Resolved [PS4] GAME FREEZES ON PS4 (all posts will be combined into this thread)

Im playing on ps4. Literally every 5 minutes no joke the game just freezes. Idk why, I don’t think terraria is that much of a strong game I’m sure a ps4 can handle it if mobile can. I’m playing on a large world which may be the issue because I’ve seen others with the same issue on large worlds
Thanks for the report! This has been a particularly difficult bug to narrow down the cause of. There were a few things I was curious about:
  • Would you be able to send a screenshot of your ”Video” and “Advanced Video” settings?
  • Could you send me a .zip export of your save files? This can be created by plugging in an external USB stick and navigating to “Application Saved Data Management” within settings.

Would it be possible to request a .zip of your save data? This can be found in the ”Application Saved Data Management” section of Settings, and should allow you to export your files to an external USB stick.
as i said, unfortunately not.
but i'll try my absolutely best to somehow force it to, since getting to text with one of the devs is a HUGE honor!!

as i said, unfortunately not.
but i'll try my absolutely best to somehow force it to, since getting to text with one of the devs is a HUGE honor!!
Hello again! Was just wanting to clarify what was meant by the word ”force” - there shouldn’t be any need to force transfers, as the PS4 directly supports this feature (provided that you have a USB stick handy, that is): How to manage PS4 console storage space

Hello again! Was just wanting to clarify what was meant by the word ”force” - there shouldn’t be any need to force transfers, as the PS4 directly supports this feature (provided that you have a USB stick handy, that is): How to manage PS4 console storage space
i know, it just doesnt work on mine because of "copyright issues" so i kinda have to.
I will however find a way, and thats a promise!

i wish i could do that right now but im at school so.. dammit

i know, it just doesnt work on mine because of "copyright issues" so i kinda have to.
I will however find a way, and thats a promise!

i wish i could do that right now but im at school so.. dammit
Thanks for the reply, and no rush! School is important.

When available, could you clarify what is meant by ‘copyright issues’? You wouldn’t be required to zip up your entire copy of Terraria - this just pertains to the application’s save data, the exporting of which has no legal implications.

Thanks for the reply, and no rush! School is important.

When available, could you clarify what is meant by ‘copyright issues’? You wouldn’t be required to zip up your entire copy of Terraria - this just pertains to the application’s save data, the exporting of which has no legal implications.
it just shows a copyright error i genuinely dont know why

@Nescre well i'm almost home and then i'll try to get the files.
also that file thing its not important enough for me to bother to fix since i definitely could, still thank you :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the detail you’ve provided in this thread! We will continue to look into this. A decent amount of these points line up with things I’ve suspected myself - so this is helpful in zeroing in on the issue.

Would it be possible to request a .zip of your save data? This can be found in the ”Application Saved Data Management” section of Settings, and should allow you to export your files to an external USB stick.

Additionally, could I see a screenshot of your Video and Advanced Video settings?
ummmmmm
i cant upload it, it says "file too large for server to process"
what do i do now?

Last edited:
Just a note that I have combined all “PS4 freeze” threads into one, and stickied the thread. Any new threads will be combined into here. The first post has been updated…

All posts regarding the PS4 freezing issue will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

Help the developers out by sharing as many details as possible, and also by sharing your zipped up game files.
Copy from PS4 console System Storage to USB

1. Connect a USB storage device to the PS4 console.
  2. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device.
  3. Select a game.
  4. Place ticks next to the data you wish to copy, or Select All, and select Copy
  5. On a PC, zip up the ”PS4" Folder that is saved on your USB device
  6. Upload that zipped up file here on the forums using the “Attach Files” button, OR upload the zipped files to a Google drive (or something similar) and provide a link for it.

Just a note that I have combined all “PS4 freeze” threads into one, and stickied the thread. Any new threads will be combined into here. The first post has been updated…

All posts regarding the PS4 freezing issue will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

Help the developers out by sharing as many details as possible, and also by sharing your zipped up game files.
Copy from PS4 console System Storage to USB

1. Connect a USB storage device to the PS4 console.
  2. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device.
  3. Select a game.
  4. Place ticks next to the data you wish to copy, or Select All, and select Copy
  5. On a PC, zip up the ”PS4" Folder that is saved on your USB device
  6. Upload that zipped up file here on the forums using the “Attach Files” button, OR upload the zipped files to a Google drive (or something similar) and provide a link for it.
there you go!

Thank you! do you have a particular player and world which you have this happen more often?
no, this is all files i have.
however it does happen wayy more often on "ergänzung", wich may be a coincidence.

welt 1 is my main world and i only have one Charakter, this is simply all the game let me copy

Hello! After 15-20 minutes of gameplay my game just freezes. When it first happens I can hear the game but after waiting everything goes silent and it’s as if my game is on paused mode lol. Waiting does nothing because it freezes completely unless I close the application. I’ve restarted the console I also tried creating and new world and it still happens. I’m not to sure what to do because I love this game can someone please help.

Hello! After 15-20 minutes of gameplay my game just freezes. When it first happens I can hear the game but after waiting everything goes silent and it’s as if my game is on paused mode lol. Waiting does nothing because it freezes completely unless I close the application. I’ve restarted the console I also tried creating and new world and it still happens. I’m not to sure what to do because I love this game can someone please help.
Hi @ZENØ, I moved your post into this thread regarding the PS4 Freeze issue. Take a look at the first post for more info. :)

Hey guys, does anyone have any information on when an update or bug fix will be released for the PS4 regarding the freezing issue that has been happening to me and a lot of people? I've been playing terraria again, and I've run into freezes that prevent me from playing, but the music continues to play and I can navigate the PS4 menu normally. Since the last update I've been facing this bug, and I wanted a possible solution for it, or know when an update will come out to remove this bug that PS4 players are facing.

Back
Top Bottom