Resolved [PS4] World black screen

KingB

Terrarian
I have a map i had since i started playing terraria back in 2017. Whenever there was an update and i came back i would visit it but about two updates ago it started giving problems. When the world loaded the screen would be black but i can still move interact and see the map. I've tried other forums with similar probelms like deleting the systems and restarting but it never works. Creating a new character solves the problem a bit but causes more, like i can see the world terrain but not the people and the background would overlap on it self or others when I move. Me and my friends want to start a new world but grab stuff from our other worlds to slow the grind, so i would like to grab anything i have on the map.

Is there anyway to fix this or should i just give up?

Thank you in advance for any help.

<“world-2.wld” file removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a map i had since i started playing terraria back in 2017. Whenever there was an update and i came back i would visit it but about two updates ago it started giving problems. When the world loaded the screen would be black but i can still move interact and see the map. I've tried other forums with similar probelms like deleting the systems and restarting but it never works. Creating a new character solves the problem a bit but causes more, like i can see the world terrain but not the people and the background would overlap on it self or others when I move. Me and my friends want to start a new world but grab stuff from our other worlds to slow the grind, so i would like to grab anything i have on the map.

Is there anyway to fix this or should i just give up?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Hi there @KingB, welcome to the forums. :merchantsmile:

Where did you originally get the map? Was it one that you downloaded from the internet? I ask because it’s extremely rare to see a console player attach a world file.

I needed to remove the world file you attached as 505 Games (the publisher of the console version) has a policy that modifying or distributing console worlds is not permitted. You can read more info on that here: Important - Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Unfortunately, because of this you’ve voided your right to technical help. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. Hopefully you can find some workarounds to use the world, but finding any info about that needs to happen elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom