Resolved [PS4] Cannot start split screen after 1.4 update

ChuckC137

Terrarian
My wife and son play local split-screen all the time. My son hosts the world, and my wife joins it. After the 1.4 update, they can no longer get my wife's character to join my son's world. She used to hit X to join his world, but that doesn't work. I read online that you now have to use the Options button, but that doesn't work either.

She signs into the PlayStation, and it immediately returns to his game (as it always did), but now there is no button we can press on her remote that will start the split-screen mode. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a known bug? Are we missing something obvious? Please help!

My wife and son play local split-screen all the time. My son hosts the world, and my wife joins it. After the 1.4 update, they can no longer get my wife's character to join my son's world. She used to hit X to join his world, but that doesn't work. I read online that you now have to use the Options button, but that doesn't work either.

She signs into the PlayStation, and it immediately returns to his game (as it always did), but now there is no button we can press on her remote that will start the split-screen mode. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a known bug? Are we missing something obvious? Please help!
At the moment Split screen is only supported from offline play (Single Player) from the main menu

Never mind, I went and tried it, and it works. I'm not sure how it makes sense that you need to use Single Player to do split screen, but you can't argue with results. Thank you, kind stranger! This solves my problem for now, and wife and son are happy again.

Back
Top Bottom