PS4 PS4/PS3 multiplayer

Flyin_solo

Terrarian
I apologize if this is an old issue but I have it now. Is PS3 and ps4 cross play possible? I'm trying to play with my friend and it doesn't work. I send him invites and he sends me invites and neither of us receive anything. Are my efforts to cross play in vain or is there a way to make this work?

Would somebody freakin reply? It said I could cross play with PS3. The DEVS said they were workin this out 2 years ago, and y'all still haven't figured it out? Once upon a time it was easy to get help on this forum

Would somebody freakin reply? It said I could cross play with PS3. The DEVS said they were workin this out 2 years ago, and y'all still haven't figured it out? Once upon a time it was easy to get help on this forum
As it stands, there's no cross-compatibility between any console, any platform, and/or any server. And the way it seems to be looking, there never will be.

Sorry, dude.

(Also, in case you hadn't noticed, these forms are half-passed dead.)

As it stands, there's no cross-compatibility between any console, any platform, and/or any server. And the way it seems to be looking, there never will be.

Sorry, dude.

(Also, in case you hadn't noticed, these forms are half-passed dead.)

On the contrary, as far as I'm aware, PS3/PS4/PSVita DO have some element of cross-play. I wish I had these systems to test myself, but I don't. Xbox 360 and Xbone also have cross-save and/or cross play (I'll have to get back to you on the second half.)

The OP seems to be having issues playing with a friend, which seems to happen from time to time, but AFAIK, it works fine. I'd be happy to find more info in the morning, but most people are in bed at this point.

On the contrary, as far as I'm aware, PS3/PS4/PSVita DO have some element of cross-play. I wish I had these systems to test myself, but I don't.

The OP seems to be having issues playing with a friend, which seems to happen from time to time, but AFAIK, it works fine. I'd be happy to find more info in the morning, but most people are in bed at this point.
Oh, do they really now? I've attempted trying to cross-network play my PS3 version on a sub-account and the PS4 version on my main PSN account, but to no avail whatsoever. So either, the network was being finicky, or... I honestly dunno.

I might actually have to retry testing that out to see if there's any plausibility. I want to say that local play is allowed between the PS4 and PSVita, but that's only based off of explanations from others and no confirmed data of my own. As far as I know, online is only a strict basis to the firmware present, AKA PS3-PS3, PS4-PS4, 360-360, XB1-XB1, ect.

... I will actually try to collect some data on this and let you know ASAP. I am very curious now myself.

Oh, do they really now? I've attempted trying to cross-network play my PS3 version on a sub-account and the PS4 version on my main PSN account, but to no avail whatsoever. So either, the network was being finicky, or... I honestly dunno.

I might actually have to retry testing that out to see if there's any plausibility. I want to say that local play is allowed between the PS4 and PSVita, but that's only based off of explanations from others and no confirmed data of my own. As far as I know, online is only a strict basis to the firmware present, AKA PS3-PS3, PS4-PS4, 360-360, XB1-XB1, ect.

... I will actually try to collect some data on this and let you know ASAP. I am very curious now myself.
Cross save and cross play has always been available between all Sony systems aside from some bugs. Xbox systems do not support cross play, and save 'inheritance' (it only goes one way) is currently experiencing issues.

I understand your frustrations but moderators are volunteers. We do this on our free time and these forums are quite expansive. Expecting a reply within only a couple hours is a bit extreme.
In the other thread where you brought this up it sounded like you might be having network issues that have nothing to do with Terraria itself?

Ok I was being dumb. I apologize. I didn't know you had to directly join someone's game if you're cross playing. I was trying to use invites cuz I'm a n00b

Back
Top Bottom