Resolved [PS4] Planter boxes

hi guys, so i might be overlooking something simple here, but i was under the impression that each planter box would spawn the relevant flower? Without having to have say lava, water for waterleaf etc...no mattet wht seed i put in what planter box they will not grow, any ideas?

Tia

Hello Possessed Soul,

The Planter box doesn't automatically grow the corresponding plant. You still have to plant the seeds and then harvest them as normal. The plants once grown from the planter boxes can't be uprooted unless you purposefully harvest it.

The differences between the different planter boxes are purely aesthetic also. You can plant a blinkroot seed in a moonglow planter box for example, you can put any seed in any of the planter boxes.

Their benefit imo over crafting vases from clay is that they're cheap and easy to buy from the Dryad, and you can create a huge farm of plants very easily.

Each plant has different conditions before they will bloom. That's the point where you can harvest a plant and get the plant and seeds from it. Using the Staff or Regrowth will also allow you to have a larger harvest of plants & seeds. Daybloom only blooms during the daytime (4:30am - 7:30pm) in game. Waterleaf will only bloom if it's raining, and the Shiverthorn will bloom at completely random times as some of the conditions.

Hmmm, thats what i thought, but i have a daybloom seed in a planter, 4 ingame days have passed and it still hasnt grown, also am i right in saying fireblossom no longer needs to be submerged in lava, or should i say whats its growing condition?

If it still hasn't grown after that point and it is not blooming during the daytime in game, it might be a bug which you can report in the bug reports section. Before you do that, I would try planting several daybloom seeds near each other and waiting a few in-game days for those to bloom. If none of them bloom after several in-game days I would report it as a potential bug. Sometimes plants will take a long time to grow, even if the seeds have been planted at the same time.

You are correct about the Fireblossom. They have another growing condition now. They will bloom during sunset which is about 3:30pm (or 4:30pm) I don't remember which one exactly. And bloom until 7:30pm.

If it still hasn't grown after that point and it is not blooming during the daytime in game, it might be a bug which you can report in the bug reports section. Before you do that, I would try planting several daybloom seeds near each other and waiting a few in-game days for those to bloom. If none of them bloom after several in-game days I would report it as a potential bug.

You are correct about the Fireblossom. They have another growing condition now. They will bloom during sunset which is about 3:30pm (or 4:30pm) I don't remember which one exactly. And bloom until 7:30pm.
If it still hasn't grown after that point and it is not blooming during the daytime in game, it might be a bug which you can report in the bug reports section. Before you do that, I would try planting several daybloom seeds near each other and waiting a few in-game days for those to bloom. If none of them bloom after several in-game days I would report it as a potential bug. Sometimes plants will take a long time to grow, even if the seeds have been planted at the same time.

ok ill try that first thanks, have you any idea how you get a fireblossom box?

NOPe not working, all the daybloom not in planters grow fine the ones in planters dont

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 814
Haha, literally as i press send it sprouted one haha, it took a very long time but i will experiment with the different seeds and submit my findings, thanks for your help though :)

HI aurora, well the planters all seem to be fine now, thanks again for your help, just another quick question, im trying to make a storage world with all relevant blocks items grouped together etc etc....do you know if you can actually store the different types of grass blocks? Or are they just there for generating biome specific materials?
Tia

HI aurora, well the planters all seem to be fine now, thanks again for your help, just another quick question, im trying to make a storage world with all relevant blocks items grouped together etc etc....do you know if you can actually store the different types of grass blocks? Or are they just there for generating biome specific materials?
Tia

The closest you can get to storing the grass blocks is to have the seeds for the corresponding blocks. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to mine the block with the grass tile on them.

Hi again aurora, im sorry for been a pain haha, have you any idea how you craft snow clouds? Because if they have been added the guide on wiki is incorrect

Hi again aurora, im sorry for been a pain haha, have you any idea how you craft snow clouds? Because if they have been added the guide on wiki is incorrect

To craft a snow cloud, you'll need to craft it from a sky mill that's in the ice biome. It will only work in the snow biome. In-game the guide will tell you that it requires a sky mill with "cold weather" It doesn't look like it requires a blizzard to be happening.

Yea ive tried multiple times, and then i looked on wiki and it says introduced in 1.3.2 am i right in saying console isnt at that yet?

Ah if it's introduced in 1.3.2, then it's not in Console yet. I apologize, it looks like it is not possible in console yet unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom