PS4 PS4 Progressively Worsening Split Screen Crashing Bug

I was in contact with the devs about this last year but they didn't know what was wrong. I'm hoping that posting about the problem again and how it's getting worse, they might have some info this time or let us know if they're working on a fix.

I play split screen with my son, sometimes in worlds on my account and sometimes in his. About a year ago anytime we played in any of his worlds the game would crash upon save and/or exit. If I tried to leave but let him play, the game would crash. So we started playing in my worlds exclusively. This worked fine until just this morning.

We were in my oldest and most complex world, that we have been able to play in with no issues since I started it when we bought Terraria. Today as soon as we entered the game and my kid tried to use the teleporter to leave his room for the rest of the house, the game crashed. We went back in and it happened again. The world is now unplayable for both of us though I can play in it fine by myself.

I started another world for him to call his own on my account about a month ago. So far we are able to play in that world, but the game crashes when exiting.

This is extremely disappointing as this is our favorite game to have family time playing. Would someone please let us know if a fix is upcoming. I'd hate to have to stop playing this game as we have a lot of time in it and enjoy the time spent playing together. Please fix this. I've read other threads here and on other websites and know that this is not something that's happening only to us.

Make sure ALL accounts have autosave off, and save but not use the "save and exit" feature. And if you ever want to save your progress, try saving the game, then exiting WITHOUT saving. This helps a lot if the game crashes while exiting the world. Save frequently also, this will minimize the things you lose if the game crashes.

I was in contact with the devs about this last year but they didn't know what was wrong. I'm hoping that posting about the problem again and how it's getting worse, they might have some info this time or let us know if they're working on a fix.

I play split screen with my son, sometimes in worlds on my account and sometimes in his. About a year ago anytime we played in any of his worlds the game would crash upon save and/or exit. If I tried to leave but let him play, the game would crash. So we started playing in my worlds exclusively. This worked fine until just this morning.

We were in my oldest and most complex world, that we have been able to play in with no issues since I started it when we bought Terraria. Today as soon as we entered the game and my kid tried to use the teleporter to leave his room for the rest of the house, the game crashed. We went back in and it happened again. The world is now unplayable for both of us though I can play in it fine by myself.

I started another world for him to call his own on my account about a month ago. So far we are able to play in that world, but the game crashes when exiting.

This is extremely disappointing as this is our favorite game to have family time playing. Would someone please let us know if a fix is upcoming. I'd hate to have to stop playing this game as we have a lot of time in it and enjoy the time spent playing together. Please fix this. I've read other threads here and on other websites and know that this is not something that's happening only to us.
I'm sorry to say I don't know of any fix for this. I'm assuming you're getting the PlayStation CE-34878-0 error.

The good news is that Terraria on the PS4 and Xbox One are having the code rewritten from scratch, so it may take care of a lot of these bugs when the new update releases. There's no official release date yet.

Yeah, it's that error code all right. I sure hope that the new code does fix the game. Rebuilding database and installing game fresh haven't done anything.

Back
Top Bottom