision Helmet, Viking Helmet, Gi, Diving Helmet, Goggles, Bucket, Ninja Suit, Forbidden Armor Set too. I can easily get the eskimo pants yet for the pink outfit of it but I guess I'm just wanting confirmation is that if its absolutely necessary to get the angler and eskimo and the ancient shadow armor ect to make this work? Please help am very stuck and confused and frustrated with this.
Hi there @MikeToTheE, as is much the case with console achievements, there is a bit of the unknown. I’m not 100% sure of exactly which armors are needed for the achievement and which are considered not necessary. Plus the fact, that even if you have them all, achievements have always been finicky.

But I do know that almost without fail, what has made the achievement pop for those that are having trouble is normally either a) taking all their armors to a new world, b) finding that last piece that you actually did need but were missing, or c) both. So, is the achievement bugged, no. Is it super frustrating and seem not to pop when it should, yes.

I know that might not be too helpful, and I really wish I had a definite list of the armors from the devs. All I can do is suggest what I have in the past:
  • Try taking all the armors you have to a new world and put them all on.
  • If that doesn’t do it, post a screenshot/list of what armors you do have. Then you can try to get the the other armors that may or may not be necessary (which is frustrating to do extra work that might not be needed, I know).
I know you were checking in on other threads on this topic. Here is another one in case you haven’t seen it which might have some info for you. Resolved - [PS4] A Knight in Shining Armours bug?

Hi there @MikeToTheE, as is much the case with console achievements, there is a bit of the unknown. I’m not 100% sure of exactly which armors are needed for the achievement and which are considered not necessary. Plus the fact, that even if you have them all, achievements have always been finicky.

But I do know that almost without fail, what has made the achievement pop for those that are having trouble is normally either a) taking all their armors to a new world, b) finding that last piece that you actually did need but were missing, or c) both. So, is the achievement bugged, no. Is it super frustrating and seem not to pop when it should, yes.

I know that might not be too helpful, and I really wish I had a definite list of the armors from the devs. All I can do is suggest what I have in the past:
  • Try taking all the armors you have to a new world and put them all on.
  • If that doesn’t do it, post a screenshot/list of what armors you do have. Then you can try to get the the other armors that may or may not be necessary (which is frustrating to do extra work that might not be needed, I know).
I know you were checking in on other threads on this topic. Here is another one in case you haven’t seen it which might have some info for you. Resolved - [PS4] A Knight in Shining Armours bug?
With the armors, I think the only one I need to get which I'm currently working on right now currently is the angler armor. I do believe I have everything else I possibly could get even from the dropped ones like Ancient Shadow and Ancient Cobalt, Forbidden ect including the odd ball ones like diving helmet and even just got the eskimo pink and blue (ice climbers reference?) and many more. Am wondering if the Dev Armors is another or the Armors from the Old Ones Army (which I can get no problem I haven't lost a match on that yet) and I think I got most if not ALL dev armors but I think they are mostly vanity. I been starting to wonder with this quest that if this knight in shining armors might also have to be worn as a vanity and not just armor? The only reason I suspect this is considering it is called a Knight In Shining Armors I'm wondering if you have to wear it like a vanity as well considering armor is considered "flashy" in a sense (my logic on this) but so far I think the only thing I need left is the Angler Armor I'm working on his fishing quests currently now. In the mean time of waiting out the quest times when finished (can only do 1 a day) I managed to get a hold of the I'm Smelting Achievement so now I am just this 1 achievement away from the Completionist! Achievement the Platinum Trophy. If I figure out something on this and maybe if vanity is required and not just armor I will let you know cause I have equipped everything but the angler armor and the others I havent put on vanity necessarily yet. But before I try vanity I just think common sense enough I might need the angler armor. However if both of these options do not work I plan to try a few more ideas. Doing the dev armors, the old ones army armors, and if that dont work along with this then what I will try to do is make a new character sprite (still keep this world I have since I made a new one for this reason) and try redoing it again and see if that makes a difference. I will keep you posted if any of these things work.

