Mac PS4 Controller not working

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
I can't seem to figure out how to use a PS4 controller with terraria. there appear to be multiple actions bound to a single button, and I'm using the default controls. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix it, but it still doesn't work. One of my main problems is that when I jump, an action I bound to left trigger, it also thinks I'm interacting with stuff, which is bound to the circle button (or "B", as it's called in the menu). I should also note that the options button works very strangely as well, just... doing whatever it feels like doing with the map.

After doing a bit of digging, I've found that it has something to do with me being on a mac, which means I can't use DS4Windows, which you need (I think?) in order to use the PS4 controller with Terraria, since this controller uses DirectInput as opposed to XInput, whatever that means.
However, the controller does work with other games, so it is possible to make it work, it just... doesn't. does anyone know of a workaround?

EDIT: Another bug I've found: it appears as though I am typing with my custom keyboard controls whenever I try to rename a chest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom