Resolved [PS4] A Knight in Shining Armours bug?

MAD_J0K3R_111

Terrarian
Hi all, first post so I'll make it quick.

I have checked both the PS4 and the Xbox One lists online against my armour sets and I 100% have them all, including the different head piece variants but no trophy? I wore them all, dropped and picked them all back up, currently have them displayed on stands but nothing seems to work. I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I assume you didn't forget the armors added in 1.3.X? There's Forbidden Armor and the eight tavernkeep armors if you didn't know about them. Also if you haven't gotten both the Ancient variants as well as the normal variants of armor that might be it.

Well the ancient variants on all sites I've found supposedly don't count but I'll farm for them along with buying the tavern keeps, really hoping that it is that simple. Thanks!

Well the ancient variants on all sites I've found supposedly don't count but I'll farm for them along with buying the tavern keeps, really hoping that it is that simple. Thanks!
Alright, I suggest you farm for the tavernkeep armors first, just in case the ancient armors aren't required. Also don't forget about Forbidden Armor!

Now, seeing as this is my first character and I'm still very new to the game, how difficult is the crystal defence event? Just so im prepared.

Now, seeing as this is my first character and I'm still very new to the game, how difficult is the crystal defence event? Just so im prepared.
It starts out only a little difficult, then gets a medium difficulty spike if one mech boss is defeated, then gets a massive difficulty spike after Golem is defeated. You will need to use the sentries sold by the tavernkeep to finish it without the crystal taking damage (unless you're on multiplayer)

Hi all, first post so I'll make it quick.

I have checked both the PS4 and the Xbox One lists online against my armour sets and I 100% have them all, including the different head piece variants but no trophy? I wore them all, dropped and picked them all back up, currently have them displayed on stands but nothing seems to work. I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there @MAD_J0K3R_111, welcome to the forums. ~:)

The achievements on console have always been a little finicky, even before the big 1.3 update. As of the 1.3 update, I can confirm the trophies for X1 and PS4 are all unlockable. They do not require content that was taken out of the game. They also do not require any new 1.3 content that was added to the game.

Something that has worked for others is bringing all the armors to a brand new world (load up your piggy bank and safe if needed). I not sure why a new world makes a difference, but it has worked enough times that I keep suggesting it.

So what you're saying is, forbidden armour and the 8 sets from the tavern keep aren't needed? I'm going to try that because it'll save me so much time from farming the DD event so get the medals and if it works then you are a life saver! Thanks!

I think I spent enough time on a newly created world to safely say that it didn't work for me, I sorted all the armour sets into my piggy bank, safe and inventory and loaded up a new world, put up some chests and dumped them all in, then tried wearing each set, nothing. At this point I feel like I'm missing something very obvious but I can't find any up-to-date lists so as far as I'm aware, I have them all.

I think I spent enough time on a newly created world to safely say that it didn't work for me, I sorted all the armour sets into my piggy bank, safe and inventory and loaded up a new world, put up some chests and dumped them all in, then tried wearing each set, nothing. At this point I feel like I'm missing something very obvious but I can't find any up-to-date lists so as far as I'm aware, I have them all.
Sorry to hear that. If you want to post pics of all the armor you have, I can look through and see if you're missing anything.

15744509903093631243658874775528.jpg

15744514032442989826094729077640.jpg

Hopefully this is clear enough (I'm sorry if it isn't), the wooden chest under Gamma contains the other variants of the helmets for the sets that have them and the stand with the forbidden armour is meant to be turtle but I'm short on shells, I don't believe it makes a difference however right? Because I made a set of turtle which is now beetle.

Pearlwood supposedly doesn't count, hence why there isn't a stand for it, I did craft it along with boreal and nothing, I can craft them again just in case but I'm not too sure it'll make a difference.

It's really hard to pin down just what is or is not needed. Some lists say the Ancient armors aren't needed, some say they are. Some say the Eskimo armor isn't needed, some list it as needed.

I ran your armors against a list from someone that DID get the achievement, and here is the difference. It may be that some of these are not needed, but if you're looking to fully complete the achievement all we can go off of is a list from someone that did get the trophy.
  • pearlwood set
  • boreal set
  • ancient iron helmet
  • ancient gold helmet
  • ancient cobalt set
  • ancient shadow set
  • ancient necro helment
  • spectre mask
  • chlorophyte helmet
  • chlorophyte headgear
  • turtle set (you said you had it before though)
  • eskimo set
  • pink eskimo set
  • angler hat
  • wizard hat
  • diving helmet
  • goggles
  • bucket
  • rain set
  • ninja pants
  • ninja shirt
Maybe start with the less grindy stuff? Sorry I don't have better news.

My original plan was to just gather every armour set, even if they are listed as not needed but with the varying lists online I went with the ones that were listed on multiple listed as needed in the hopes of saving time and here I am, I guess it's time to grind. Thanks for the list and I'll make sure to provide updates with whether the trophy pops when I finish gathering the last few items.

I did it! I got the trophy! I can confirm that:

Diving helmet
Ancient Necro set
Ancient Cobalt

Are NOT needed, I'll try it again with a new account but to get a better understanding and maybe help others going for the trophy but I'm almost 100% certain that the items on the list above by Unit One aren't needed, besides the chlorophyte head gear, spectre mask and turtle armour. I was just missing the chlorophyte variants and do feel a little dumb but it's done now, thanks everyone for the help.

Diving helmet
Ancient Necro set
Ancient Cobalt

Are NOT needed, I'll try it again with a new account but to get a better understanding and maybe help others going for the trophy but I'm almost 100% certain that the items on the list above by Unit One aren't needed, besides the chlorophyte head gear, spectre mask and turtle armour. I was just missing the chlorophyte variants and do feel a little dumb but it's done now, thanks everyone for the help.
Oh, that is good news! I'm glad to have you narrow it down too, that's super helpful.

Hey so I know this is quite a long thread of text, I have read most of it. But still don't fully understand what armour sets are required, could someone help me out. I have been trying to get this trophy for months now.

Hey so I know this is quite a long thread of text, I have read most of it. But still don't fully understand what armour sets are required, could someone help me out. I have been trying to get this trophy for months now.
There’s no confirmed list of what armors are needed. I do know for sure that the achievement does not require content that was taken out of the game. It also does not require any new 1.3 content that was added to the game.

Something that has worked for others is bringing all the armors to a brand new world (load up your piggy bank and safe if needed). I not sure why a new world makes a difference, but it has worked enough times that I keep suggesting it.

Diving helmet
Ancient Necro set
Ancient Cobalt

Hey so I have been trying to get this trophy for a while now. Could you give me a hand in listing what armour I need. Like you I have read and watched several different listings. I have everything listed but the trophy still won't pop for me

Back
Top Bottom