With the armors, I think the only one I need to get which I'm currently working on right now currently is the angler armor. I do believe I have everything else I possibly could get even from the dropped ones like Ancient Shadow and Ancient Cobalt, Forbidden ect including the odd ball ones like diving helmet and even just got the eskimo pink and blue (ice climbers reference?) and many more. Am wondering if the Dev Armors is another or the Armors from the Old Ones Army (which I can get no problem I haven't lost a match on that yet) and I think I got most if not ALL dev armors but I think they are mostly vanity. I been starting to wonder with this quest that if this knight in shining armors might also have to be worn as a vanity and not just armor? The only reason I suspect this is considering it is called a Knight In Shining Armors I'm wondering if you have to wear it like a vanity as well considering armor is considered "flashy" in a sense (my logic on this) but so far I think the only thing I need left is the Angler Armor I'm working on his fishing quests currently now. In the mean time of waiting out the quest times when finished (can only do 1 a day) I managed to get a hold of the I'm Smelting Achievement so now I am just this 1 achievement away from the Completionist! Achievement the Platinum Trophy. If I figure out something on this and maybe if vanity is required and not just armor I will let you know cause I have equipped everything but the angler armor and the others I havent put on vanity necessarily yet. But before I try vanity I just think common sense enough I might need the angler armor. However if both of these options do not work I plan to try a few more ideas. Doing the dev armors, the old ones army armors, and if that dont work along with this then what I will try to do is make a new character sprite (still keep this world I have since I made a new one for this reason) and try redoing it again and see if that makes a difference. I will keep you posted if any of these things work.
You don’t need dev armors or Old One’s Army armors. I do know that. There has been confirmation that the trophies for X1 and PS4 are all unlockable - they do not require content that was taken out of the game. They also do not require any new 1.3 content that was added to the game. So no new 1.3 armors (like dev or OOA armors) are needed.

You don’t need dev armors or Old One’s Army armors. I do know that. There has been confirmation that the trophies for X1 and PS4 are all unlockable - they do not require content that was taken out of the game. They also do not require any new 1.3 content that was added to the game. So no new 1.3 armors (like dev or OOA armors) are needed.
Ok Unit One so I been doing some digging and as of today I have gotten the Knight In Shining Armors Achievement including the 100% Completionist Achievement. So this is what I found out on the achievement on what you need and don't need. Now with the armors there is one thing that everyone must know. Even though if they do get all the armor for many it may seem like it's done it's not done. And I don't think you necessarily "HAVE" to equip them either like many seem to think. I made a few armors that I didn't have or equip yet and the event achievement was triggered without equipping them. I think you only need to have them at least in your inventory in your possession at least once in the game but it don't hurt to keep them in your possession even if it's in your treasure chest so I'd still keep them all in one server. One big thing I must say to anyone who does this achievement as a word to the wise. You must make not just one of the helmets for your armor set. Some of the armor sets you can create will have an option of different kinds of helmets to wear and create. My mistake in doing this quest was only getting 1 of the helmets for certain ones. The only one I'm not sure of if it counts is the ancient gold and ancient iron and the ancient necro helmets(I did get them just in case if necessary along with the full set of ancient cobalt and ancient shadow). The armors such as Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium, Hallowed, Chlorophyte, Shroomite, and Spectre have multiple helmets/masks/headgear that are also needed to be made with your set (all head gears must be present) I have talked to a few people who were having this same issue until I told them to make all head gear for each set. After they did it counted and eventually their achievement popped up. Use this listing I found to your guys help and or advantage cause this is as best as I can find for any of us needing help with this achievement. Officially this post I would say is good as resolved and maybe Unit One you can send people to this post cause this is as close as we can get to solid proof of a finding for what is needed. I hope it helps ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-47-57.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-47-57.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-48-49.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-48-49.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 1,802
  • Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-50-44.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-50-44.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-51-08.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-51-08.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 955
  • Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-51-33.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-51-33.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 959
Ok Unit One so I been doing some digging and as of today I have gotten the Knight In Shining Armors Achievement including the 100% Completionist Achievement. So this is what I found out on the achievement on what you need and don't need. Now with the armors there is one thing that everyone must know. Even though if they do get all the armor for many it may seem like it's done it's not done. And I don't think you necessarily "HAVE" to equip them either like many seem to think. I made a few armors that I didn't have or equip yet and the event achievement was triggered without equipping them. I think you only need to have them at least in your inventory in your possession at least once in the game but it don't hurt to keep them in your possession even if it's in your treasure chest so I'd still keep them all in one server. One big thing I must say to anyone who does this achievement as a word to the wise. You must make not just one of the helmets for your armor set. Some of the armor sets you can create will have an option of different kinds of helmets to wear and create. My mistake in doing this quest was only getting 1 of the helmets for certain ones. The only one I'm not sure of if it counts is the ancient gold and ancient iron and the ancient necro helmets(I did get them just in case if necessary along with the full set of ancient cobalt and ancient shadow). The armors such as Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium, Hallowed, Chlorophyte, Shroomite, and Spectre have multiple helmets/masks/headgear that are also needed to be made with your set (all head gears must be present) I have talked to a few people who were having this same issue until I told them to make all head gear for each set. After they did it counted and eventually their achievement popped up. Use this listing I found to your guys help and or advantage cause this is as best as I can find for any of us needing help with this achievement. Officially this post I would say is good as resolved and maybe Unit One you can send people to this post cause this is as close as we can get to solid proof of a finding for what is needed. I hope it helps ^_^
I'm glad it finally popped for you Mike. I knew it would just take some trial and error, but it's hard to deal with that when you're in the midst of getting all the armors and thinking you must have everything. Your charts are great. :) I would note though that 1.3 armors are not needed at all.

Back
Top Bottom