Resolved [PS4] Accessory modifiers questions.

fisheye11

Terrarian
I'm in my first playthrough of Terraria. It's been hardly a "blind" playthrough because I'm using the Wiki quit a bit.(there's so much to this game) I'm at the point of WoF to go into hardmode. But I'm doing so prep before that. One of the things is making sure I have my gear sorted out. I'm playing on normal in a small world. I been playing mostly and I have the accessories that I want. I have menacing on all of my accessories for as much DPS that I can do. So here's some questions.

Is full menacing good for hardmode? I know warding is great too. Or maybe I should mix menacing with lucky?

Does the cost to reforge increase in hardmode? This is why I'm asking. If I figure I want to change my modifiers, then I want to do it when it's the cheapest.

While I'm here I'll go ahead and ask another question that has to do with hardmode. Does opening crates from pre-hardmode in hardmode still net you with the new ore/bars? Smashing the alters and worrying about the new spread of crimson isn't what I really want to deal with.( I wish this mechanic was for only expert difficulty) So collecting crates for the hardmode ore/bars is what I'm going to be shooting for.

Is full menacing good for hardmode? I know warding is great too. Or maybe I should mix menacing with lucky?

Generally if you are using armor or focusing on a class like Magic or summoner, you'll be very squishy overall as a result which is why in my opinion it is the better route to invest in having menacing modifiers for your accessories. If you're focusing on melee, then it can help to focus on warding if you want to be able to handle getting damaged more.

Ultimately depends on your playstyle, but that's probably what I would do.

While I'm here I'll go ahead and ask another question that has to do with hardmode. Does opening crates from pre-hardmode in hardmode still net you with the new ore/bars?

And yes, if you have crates fished from Pre-Hardmode, they have a chance of giving you the hardmode ore as well if opened in Hardmode.

I could see how my damage is if I went warding. I won't see any difference in defense until I enter hard mode though.

And about my second question. From what I understand, the cost of reforging is 5 times the value of the item. So I guess the cost to reforge wouldn't go up in hardmode?

I could see how my damage is if I went warding. I won't see any difference in defense until I enter hard mode though.

And about my second question. From what I understand, the cost of reforging is 5 times the value of the item. So I guess the cost to reforge wouldn't go up in hardmode?
no it would not. Hardmode has not effect on reforge costs. :)

I'm in my first playthrough of Terraria. It's been hardly a "blind" playthrough because I'm using the Wiki quit a bit.(there's so much to this game) I'm at the point of WoF to go into hardmode. But I'm doing so prep before that. One of the things is making sure I have my gear sorted out. I'm playing on normal in a small world. I been playing mostly and I have the accessories that I want. I have menacing on all of my accessories for as much DPS that I can do. So here's some questions.

Does the cost to reforge increase in hardmode? This is why I'm asking. If I figure I want to change my modifiers, then I want to do it when it's the cheapest.

While I'm here I'll go ahead and ask another question that has to do with hardmode. Does opening crates from pre-hardmode in hardmode still net you with the new ore/bars? Smashing the alters and worrying about the new spread of crimson isn't what I really want to deal with.( I wish this mechanic was for only expert difficulty) So collecting crates for the hardmode ore/bars is what I'm going to be shooting for.
you'll get hardmode bars and ores only if the world is in hardmode, and also you should play on expert mode better loot and stuff

You might want to mix and match for now, and when you're much more experienced (and not to mention, wealthier), you can start finding out what you need. I recommend you to go for Warding if you're too weak to even go mining for HM ores after you beat WoF, and after you balance everything out, try Spiked for a try.

getting crates in prehardmode, and u open them in hardmode, u get hardmode stuff. Full menacing IS good, but do 1 or 2 warding, cuz ur gonna die a LOT. No, the prices of reforge does NOT change.

Back
Top Bottom