Resolved [PS4] Cannot Join Mobile MULTIPLAYER anymore

legendofkam

Terrarian
I used to play on my friends world on multiplayer and now it no longer lets me join? Any reason or solution for this? Thank you in advance. I am build 768, perhaps its that?

I used to play on my friends world on multiplayer and now it no longer lets me join? Any reason or solution for this? Thank you in advance. I am build 768, perhaps its that?
Hi @legendofkam welcome to the forums. :)

Currently there is no official crossplay for console and mobile. If you were able to have it work before, that's great, but it's not a feature yet, so if it doesn't work that's expected. Unofficially, console and mobile are on different versions for the time being, so that may be the cause.

Hi @legendofkam welcome to the forums. :)

Currently there is no official crossplay for console and mobile. If you were able to have it work before, that's great, but it's not a feature yet, so if it doesn't work that's expected. Unofficially, console and mobile are on different versions for the time being, so that may be the cause.

Thank you for the assistance! That is exactly what it says that they are on different versions. Will we ever get them back on the same versions? Is it a matter of catch up or is it done by design?

Thank you for the assistance! That is exactly what it says that they are on different versions. Will we ever get them back on the same versions? Is it a matter of catch up or is it done by design?
They will be on the version again, yes. Both updates (mobile and console) are completed. Mobile got the update faster because the process to review and get it approved (by App Store and Play Store) is faster. Console version submission is slower (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo looking over things).

When they are both on the same version again, crossplay may work, and if it does great. But if it doesn’t, it won’t be considered a bug or technical problem since crossplay isn’t an official supported feature.

The developers have said that they will attempt cross play for all platforms to play with each other. Efforts to do that have not begun. And there is no guarantee that it will work. I just want to set expectations. :)

Back
Top Bottom