PC PSA: Venom and Cursed Inferno are much, much better now

mathbrush

Terrarian
Before 1.4, a venom arrow could do at most around 48 damage from the venom DPS.

Now, after the buffs of 1.4 and 1.4.1, each venom arrow does 300 damage from the venom (30 dps for 10 seconds). This means, in Classic worlds, a single venom arrow can take out possessed armor, derplings, and the vast majority of other overworld hardmode enemies.

Similarly, a single cursed arrow will do 168 total damage (24 dps over 7 seconds), although that increases to 343 damage if the oiled debuff is applied. It used to do 42!

Ichor will still be better for sustained hits by rapid-firing weapons, but these other options are looking a lot better than before!

I just tested it out, and with a vial of cursed flames I did 144 damage to a target dummy from just the cursed flames alone (14 'ticks' of 10 damage each and 4 ticks of 1 damage each). Since the cursed inferno from a vial lasts 3-6 seconds, that means it was doing 24 damage per second for 6 seconds.

I tested it before 1.4.0, and the damage was only 6 damage per second. In 1.4.0, it was buffed to 12 damage per second, and in 1.4.1 it was doubled again to 24. So it's much, much, much better than before 1.4.0.

Back
Top Bottom