Resolved [PS4 & PS5] Map resets when the game is closed.

This has happened to me 6 times now on the ps4. I really want a solution so I can stop losing all my progress on mapping the world

Good news, or bad news. Not sure which. It happened again just now. If that bug reporting link is still good, I'll post a set of save game files from a couple weeks ago when it was still loading the map correctly, and the last save from last night when I closed the game and uploaded to cloud. The set of save files from last night, of course have the reset map problem when opened. I have the player, world, and map file. Hope that is all you need.

There was nothing remarkable this time. I didn't put it to sleep during the session or anything. Played for a bit, uncovered a chunk of map (I was removing crimson, using the terraformer which lightly uncovers the map in swaths). Saved/quit. Saved the three files to cloud. Opened today, map gone. Tried to download those three files, but map is reset. Whatever happens is either in the save file when it is saved or from the last game session that the save file gets corrupted. That much I'm sure of at this point.

Added notes: First, the file size of both sets of saves is too big for the form. If you would like so see both, please let me know before I go to the trouble of putting it on a cloud storage that you will be able to use it.

Second, this is soooo weird, I did a test just now where I took the 10 day old map file I had on USB (it was my backup backup) and used it with the current save game file. Map loads fine. It's older of course, has less revealed, and the map is out of date until you pass by and it updates. But it loads, and saves just fine. It's only the newer map file that gets corrupted.

One more edit: It looks like this is indeed related somehow to how much of the map is revealed. That's why it always seems to trigger around the same amount of exploration for me. I now have a game save set that can reproduce the issue within one play session. Load the old save, see map, explore a little bit using Zenith, save, exit, re-load, map is reset. Can reload the old save and repeat this over and over. I'll post this set of files to Roboarms DM.

Last edited:
Hi, I've just had this happen to me today. v1.4.4.9 Build 993 on a PS5. I can't provide saves right now as my laptop is broken but am eager to find a solution to this issue as it is actively impeding my progress.
If you have psn and cloud save enabled then you can download the map from there and it'll revert it back to what it was. The maps are labeled by numbers what's a bit annoying but some trial and era should work to find out what number is for the world you want.

Thank you everyone for all for your reports on this issue. It was due to the file size getting too big for the size limit and the game throwing an exception and deleting the file, but this is now fixed in the Hotfix Patch for 1.4.4.9.5 now available on your consoles! Let us know if you still continue to have issues <3

Back
Top Bottom