Resolved [PS4] Cannot use Housing Query on 1.4

I personally, nor the people I'm playing with have had any luck with using any button or combination

to give a bit more of a step-by-step for it...

-open inventory
-go to housing query
-press the button that "switches to world", the controls at the bottom of the screen should show which button that is for you, it's triangle on PS4 for me
-move the cursor with your right stick over the house and press your "use item" button

-open inventory
-go to housing query
-press the button that "switches to world", the controls at the bottom of the screen should show which button that is for you, it's triangle on PS4 for me
-move the cursor with your right stick over the house and press your "use item" button
I guess both were right, but this one was the solution. The key is "switch to world" which you can see in your key bindings at the bottom of the screen. I set mine to R3 to keep from accidentally pressing it. It has a similar function as the old "Build mode" that I'm used to.

Thank you!

I guess both were right, but this one was the solution. The key is "switch to world" which you can see in your key bindings at the bottom of the screen. I set mine to R3 to keep from accidentally pressing it. It has a similar function as the old "Build mode" that I'm used to.

Thank you!

you're welcome, glad i was able to help. :dryadhappy:

-open inventory
-go to housing query
The problem is that using this is very cery inconsistent. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doeant do anything

The problem is that using this is very cery inconsistent. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doeant do anything

are you making sure to switch to world when doing it every time? are you sure you aren't accidentally skipping a step occasionally?

because after i learned the two major parts to this, switching to world and making sure i press the "use item" button, i haven't had a single issue with housing query.

are you making sure to switch to world when doing it every time? are you sure you aren't accidentally skipping a step occasionally?

because after i learned the two major parts to this, switching to world and making sure i press the "use item" button, i haven't had a single issue with housing query.
I’m having the same issue where it worked twice and now just isn’t working, I’ve been switching to world as well.

Edit: so hitting the housing button twice to switch the npc list to make it horizontal ensures it works; when the npc list is vertical and I attempt to do housing queries it doesn’t work whatsoever.

Ok, so i'm on PS5, it wasn't until someone said switch from Veritical to Horizontal gets it to work properly. Well in my case I had to have the menu display to Vertical properly. In order to get it to change from vertical to horizontal and vice versa is click on the house icon.

**Edit - Above did not work afterwards, but I think I may have discovered the resolution, I tested it multiple times and seems to stick. 1) Open your inventory but do not inside of the inventory. 2) Press R1 until you get to Housing 3) Now make your changes, it should let you query and also, assign npc's to where you want to the go.

Last edited:
Ok, so i'm on PS5, it wasn't until someone said switch from Veritical to Horizontal gets it to work properly. Well in my case I had to have the menu display to Vertical properly. In order to get it to change from vertical to horizontal and vice versa is click on the house icon.

**Edit - Above did not work afterwards, but I think I may have discovered the resolution, I tested it multiple times and seems to stick. 1) Open your inventory but do not inside of the inventory. 2) Press R1 until you get to Housing 3) Now make your changes, it should let you query and also, assign npc's to where you want to the go.
Thanks for sharing your experience @Haldonir - I believe the key, like you mentioned, is to make sure to use the right bumper to get to the housing menu. Don’t use the left joystick to get over there.

Back
Top Bottom