Resolved [PS5] Setting and trophies save file corrupted

koi64

Terrarian
every time I unlock an achievement the game stops and pulls up the save file screen saving that the save file is corrupted but the only part that doesn’t save are the trophies, settings and controls. The bug is annoying and disrupts the game flow.
F41C9997-89AD-4F12-B27E-25624EA04B71.jpeg

I know nothing about the ps5, but have you tried deleting the corrupted data in question? If the file is corrupted, maybe it has something to with the ps5 itself

I know nothing about the ps5, but have you tried deleting the corrupted data in question? If the file is corrupted, maybe it has something to with the ps5 itself
I deleted the game and reinstalled it after backing up the save data to the cloud but idk how to like pick out a specific file to delete

I deleted the game and reinstalled it after backing up the save data to the cloud but idk how to like pick out a specific file to delete

So I couldn't find anything recent, but apparently, it's impossible to delete singular save data files on the ps5. So unless you feel like pretty much completely erasing all progress in this game, you're going to have to deal with it.

God, I hate Sony

Wait no, I kept looking through the settings found the save data and backed up the 3 files that weren’t corrupted to the cloud. After I deleted all of the save data and backed up what I did have and it all worked out. I was wrong in the fact that deleting the game doesn’t delete the save data. Thank you

So I couldn't find anything recent, but apparently, it's impossible to delete singular save data files on the ps5. So unless you feel like pretty much completely erasing all progress in this game, you're going to have to deal with it.

God, I hate Sony
There is one way but it involves having ps plus. When backing up the save data to the cloud it splits it into 4. Character, world, achievements and setting and map 1 (no idea what the last one is) and it lets you choose which you want to back up and which not so I backed up the safe ones. Hope this helps anyone else if they also get this error. Also love the torch god fight Xd

There is one way but it involves having ps plus. When backing up the save data to the cloud it splits it into 4. Character, world, achievements and setting and map 1 (no idea what the last one is) and it lets you choose which you want to back up and which not so I backed up the safe ones. Hope this helps anyone else if they also get this error. Also love the torch god fight Xd
The PS4 let you do it with no cost at all, considering it allows to you back up data to a usb drive.

Also, map 1 would probably refer to map data for a specific l character on a specific world.

The PS4 let you do it with no cost at all, considering it allows to you back up data to a usb drive.

Also, map 1 would probably refer to map data for a specific l character on a specific world.
I think that could still work cause it still has the option. I just didn’t have a usb drive at hand.

And good to know. Have a great day torch god ^^

every time I unlock an achievement the game stops and pulls up the save file screen saving that the save file is corrupted but the only part that doesn’t save are the trophies, settings and controls. The bug is annoying and disrupts the game flow.View attachment 354927
go to settings to storage and click save data and click ps4 games and click the pencil next to terraria and search for the corrupt data file and tick it and press delete btw all your advancements will get deleted but it is worth it if you want your game to function normally

Back
Top Bottom