PS4 PS4 World download bug

hypergrad22

Terrarian
Alright, so I've got a world with a boatload of time, effort and more importantly loot, sunk into it. Now I've decided to do the whole, upload to cloud, download from cloud song and dance, but whenever I download my world, it says "No character available for download" which is odd, especially since I've downloaded my character (twice even). Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you

Alright, so I've got a world with a boatload of time, effort and more importantly loot, sunk into it. Now I've decided to do the whole, upload to cloud, download from cloud song and dance, but whenever I download my world, it says "No character available for download" which is odd, especially since I've downloaded my character (twice even). Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you
Hi there @hypergrad22, are you uploading from PS3 and downloading onto PS4? Or are you going from PS4 to PS4?

I have seen others that are reporting issues when trying to download worlds, even though their characters are being downloaded fine, so you're not alone.

Hi there @hypergrad22, are you uploading from PS3 and downloading onto PS4? Or are you going from PS4 to PS4?

I have seen others that are reporting issues when trying to download worlds, even though their characters are being downloaded fine, so you're not alone.
PS3 to PS4, I even tried downloading other maps just see if it was just my world that was the cause, still no luck

PS3 to PS4, I even tried downloading other maps just see if it was just my world that was the cause, still no luck
You may have already done this, but in case you haven't... other people have mentioned that what's worked for them is to upload the world to the cloud on PS3 again (essentially making sure that the world gets uploaded after the game updated to the latest version), and then download the world on PS4.

You may have already done this, but in case you haven't... other people have mentioned that what's worked for them is to upload the world to the cloud on PS3 again (essentially making sure that the world gets uploaded after the game updated to the latest version), and then download the world on PS4.
I tried that multiple times, and when it first updated (like an hour after it finished) it worked, but then it just all deleted itself and reverted back to the "There is no character available for download" shtick
Getting real sick and tired of this tbh, but thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me out

I tried that multiple times, and when it first updated (like an hour after it finished) it worked, but then it just all deleted itself and reverted back to the "There is no character available for download" shtick
Getting real sick and tired of this tbh, but thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me out
Sorry to hear that @hypergrad22. A new patch update came out after I last posted, have you tried the uploading and downloading since then?

I

I addressed the fact that I did it during the new update in a previous reply, and as previously stated, no such luck
Ah, I see. Sorry, wasn't sure if the "when it first updated" wording meant the most recent update or if you meant when the game first updated to 1.3 months ago.

So after updating to the most recent version, you were successful in downloading the world? But then the game deleted that world, and wouldn't download it again?

If the upload from PS3 and download to PS4 steps don't work, I'm not sure of any fix for this. You can see if 505 Games has any insight into your issue by opening a support ticket with them here: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

I'd also suggest sending in a bug report straight to the developers and include your PS3 world file so that they can see firsthand what the trouble may be. Send your bug report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

And here are instructions for how to send your world file: SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA

You should get a response from them if you open a support ticket, but you likely won't get a response after sending in a bug report (though by sending in a bug report you're insuring that they receive your info to possibly fix it for future updates).

Hypergrad are these between different PSN accounts?

KINDA related story, but when i first got Terraria for PS4 my brother had his main char on the main account, which was linked to the PSN on the PS3. Everything worked perfectly fine when downloading and uploading. But when I tried to upload my character to my profile (with both not being linked to PSN) I couldn't figure out why, but then I realised.

They dont have any PSN stuff linked to them.

So I went to the main map on the PS3, I put all my items in a chest, and uploaded the world AGAIN to the PS4. Then I made a new char on my account, gave that char the items, and grinded the health that I lost.

Back
Top Bottom